300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    With all the blood-lust on here for fur, prepare for the heros from PETA and ALF/ELF to be out picketing your port, attacking the mouton farms and pushing Congress for mouton protection legislation.

Thousands of moutons die every year, sacrificed by CBP because of the cold-hearted indifference of CBPO's.

Give me a hat made of animal-free, synthetic, polluting petrochemicals over mouton fur any day!

Save the mouton!
    They can picket all they want, but if they touch my hat we got problems. you can save all the moutons in the world... but the one thats gonna be on my head.
    Last edited by qixfeet; 12-16-2008, 10:38 PM.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Save the mouton!

The only mouton I'm interested in saving is a Château Mouton Rothschild in a Bordeaux glass.

Premier je suis, Second je fus, Mouton ne change!
      ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
        Man I wished so I wouldn't have to take that five hour long written exam. I swear I was so hungry by the third hour, I nearly passed out. Those math questions didn't help either. My friend is now a CPO out of SFO and it took him a year to get the call. He had prior TSA experience. I considered myself very fortunate but at the same time, keeping my fingers cross. Since I've started applying for LE, I learned that anything can happen anywhere, anytime.
        Your buddy's last name wouldn't happen to start with a "G" would it?
        Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
          Your buddy's last name wouldn't happen to start with a "G" would it?
          Nope, starts with an "M"...

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
            Just wanted to let everyone know that I got "THE CALL" yesterday. Long Beach Port, pre academy jan.5-feb 10. fletc feb.11. I am surprised how quickly I got in. I tested in mid agugust, and had my meeting with my Background investigator the week of Thanksgiving, and now I am in. I am pretty excited. I guess Los Angeles/ Long Beach really need people. Anyone else going to fletc feb.11?
            Congratulations I haven't got the call but took the test in mid August too. Haven't met with my BI though. Question, were you checking CASS? If so, how long after did your background change from "pending" to "completed" did you get the call? Good luck to you.

Comment

• I had aquedtion regarding FLETC- are classes comprised of individuals
              For only one duty location at a time or are they mixed?
              - Zebulon -

Test: 04/08
              NOR: 05/08
              TO: 11/08
              VBT: 12/08 - Passed
              Medical: 12/08 -Passed
              Physical: 12/08 - Passed
              Drug test: 12/08 - Passed
              Qualifications : cleared for GS7 12/08
              Background: in progress
              Geo pref- Buffalo

Comment

• Originally posted by Zebulon View Post
                I had aquedtion regarding FLETC- are classes comprised of individuals
                For only one duty location at a time or are they mixed?
                Nah, its a big melting pot of folks. In my row in class i was from michigan and around me was atlanta, miami, jfk int'l, laredo, minnesota, ohio, etc. Its better that way, getting to meet different people from all over the place.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  The truth of the matter is, it is your responsibility to help out, especially while in uniform. Civilians can make citizens arrest and detain people while waiting for local LE to respond. Couldnt imagine having a security camera video of a 7-11 robbery appear on the 11 oclock news, and there i was in the background in uniform hiding behind the doritos...
                  Depends...what kind of Doritos are they?

Comment

• Not to differ from what Barn said, but some of the bigger ports like to lump their hiring together so it is possible to see large groups from one or more ports in the same class. I heard that Detroit had something like 25 people in one of the classes that starts soon/just started.

Comment

Not to differ from what Barn said, but some of the bigger ports like to lump their hiring together so it is possible to see large groups from one or more ports in the same class. I heard that Detroit had something like 25 people in one of the classes that starts soon/just started.
                      Yeah i heard that, thats insane. I had 8 in my class from chicago and i thought that was alot. Id rather be with others, you have your whole career to see the people you'll be working with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                        Depends...what kind of Doritos are they?
                        Cool Ranch and I'd stay cool, Blazing Buffalo and i come out guns blazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                          Just wanted to let everyone know that I got "THE CALL" yesterday. Long Beach Port, pre academy jan.5-feb 10. fletc feb.11. I am surprised how quickly I got in. I tested in mid agugust, and had my meeting with my Background investigator the week of Thanksgiving, and now I am in. I am pretty excited. I guess Los Angeles/ Long Beach really need people. Anyone else going to fletc feb.11?
                          Congrat's, man. Just keep a laid back attitude and you should enjoy yourself there. =)

Comment

• Got the call from USBP today. The guy on the phone told me that CBP should be giving me a call to see what they might be able to do with a CBPO vacancy somewhere (if one exists at this point, who's to say). Hopefully there is something, as I got offered Indio for the BPA position. Not my first choice, but beggars can't be choosers. I'll see what happens today.
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• A couple of pages back there was talk about the shooting and body armour at fletc. To clarify as of now body armour is worn during class and at the range. Actually it is worn whenever you wear your duty uniform. Not during pt, dt, or pc. As for the shooting it is a qualifing score of 150 and you only go back to the 15.

Comment

• College Question

Can someone answer this question, I will be starting FLETC on JAN 8TH-APR22ND Will this academy turn into college credits? I was just wondering cause I'm taking online classes for a Bachelor's degree.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11036 users online. 370 members and 10666 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X