Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys so my background finally cleared and I did my drug test last week. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a final offer call after you pass the drug test?

Comment

• Ramos11
      Ramos11 commented
      Editing a comment
      I completed my drug test in Nov 2020 and im still waiting for my final offer. Covid is the reason for the delays and my OPINION is the come the new fiscal year I think offers will begin again

• I d been waiting since 12/18/20 for offer, might go do something else if they don’t call by august

Comment

• Phalenxz
      Phalenxz commented
      Editing a comment
      Amdre2117 Currently working as an insurance adjuster not fun... at all. I hear you on the waiting part, going back to school for some coding classes. Cant depend soloey on this 2 years no poly lol.

• Good afternoon everyone.
    I applied for CBP Officer GS-9 back in June 2020. I’ve already completed my eQip, Medical, Fitness and Structured Interview. Structured interview was completed in October 2020. I am now waiting for my Polygraph appointment, anyone know if they’ve been sending out notices for further steps? It’s been quiet for me these last few months. Nonetheless good luck to all that have applied

Comment

• Does anyone in los angeles receive any call for polygraph recently??? I m 19-3 , 19-11 and have been waiting for more than 2 years and still no call yet.

Comment

• Hello!
        Has anyone in the NYC area received any calls for polygraph? I applied back in 03/2019 and still waiting.

Comment

• Defy
          Defy commented
          Editing a comment
          Someone on here posted that there friend received a email for Polygraph. At least we know now that they’re sending out emails, guess we just got to wait till they catch up to us.

• Phalenxz
          Phalenxz commented
          Editing a comment
          JL05 my friend did 2 weeks ago you can see my comments on page 4043. He declined it do the other job offer he got during the waiting process.

• JL05
          JL05 commented
          Editing a comment
          Defy we shall keep waiting lol.

• JL05
          JL05 commented
          Editing a comment
          Phalenxz Got it...seems like it's slowly moving along.

• So far did eqip, medical and fitness and then haven’t heard nothing about poly or SI, I guess at this point is where the real waiting begins?

Comment

• I was waiting for a poly for the longest, but they just now added a new step, which is the pre security interview. I got a date set for that finally. Hopefully not much longer.

Comment

• Phalenxz
            Phalenxz commented
            Editing a comment
            T0827 is the pre security interview something everyone has to go through or is that just recent applicants? Not even listed on my application process.

• For current CBP agents, or those who may know, when and how do you get to smaller areas? For example, there two small CBP offices near me in a smaller coastal town in NC, are these highly competitive places to get? Are they similar to other agencies, after some time in your first duty station you can bid for a spot when one opens in these smaller areas?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            It depends. Some smaller ports hire street hires. Some pretty much operate on a "Friends and Family" model. Some fill from seniority bidders.

Generally, smaller seaports and airports, especially in "prime" states are highly desired within the agency and they seldom have openings and when they do, they pretty much have their pick of how and who they wish fill the gaps with. Land border small ports are usually much easier to get as a street hire.

Usually, it makes little sense to hire a new person into a small,
            sleepy port and have them stagnant. More often than not, a larger port has better experiences, resources and infrastructure for a new hire

• natural
            natural commented
            Editing a comment
            In the past, if Im not mistaken, the possible ways of transferring to a different port once you have been hired is through the following: 1. Swap with another officer from another port 2. Reapply to another vacancy announcement that is offering that port as one of the possible duty locations 3. Hardship transfer (special circumstances). Now in the last couple of years a program , NROB which allows officers to select specific ports without losing their current pay grade. NROB has several open periods throughout the fiscal year. Another option is once eligible, apply to become a first line supervisor at that specific port which you highly desire.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            There are simple voluntary reassignments that the agency will occasionally approve to allow for a move. I wouldn't say they're exactly commonplace and usually they'll involve some odd sort of circumstances to where the agency clearly benefits by moving somebody from location A to location B...but, under the right sort of situations they happen.

Reapplying to a new announcement sometimes works...and sometimes the agency does anything it can that's legal and legitimate to shut down such movement. Swaps are the main
            avenue for movement. Hardships happen but are very limited in scope. The NROB moves a few hundred people each year...mostly based on seniority and usually subject to the whims of the agency.

Often, the simple answer becomes it'll take years to move
            under the best of circumstances and those pie-in-the-sky small interior ports might never turn up as a viable option to move into.

• I accidentally deleted the CBP app and now Im having trouble locating it on the apple store. Anyone know where I can download it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpiment3 View Post
            I accidentally deleted the CBP app and now Im having trouble locating it on the apple store. Anyone know where I can download it?
            They discontinued the app they not longer use it anymore, now you will need to login in the cbp portal as that is the only way you can now see your progress https://myapplication.cbp.gov/s/

Comment

• Mpiment3
              Mpiment3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the update

• UchihaMadara Defy JL05 T0827 tried to include everyone that I know has been waiting awhile just got called for NYC poly for JFK application. Poly date is in July, and I am application 19-7. I did email under polygraph the person who is in charge of my app 2 weeks ago. Got an automated reply not sure if that helped or could just be a timing thing who knows. Hang in there everyone your next to be called, I will let everyone know how the results go end of july.

Comment

• Defy
              Defy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks man, I appreciate the heads up. Anything helps, Good luck to you on the polygraph and the rest of the process.

• JL05
              JL05 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's awesome news! Thanks and good luck!

• T0827
              T0827 commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! That’s good to hear! Did you do the Pre security interview already as well? At least your one step closer. Good luck!

• Phalenxz
              Phalenxz commented
              Editing a comment
              T0827 I did not do any pre-security interview, what does that even entail? Maybe I will be required to do it after the poly? I dont even have that on my application.

• Hello all, I am 19-7 Ny as well… did eqip, medical, physical, structured interview. Waiting for the background/ poly. Which one do they do first the background I’m guessing? I was called back during covid by someone who said they were the polygraph person and they are backed up did I want to continue and I told them yes. Now I’m just waiting. Since then 4 of my friends went through the fletc and graduated. Last friend was in class 537. She ended hp taking Cali post. How did you guys find out who was in charge of your case so that you can contact them?

Comment

• T0827
              T0827 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, on the application process, there should be a tab that says contact case manager and from there you write an email. Have you done the pre security interview? They just added that step before the poly. I did the structured interview at the beginning but this is new. Let me know

• No I didn’t do the pre security, ive also contacted the case worker only to get the generic email and never actually anything written by a person. Just wanted to see where I stood is all. But, I guess I just have to be patient and start working out again as it seems like things are going to pick up again. You guys that have been waiting like 3 years do you have to retake the physical fitness again?

Comment

• I’ve completed and passed every step and now just waiting for the final offer call. But now since they added this new pre security interview and I gonna have to complete that as well? Since I took my polygraph last year and they just added this recently.

Comment

• Phalenxz
                Phalenxz commented
                Editing a comment
                Istanbul52 I just got called for the polygraph and nothing was mentioned about a pre security interview lol. Maybe they are doing it for earlier applicants to trim the line for polygraph down? Like if they know you have a bunch of red flags they weed you out prior. I mean you already passed the poly and background, cant imagine a security screening will turn up much now. Good luck, and congrats on making it to the end, hope you get the call soon.

• 19-9 nyc area. Just got scheduled poly. I spoke to a couple recruiters. They said when they call for scheduling. If ure willing to travel for poly. There might be an earlier date. Poly is in PA(willing to travel).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4195 users online. 285 members and 3910 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X