Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background

Question,

I meet with my background investigator for CBPO just before Thanksgiving. Today I called the USMS and asked about my background and they told me my fingerprints and all the paperwork had been sent to OPM.

Does anyone know if someone up there will make the connection on my name and just do one background? Or am I going to have to meet with another background investigator and go through the whole thing again.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Campbell3923 View Post
      Anyone else in TSU and waiting for a call for Port Huron?
      Unfortunately, it doesnt seem that PH is taking on people right now. Odds are you, like everyone else with a michigan geo, will be offered Detroit. It would not be wise to decline the offer if and when you get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
        Question,

I meet with my background investigator for CBPO just before Thanksgiving. Today I called the USMS and asked about my background and they told me my fingerprints and all the paperwork had been sent to OPM.

Does anyone know if someone up there will make the connection on my name and just do one background? Or am I going to have to meet with another background investigator and go through the whole thing again.

Thanks
        The agencies aren't connected. I would imagine they will do their own investigation.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what this letter means? I just recieved a letter stating;

"All of your pre-appointment processesing has been successfuly completed. Our training Scheduling Unit will be contacting you directly when they are ready to place you. Discussions will begin at that time concerning academy class assignment, duty station location, and entrance on duty date availability."

CASS still shows my pre-employment forms, qualifications, and background as pending. Does this mean everything is cleared?

Comment

• Any San Diego applicants awaiting in TSU

I was just wondering about how many are awaiting in TSU and still haven't gotten the call. Seems like they haven't given too much attention or funding over the past year or more to San Diego, even with a few announcements. I don't know, could be wrong. Hope to get the call soon!

referred to TSU CBPO - 10/16/08

Comment

• Originally posted by furrball409 View Post
              Can anyone tell me what this letter means? I just recieved a letter stating;

"All of your pre-appointment processesing has been successfuly completed. Our training Scheduling Unit will be contacting you directly when they are ready to place you. Discussions will begin at that time concerning academy class assignment, duty station location, and entrance on duty date availability."

CASS still shows my pre-employment forms, qualifications, and background as pending. Does this mean everything is cleared?
              Yes. CASS is usually behind. How long ago did you meet your investigator?

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                Yes. CASS is usually behind. How long ago did you meet your investigator?
                A little over 2 months ago. So this would mean even the BI is complete? I just sent them an updated version of my resume because my original didnt reflect enough experience. I wasnt sure if this letter was just about the "qualifications" section of CASS, or all the qualifications as a whole (to include BI, med, physical, etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by vic1218 View Post
                  Has anybody that applied for the announcement that closed 11/14 heard anything in regards to TO's being sent out? It might to be too early since it's only been a month since it closed and there are still people who haven't tested yet.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I didn't test, but re-activated under that announcement for my geographic preference. Do they generally wait until all applicants have tested before sending out TO's for an announcement regardless of whether you had to test or not?
                  ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew23 View Post
                    I was actually wondering the same thing. I didn't test, but re-activated under that announcement for my geographic preference. Do they generally wait until all applicants have tested before sending out TO's for an announcement regardless of whether you had to test or not?
                    Yesterday I called the hotline and it said that I was not on record... needless to say I freaked out!... Today I called MHC and they had me as active in Florida and that my TO for LA had been withdrawn on monday. I re-applied on the last opening to change Geo location to Florida, and you have to wait for the pool of testers to go through so that the TO's are sent out in score order... I'll probably be getting my new TO in the mail soon, and thankfully everything I had done and was still pending transfered over.
                    So, in short... TO's for the last opening will be going out soon... Good Luck Guys
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Been keeping tabs on this forum for a while, figured I'd finally register and post. I took the CBP written test 12/8 in Seattle, got my NOR today, 12/18. Scored 100 at both the GS-5 and GS-7 levels, no veteran's preference points. Any guess how long it'll be for us Washington hopefuls before a TO comes?

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what this letter means? I just recieved a letter stating;

CASS still shows my pre-employment forms, qualifications, and background as pending. Does this mean everything is cleared icluding my background, or just my 'qualifications'?

Comment

• I am in the hurry up and wait stage i.e. TSU and was wondering, my GEO pref is NJ i am hoping to get newark are there more stations in NJ they would offer me or is that the only one?

in TSU since DEC. 15 '08

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                            I am in the hurry up and wait stage i.e. TSU and was wondering, my GEO pref is NJ i am hoping to get newark are there more stations in NJ they would offer me or is that the only one?

in TSU since DEC. 15 '08
                            Excuse my ignorance, but what is TSU? Is it similar to my post above?
                            Thanks

Comment

Can anyone tell me what this letter means? I just recieved a letter stating;

CASS still shows my pre-employment forms, qualifications, and background as pending. Does this mean everything is cleared icluding my background, or just my 'qualifications'?
                              You already got your answer above. You're in TSU so you're waiting for the call.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but what is TSU? Is it similar to my post above?
                                Thanks
                                Training and Scheduling Unit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9877 users online. 502 members and 9375 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X