Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all, first post on this forum. Here is my timeline, I’m currently waiting to make contact with my background investigator. Does anyone know if they have halted background investigations for the time being? Thank you and good luck to all of you who are still in the process.

CBPO 19-12 General Announcement

September 2019

Applied 09/03

Online Assessments Completed 09/09

October 2019

Entrance Examination 10/08

Passed Entrance Examination 10/10

Status of Referral (Eligible) 10/17

Tentative Selection for CBP 10/17

Medical 10/29

November 2019

E-QIP Submitted 11/01

Fitness Exam 11/06

Structured Interview 11/12

Structured Interview NOR (Passed) 11/13

COVID

February 2021

Contacted by Polygraph Examiner 02/22

Poly Examination (Verbal pass) 02/23

Poly Passed (✅ on CASS) 02/25

March 2021

Recertify E-QIP 03/01

E-QIP Recertified 03/04

Comment

• Racecar_Johnny
      Racecar_Johnny commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the timeline, makes us guys just applying feel better about what's going on under the hood. I'm at the start since I applied but missed my window to complete the online assessments, lol! :thumbsdown:

• Kodiak22
      Kodiak22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I spoke with my BI February 12th and my background just cleared 4/27. Seems they’re working through them fine. I’m just awaiting my drug screening now.

• Kodiak22
      Kodiak22 commented
      Editing a comment
      ———————————
      Last edited by Kodiak22; 05-06-2021, 09:03 AM. Reason: Double post

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      Applied 1/2019 19-4 still 50%

• BPA VRA 21-1

Applied 10/4/20
    Application received 10/4/20
    Entrance Exam 10/31/20
    Entrance Exam 11/3/20 Passed

***Withdrew from Process 11/19/20

BPA VRA 21-4

Applied: 1/1/21
    Application: Received 1/14/21
    Entrance Exam: (Previous Exam Score taken)
    Entrance Exam: 1/15/21 Passed
    Tentative Selection: 1/21/21
    e-QIP: Submitted and Accepted 2/17/21
    Fingerprints: 2/19/21
    Medical: 3/15/21
    Medical: Complete 4/18/21
    Pre-Security Interview: 5/10/21
    Pre-Security Interview: Passed 5/10/21
    Drug Test:
    Polygraph:
    Background Investigation:
    Fitness Exam:
    Final Offer:

25% Percent Complete

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a CBP Officer thread. It appears you're a BPA applicant. Huh?

• 19-4 Here.....

Applied - 1/28/2019
    Passed everything and still waiting for them to schedule poly...lmao what.

Comment

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here bro 19-4 applied 1/2019
      Still 50% .-.

• Ha, your right....

Comment

• I'm going to the academy in about a month, I saw a video of the Border Patrol Academy and was wondering if the drill instructors Raz you at the CBP academy as you get off the Bus like they do for BP.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      No. Things might have changed since COVID...but last I knew there was no "bus".

• mutts
      mutts commented
      Editing a comment
      No, the CBPO academy is definitely different than the BPA academy.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Negative, depend on how you get to fletc, drive or flight, you check in at visitor center, get your badge, if you are fully vaccinated, you will get your red badge, meaning you can leave base, if not, just regular badge, you will go to your assigned dorm building, get with front desk to get your room assigned, on first day, you will meet with instructors in class, they will be yelling, itiminating you, make you run up and down stairs, snip picking your boot, the way you dress, make your class form up into squads, ... etc... Definitely fun... But nothing crazy like bpa or military welcome...

• Latest update for those looking for signs of life in the process. Formerly hired by BP and resigned and applied for OFO in October 2020. Had everything transfer over except PFT and SI which are different. Passed both of those back in December. Had been awaiting Final Offer but was determined they wanted me to do the PSI despite my Poly transferring from my time with BPA. Just got notified I am scheduled for the PSI next week at which point I should be notified if they want me to retake poly and hopefully drug test date. Haven’t heard of any EODs offered since November but the wheels are turning again as far as Pre employment process.

Good luck to everyone else in the process! I’ll post any updates I receive from here.
    Last edited by DRohn167; 05-13-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...2/text?r=5&s=1

Law Enforcement Officers Equity Act. Support it. 10s of thousands of federal LEOs will benefit from its passage, including CBPOs. Contact your Congressperson.

Comment

• Does anyone know how caught up they are on academy classes? Are they back at full capacity? What class number are they on now and how many are they running a month? I'm supposed to be in class 580 with a start date of August 6th, but I'm trying to figure out how far out that will be pushed back.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Slowly catching up, they have been running 3 facilities, GA, SC, and WV to clear out the queue, covid restrictions start easing up so... You may be delayed little bit but definitely not months like last years, ... Last i heard 564 will start in Jun at SC, maybe 1 in WV too, and of course a bunch will start in Glynco... Hang in there man, it comes fast...

