Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah itd be nice if theyd drop me in towards the end if possible. dont see why theyd wanna spend all that cashola on me all over again when i already passed everything. but what the hell, i did it once, i'll do it again as long as theyre paying for it.

Comment

• Anyone been sent for a drug test before receiving the medical clearance?

I had a few issues they wanted clarification on. They have all the clarifications, but CASS has not been updated nor have I received a letter saying medically cleared.
      CBP Test: 02/07
      TO : 03/07

CASS:
      Preemployment Forms completed: 04/07
      Fitness : 06/07
      VBT completed Passed : 08/14
      Background Investi. completed : 08/28
      Medical Exam Completed : 10/16
      Drug Screen completed : 10/16
      Qualifications : 10/20

Comment

• I've not seen one person who has left and returned at the point where they left. I'm not saying it cannot happen, but I have not seen or heard of it happening. The curriculum is still being developed because the job is changing, so what's being taught now versus 2 or 4 years ago is completely differant.

Comment

• yeah bro, but i just went thru from this last may thru august. i dont care i'll take another paid vacation down at the fletc, just dont want to wait another year to get called.

Comment

• Hi and good afternoon everyone. I just got called up and will report on 22 OCT and wondering who in here will be reporting to RGV? Anyone from Laredo? I'll be in class 810. To all of you waiting to get "the call" good luck! I did a countdown and took a little under 8 months to get it all done! Don't give up and be patient!
            *****CBP Officer*****
            Hot South Texas

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Actually I got the call on the 4th Oct. and I live about 2 hrs away from my duty station. I know its little notice but oh well what can I say, almost 8 months waiting, 2 weeks seems good to me lol. Academy starts on 14 NOV.
                *****CBP Officer*****
                Hot South Texas

Comment

• Congratulations genorld!!
                  CBP Test: 02/07
                  TO : 03/07

CASS:
                  Preemployment Forms completed: 04/07
                  Fitness : 06/07
                  VBT completed Passed : 08/14
                  Background Investi. completed : 08/28
                  Medical Exam Completed : 10/16
                  Drug Screen completed : 10/16
                  Qualifications : 10/20

Comment

• hey genorld, when did you get your tentative offer?

Comment

• Is there any one from The Buffalo, NY area that is going through the hiring process? I got my TO for Buffalo and i'm scheduled for my VBT next Thursday.
                      Completed medical and PT. Sent in SF86 forms last week.

Also any one know of the detention center in Batavia,NY? Being hired?

Thanks.

Comment

• Thanks DannyB, hopefully you get called up soon! As for antwatersx's question, I got the tentative offer on May 23, 2007, I took the written test on Feb. 19, 2007, submitted SF86 and package on June 6,2007, got NOR for VBT July 16, 2007. BI was done in mid June, in my case, I was not medically cleared (medical discharge from Navy) but that was cleared up, and got called up on Oct. 04. Good luck to you and everyone else that is in the hiring process! I know its time consuming and can be very stressful but don't give up and before you know it, your off to your new carreer.
                        Last edited by genolrd; 10-11-2007, 10:21 PM.
                        *****CBP Officer*****
                        Hot South Texas

Comment

• thanks for the info gerolrd, i appreciate it. i've got pretty much the same timeline as you but no time in the service. i'm hanging tight. congratulations! good luck to you.

Comment

• genorld,
                            If you're in class 810, you'll be in with my buddy. He got the call last week, they wanted him to report on the 15th, but he had to push it back to the 29th. Good job, and good luck at FLETC!

Comment

• formerNOPD,
                              Thanks! Tell your bud congrats and hope to meet there at FLETC. Do you know what his duty station will be?

To all,
                              Anyone else in class 810 or anyone assigned to the south Texas region? I'd sure like to get to know those that I'll be workin' with.
                              *****CBP Officer*****
                              Hot South Texas

Comment

• My BI just met with my neighbors, boss, and co-workers, and I have my structured interview on Tuesday. I am finally happy to have all the BS done. I guess from here it is just a waiting game.

Quick question for those in the know. I got an open container ticket last year, it was just a pay fine by mail type of thing. I reported it to my BI. Is this something that is potentially disqualifying?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9320 users online. 523 members and 8797 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X