Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm currently in pre-academy at MIA and I noticed all the CBPO's that just finished FLETC get a new badge that says LEO at the bottom of it, that's when they can start working the OT. I think that answer the most FAQ in this forum: Are CBPO's law enforcement?

Comment

• anyone know when will be the next announcement for openings? I got a TO for Washington state, but really not my choice, so I declined it. Thanks
      Integrity First
      Service Before Self
      Excellence In All We Do

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
        I'm currently in pre-academy at MIA and I noticed all the CBPO's that just finished FLETC get a new badge that says LEO at the bottom of it, that's when they can start working the OT. I think that answer the most FAQ in this forum: Are CBPO's law enforcement?

????

New badges...LEO???

That's new to me. Care to explain more fully?

Edit:

After a moment of thinking I'm guessing you are talking about SIDA badges. That makes the most sense, and explains the 'LEO' designation.
        Last edited by merlin436; 12-18-2008, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sillyapple View Post
          anyone know when will be the next announcement for openings? I got a TO for Washington state, but really not my choice, so I declined it. Thanks
          Most likely...no, no one knows.

In a practical sense, most likely sometime between now and July. If I was betting I'd place a small wager on sometime before the end of March.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Most likely...no, no one knows.

In a practical sense, most likely sometime between now and July. If I was betting I'd place a small wager on sometime before the end of March.
            Someone at TSU told me she heard a rumor about one being at the end of February. Just a rumor though, she said she really had no clue.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Edited for PII
              Last edited by Wrangler81; 07-11-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Almost there Playing the waiting game now

Hey guys its been awile since my last post. I have been reading some of the posts I find them very interesting. Espcially the one about wearing armor in class while at FLETC. I am gonna have to inquire about that one. When I talk to my dad who is a instructor at FLETC I am gonna ask him. As for me I am just waiting on my BI to clear. Met with investigator back in Oct. I got the unofficial word yesterday from the MRU in MN that my medical finally cleared. My buddy who works at the crossing in Port Huron says they are kinda slow right now. So all the PH people who are waiting just hang in there our time is comming soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                  Can someone answer this question, I will be starting FLETC on JAN 8TH-APR22ND Will this academy turn into college credits? I was just wondering cause I'm taking online classes for a Bachelor's degree.
                  No they dont. All I can say is when you graduate, send for your transcripts and they'll send you certificates for everything you passed. I guess i cant hurt to take them to an advisor and maybe they can manipulate some stuff and give you credits.

Comment

• Originally posted by pheonix View Post
                    Hey guys its been awile since my last post. I have been reading some of the posts I find them very interesting. Espcially the one about wearing armor in class while at FLETC. I am gonna have to inquire about that one. When I talk to my dad who is a instructor at FLETC I am gonna ask him. As for me I am just waiting on my BI to clear. Met with investigator back in Oct. I got the unofficial word yesterday from the MRU in MN that my medical finally cleared. My buddy who works at the crossing in Port Huron says they are kinda slow right now. So all the PH people who are waiting just hang in there our time is comming soon.
                    When you say slow, are you referring to traffic or hiring new people? My friends there say its busy as always and they havent hired anyone new for a bit.

Comment

• Been reading here quite a while. Does any one know who or what department to contact to ask about position funding? I have been on the TSU schedule for 56 days. Each time I contact TSU I am told that I am waiting for funding. Total time now for the process is over 18 months.

There is nothing more frustrating than waiting for something to happen that no one knows how to get the ball rolling.

Thank you.

Comment

• Funding is a fun thing. The last I heard my port was working at funding levels from last year, because the new funding level hasn't been signed over, yet.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLC2009 View Post
                          Been reading here quite a while. Does any one know who or what department to contact to ask about position funding? I have been on the TSU schedule for 56 days. Each time I contact TSU I am told that I am waiting for funding. Total time now for the process is over 18 months.

There is nothing more frustrating than waiting for something to happen that no one knows how to get the ball rolling.

Thank you.
                          I doubt you'll ever get a response from anyone regarding funding. At least when they do get the cash maybe you'll be the first one they hire.

Comment

• Mia hirings

Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                            I'm currently in pre-academy at MIA and I noticed all the CBPO's that just finished FLETC get a new badge that says LEO at the bottom of it, that's when they can start working the OT. I think that answer the most FAQ in this forum: Are CBPO's law enforcement?
                            Hey do you know if Mia is hiring currently? Thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
                              dulles pre academy starting monday.. anyone??

fletc jan 15-April 29???
                              LOL! Hope you're not afraid of dogs ... anyway welcome to the fun!
                              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Just got the call for Detroit.

Jan 12- Pre FLETC

February 12- May 27th- FLETC

anyone else?
                                Better to die than live a coward.

"An unarmed man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen" Thomas Paine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10108 users online. 370 members and 9738 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X