Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a call from a background investigator this month. (Already did poly, and drug test).

I feel like I'm going to be the oldest guy in that academy class, whenever I do go. Got to remember to take Icy-Hot... Gonna need new shoe inserts too... Sigh...

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Historically for CBPOs, 38YO trainees weren't very old at all. These days, you probably still won't be the oldest one there.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      38 is still young... 52 was the oldest in my class... we had a few 40s too...I was 35 when I went thru Academy, The 52yo earned my respect, he had bad knees, bad shoulders and he pulled it thru... you will be ok. BlueLou

• I’m 20-3 and waiting for final offer , 33 right now but I’ll be 34 when I get to FLETC I also think I’ll be one of the old guys

Comment

• DiverB72
      DiverB72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nahh your fine. When I attended FLETC for my AMO academy, I had 2 guys over 50, and about 9 over the age of 40

• Prior military people essentially have a limitless age waiver. Currently 12D covered people would be waived for their stored-up years. The rest have until age 40 to get hired.

Comment

• Hey guys, did my Poly yesterday and was told they will let me know after the review everything.
      how long does it usually takes to hear the result.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        usually within a week ---> good results, more than a week ---> come in for another round or failed... Cbplife

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you take it? PA?

• Cbplife
        Cbplife commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry guys, been away for a a little bit..
        I took my Poly in Pa, a suburb of Philly

• Can an academy GS7 graduate swap ports with an Officer that is lets say a GS9,11,12? I'm slated to graduate in April & would like to know if its possible to swap soon after?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The probable best answer is maybe. Lots of things "can" be done if management is on board with everything.

• ClearFuture
        ClearFuture commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't take advice from someone that has spent 25yrs in federal government and still being "told" what to do by management...

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        ClearFuture Who are you talking about?

• Is the applicant portal down on CBP website? After I entered the login information, I received an error message that no access token received.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight675 View Post
        Is the applicant portal down on CBP website? After I entered the login information, I received an error message that no access token received.

I can confirm I received the same error, just now.

Comment

• The website is still down. Is everybody moving along in the process ok?

I did my poly on the 19 and was told I pass. On 23rd, I receive from the back office stating I pass and no further testing needed.

Submitted E86 form today, the 27th. I hope everything goes well and pass the background phase. I look forward to receiving the final offer. I am so nervous.

How is everybody doing? Have you heard back from the background..anything?

Comment

• Alvq
          Alvq commented
          Editing a comment
          I also had my Poly this month on the 10th, 5 days later it updated on the Application portal stating (pass), but I’ve yet to receive the official email saying I passed. I just sent my E’Qip to get re certified. All I need is to meet w/my BI & a drug test & im done.

• Leozhang6217
          Leozhang6217 commented
          Editing a comment
          So i did my poly in july. Few days later i got my pass email. Background contacted me in aug but didnt start till sep. Took 3weeks~. They had multiple investigators on my case to help nyc applicants out cuz BI is backed up for nyc. But imo i think it delayed a lot cuz i got call by multiple asking about the samething.

• Thanks for the replies guys, just got an e-mail saying that I passed the poly and no further testing is required.
        waiting for the next step…..

Comment

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!!!

• Knight675
          Knight675 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!!!

• Maria00
          Maria00 commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did you wait to get the poly appointment?
          I been waiting to be scheduled for the poly for 1 year +

• I Got the call 9-22-21 from TSU. I was offered to California and Arizona first which have incentive pay. I declined those and because I applied with a VRA application I was offered 8 other states. Because ive been monitoring the traffic on facebook I knew which states where being offered so I didnt ask which ports in each state but the states offered where
        California
        Maine
        Michigan
        Minnesota
        North Dakota
        Vermont
        Washinton State
        Montana
        Since I had already been investigating the states I already knew which port I wanted and so ill be reporting to Michigan in January 2022.

EOD January 4 2022
        Fletc January 20 2022
        Graduation date May 25 2022
        ill be in class CBPOBT - 585

I was able to choose to go as early as October but I chose to go in January to start the year off and have time to save for the BIG move since in live in Texas.

Comment

• Ramos11
          Ramos11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im Going to be stationed at the Land POE

• britt93
          britt93 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!!

• Maria00
          Maria00 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations
          Where were you investigating and which page on Facebook ? The offer payment in arizona is more of where you will be reporting?

• Ramos11
          Ramos11 commented
          Editing a comment
          There are a couple of groups , im not sure if the names but theyre have CBP in the name. Lukeville was the one in Arizona but I don't think it had incentive pay. I was investigating the 8 states homeschool policies and their covid mandates

• Originally posted by Ramos11 View Post
        I Got the call 9-22-21 from TSU. I was offered to California and Arizona first which have incentive pay. I declined those and because I applied with a VRA application I was offered 8 other states. Because ive been monitoring the traffic on facebook I knew which states where being offered so I didnt ask which ports in each state but the states offered where
        California
        Maine
        Michigan
        Minnesota
        North Dakota
        Vermont
        Washinton State
        Montana
        Since I had already been investigating the states I already knew which port I wanted and so ill be reporting to Michigan in January 2022.

EOD January 4 2022
        Fletc January 20 2022
        Graduation date May 25 2022
        ill be in class CBPOBT - 585

I was able to choose to go as early as October but I chose to go in January to start the year off and have time to save for the BIG move since in live in Texas.
        Congratulations!!!!!!

Comment

• So is nyc-JFK not being offered? Because that’s the one I really want

Comment

• UchihaMadara
            UchihaMadara commented
            Editing a comment
            @instanbul52 Same here, I still waiting for a poly but I haven't received anything. At the point in time I'm willing to take JFK and la Guardia or Newark airport.

• thats correct

Comment

• 19-3 NYC, waiting on poly since April 2019. 2.5 years+. For those who are still waiting as long as I am, stay strong. For those that got scheduled and are moving on with the next steps, congratulations and best of luck.

Comment

• UchihaMadara
              UchihaMadara commented
              Editing a comment
              You and I are in the same boat, I'm 19-5 so lets see what happens.

• newyorkmets2018
              newyorkmets2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you guys retake the medical ?

• UchihaMadara
              UchihaMadara commented
              Editing a comment
              newyorkmets2018 Nope, still waiting on poly.

• Mreurodance
              Mreurodance commented
              Editing a comment
              We will eventually need to retake the medical once all is said and done as I believe the medical is good for two years

• So someone yesterday got the offer and NY was on their offer , Arizona positions seemed to have been filled already since it wasn’t offered

Comment

• UchihaMadara
              UchihaMadara commented
              Editing a comment
              That's good to know.

• Istanbul52
              Istanbul52 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the update! Do you know if they’re only offering to VRA right now? Or everyone

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3633 users online. 219 members and 3414 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X