• Just got my email for my poly in CA. I'm an applicant from 20-4, I want to ask for advice from you guys. I know I'm getting ahead of myself with visions of the academy, but has anyone on here gone through some of it? I had a foot injury that may require surgery and I can still run and so forth it's just painful after a while. Not sure if I should continue or withdraw. Advise will be appreciated. Thank to anyone in advance - stay safe everyone

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Only you know what sort of shape your foot is in. Will you injure yourself further if you proceed with an academy?

• ZeroMood
          ZeroMood commented
          Editing a comment
          You most definitely will make it worse in academy. If it hurts to run after "a while," academy will really mess it up.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          JL85 academy does not consist only running (its everything... running,sprinting, fighting, tackling, handcuffing, alot ground work, etc...)... If you are in pain with only running, mostly you will have issues at academy... Depending on instructor, most will have you work your butt off, if you have surgery, how long does the recovery take? If it only takes few month to recover, i suggest keep going with the process, after passing polygraph, get surgery, you will have months for recovery,months wait for background, wait for eod, wait for academy... My Guesstimate, if you take polygraph tomorrow Jun 1st and pass, im guessing your eod and academy will be sometime 1Q 2022 if not longer (3 4 months if not longer background wait, 2 to 4 weeks for drug test, then more wait to get offer, then wait couple more month to eod, then wait for academy...you will have Plenty of time to recover from surgery....regardless i wouldn't withdraw from the process if i was you, worst case, you can ask them to hold off on your eod till you fully recover, most likely they will be ok... Even if they say no for some stupid reasons and withdraw your application, your background and polygraph are good for couple years, you can reapply then and have those checked off right away... Don't withdraw man, good luck on your polygraph and getting the foot injury taken care off....
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 05-31-2021, 04:42 PM.

• Anyone else here BPA 21-7?
        Submitted App: 4-29-2021
        Took exam: 5-01-2021 ?
        Notified of exam results: 5-14-2021
        Tentative offer: 5-28-2021
        Last edited by ZeroMood; 05-31-2021, 09:27 AM. Reason: BPA
        Stay strapped, or get clapped.

-George Washington

Comment

• Anyone else here 19-5?

Comment

• My current timeline for CBPO:

Application submitted on : 03/01/2021

Entrance examination completed on: 03/09/2021

Passing results received on: 04/16/2021

Tentative Offer received on: 05/24/2021

e-QIP submitted on: 05/26/2021

e-QIP sent back for fixing: 05/28/2021

e-QIP submitted again: 05/28/2021

Next step: ?
          Last edited by Bidstar; 05-31-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Next should be Structured interview,,fitness test, medical exam.... Then a longgggg waitttttttttttt..... Then Polygraph... Background... Drug test and final offer...
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 05-31-2021, 04:30 PM.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            Let’s see how long this takes lol, my background isn’t too deep so my process could be faster. I’ll give another update by the end of the year.

• Can Somebody tell me what is DT?

Comment

• britt93
            britt93 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s the Drug Test.

• UchihaMadara
            UchihaMadara commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you there

• Any one else having issues accessing the Applicant Portal?

Comment

• flo92
            flo92 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's down on my end too for the past couple of days... anybody else having issues?

• Dodger94
            Dodger94 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are using the APP on your phone it will no longer work. You must use the following link to see the updates. https://myapplication.cbp.gov/

• Any news or updates ? 19-5 here, still waiting for the drug and poly test.

Comment

• Phalenxz
            Phalenxz commented
            Editing a comment
            Negative in new york/jfk area. Still waiting, it sounds like they are catching up to the already scheduled classes though from the posts on here. Also most people have not really traveled in a year or so that should help the need for more cbp officers. Been waiting for a poly a little before summer of 2019. I just keep moving forward like I didn't get the job, I really want it don't get me wrong. Hope we both hear soon UchihaMadara.

• StevenMal
            StevenMal commented
            Editing a comment
            19-4 here just got my poly scheduled for July! I’m West Texas

• Phalenxz
            Phalenxz commented
            Editing a comment
            StevenMal Good luck, glad they are reaching out for polys.

• Phalenxz
            Phalenxz commented
            Editing a comment
            UchihaMadara My friend got the poly call for jfk recently. He was behind me in the application process by 3 weeks. His original application was prior to mine but he had to back out due to unforseen circumstances. Then he reposted around when I did. So new york seems to be moving alittle hope this helps.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2821 users online. 165 members and 2656 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X