300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    You already got your answer above. You're in TSU so you're waiting for the call.
    Sorry about that. I was just still unsure of whether or not my background had also been cleared. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      What duty station did they offer? Detroit land border or metro?
      I was offered the Bridge or the airport
      Better to die than live a coward.

"An unarmed man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen" Thomas Paine

Comment

• If the CASS Hotline says: "You have tentatively met all the pre-employment steps, after a review of your file, you will be notified of the next step."

Does that mean I'm in TSU now?

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertEagle1 View Post
          I was just wondering about how many are awaiting in TSU and still haven't gotten the call. Seems like they haven't given too much attention or funding over the past year or more to San Diego, even with a few announcements. I don't know, could be wrong. Hope to get the call soon!

referred to TSU CBPO - 10/16/08
          I'm in for CA SW border for CBPO as well, TSU on 11/21/08. I think we're in for the long haul (even though I might be waiting a bit longer than you). I find it silly though that there isn't any spots opening up. I think half of it is because they are busy as sin down there, but I can't believe that there aren't vacancies around the top busiest land borders in the US. It's puzzling to me to say the least.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I just called the hotline and they said they forwarded my paperwork to the scheduling department for them to call me with an EOD date.

Comment

• Originally posted by furrball409 View Post
              I just called the hotline and they said they forwarded my paperwork to the scheduling department for them to call me with an EOD date.

Congratulations furrball welcome to hurry up and wait

Comment

• Originally posted by SLC2009 View Post
                Been reading here quite a while. Does any one know who or what department to contact to ask about position funding? I have been on the TSU schedule for 56 days. Each time I contact TSU I am told that I am waiting for funding. Total time now for the process is over 18 months.

There is nothing more frustrating than waiting for something to happen that no one knows how to get the ball rolling.

Thank you.

Do you have Obama's phone number yet?

Comment

• Hey SAP123, I read a post earlier that you indicated you got offered a BPA position in Indio. You talked to the hiring center and they told you someone would be calling from CBP for possible vacancies? You must have turned down the BPA position by now or the offer has been withdrawn. I wasn't really clear. Oh, I see that your EOD date is Jan 8 for BP. Will the hiring center call you for CBPO while your in the academy? I thought that they wouldn't call u or continue your process until your out. I don't know what they told you on the phone though.

Indio didn't sound too interesting huh? BPA is great pay no matter what station you go to, plus you get your GL 7 or 9 in 7 months after EOD. Just getting through their academy is pretty painful though for quite a few trainees. If your in top physical condition it will make things a lot less stressful. It is also very paramilitary and sometimes feels like your at bootcamp. Of course CBPO and BPA are almost two totally different jobs but with the same mission.

Good luck in your decision making process, wether it's BPA or CBPO. I'm sure with San Diego being such a big port, they are always hiring and needing people. It's just a matter of time.....short I hope.
                  Last edited by DesertEagle1; 12-19-2008, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=furrball409;1547088]Can anyone tell me what this letter means? I just recieved a letter stating;

"All of your pre-appointment processesing has been successfuly completed. Our training Scheduling Unit will be contacting you directly when they are ready to place you. Discussions will begin at that time concerning academy class assignment, duty station location, and entrance on duty date availability."

It means your next step is receiving a phone call. The letter was very sraight forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                      I find it silly though that there isn't any spots opening up.I can't believe that there aren't vacancies around the top busiest land borders in the US.

Oh, believe me, there are spots. We're doing overtime like you wouldn't believe and they're still drafting for OT. The last hiring binge here saw about 200 new hires, but still they draft. Much of it is because we're under-staffed. It is well documented that there is a significant attrition rate not only here but agency-wide, and that compounds the problem of manning a port this size.

It appears the agency is staffing other areas around the country as it may be their turn in the rotation. There were 18 candidates in my FLETC class from this SO-CAL port and I'm only seeing 1 or 2 in current classes. We're all hopeful hiring picks up here again (at least I am- my poor dogs could use a break.)

But if you want to make a few extra quid in OT, this is a great place to do it.
                      ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ry greve;1547771]
                        Originally posted by furrball409 View Post
                        Can anyone tell me what this letter means? I just recieved a letter stating;

"All of your pre-appointment processesing has been successfuly completed. Our training Scheduling Unit will be contacting you directly when they are ready to place you. Discussions will begin at that time concerning academy class assignment, duty station location, and entrance on duty date availability."

It means your next step is receiving a phone call. The letter was very sraight forward.
                        Thanks, thats what I was hoping for. Just hope my 'wait' isn't too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by cby View Post
                          Anyone knows which is the busiest area in Washington I have all northern borders
                          Blaine.

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                            Can someone answer this question, I will be starting FLETC on JAN 8TH-APR22ND Will this academy turn into college credits? I was just wondering cause I'm taking online classes for a Bachelor's degree.
                            That'll depend on your school. It's possible with some to convert a few credits. Don't expect many. I think the most credits I've heard of given for the new program was 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              Yesterday I called the hotline and it said that I was not on record... needless to say I freaked out!... Today I called MHC and they had me as active in Florida and that my TO for LA had been withdrawn on monday. I re-applied on the last opening to change Geo location to Florida, and you have to wait for the pool of testers to go through so that the TO's are sent out in score order... I'll probably be getting my new TO in the mail soon, and thankfully everything I had done and was still pending transfered over.
                              So, in short... TO's for the last opening will be going out soon... Good Luck Guys

Yoda:

Thanks for the info.

Was your GEO preference listed on the last announcement or did you just change your GEO preference? My GEO wasn't on this last announcement, but my application was reactivated under 09-01 anyway.

That's good news to hear that they are just waiting for everyone to finish up, and hopefully TO's will be going out soon.
                              Last edited by Drew23; 12-19-2008, 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling
                              ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew23 View Post
                                Yoda:

Thanks for the info.

Was your GEO preference listed on the last announcement or did you just change your GEO preference? My GEO wasn't on this last announcement, but my application was reactivated under 09-01 anyway.

That's good ness to hear that they are just waiting for everyone to finish up, and hopefully TO's will be going out soon.
                                HOW LONG DID THAT TAKE?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9336 users online. 445 members and 8891 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X