EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - 8/2020

Background Investigation- met my BI in 10/2020
    background was completed 11/2020

Drug Pending

It’s has been a very long waiting period. It’s best to forget you ever applied and one day out of the blues, you will get a phone call to schedule your poly. While I am waiting for the drug test and final call, I recently applied to TSA to get my federal retirement time started

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Phamouspete; 04-03-2021, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      19-4 Announcement here. Hope to get the call for poly soon been waiting since 3/19

• JL05
      JL05 commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you submit your application? I'm also 19-5 and I've been in this process since March 2019.

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      JL05 I applied 1/2019

• “””””””””””
    Last edited by Slade; 03-17-2021, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Hey there folks.

any insight on how long backgrounds are taking to come back? I’m 20-3 originally 19-4. Spoke with my BI via phone (sounds like in person meetings are a thing of the past with covid) about 5-6 weeks ago. To my knowledge he’s finished his phone calls to previous employers and references roughly 2-3 weeks ago, and it’s been radio silence. I don’t have any bad history so I don’t have any reason I believe to expect a NOPA. My CASS showing 63% awaiting this check mark and my drug test.

Comment

• Cassie18
        Cassie18 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m there with you, I’ve been at 63% since August 2020

• Gabriellakfeldt
        Gabriellakfeldt commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone is different. Mine took a month and a half. Just depends on how much info is on your eqip.

• britt93
        britt93 commented
        Editing a comment
        My BI submitted mine at the end of Nov 2020 & it just cleared about a week ago.

• Anyone else at 88% patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for the final offer call? I’ve been waiting since December.

Comment

• B0bby3m
        B0bby3m commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve been at 88% since October 2020. 19-8

• SPX
        SPX commented
        Editing a comment
        CBPO 88% since 12/17/2020. I was told my application was sent to TSU. (Training And Scheduling Unit)

TSU told me quote "currently pending further guidance from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) regarding the CBPO academy class schedule for the upcoming year. CBP is still hiring! We will contact you to present your offer as soon as we are able to do so."

"Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline as to when we will be able to follow-up; however, we will contact you as soon as we are able. You have also (just to confirm), completed all pre-employment requirements and we will contact you as soon as we are able to extend the final offer."

• Gabriellakfeldt
        Gabriellakfeldt commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the same exact email. The wait seems to be never ending.

• StevenMal
        StevenMal commented
        Editing a comment
        19-4 Still waits for poly.....

• Can CBP push back your EOD date? And for the two weeks pre academy do you have to pay for a hotel or somewhere to stay or will CBP provide housing during this time?

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
        CBPO-DFW commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Happened to me. EOD next week for me tho....

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        All is at your own expense... a couple at the swb have government housing. Those aren't free and there is a waitlist.

• Jmarti0201
        Jmarti0201 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes they can push it back, right now I start next week EOD 4/5 and the academy was pushed to July 18. I will be using Airbnb for the next 3 months, that expense is o me. I have heard from other ppl who are in my same class that academy may be sooner however I will not truly know until next week.

• Without any doubt they can... As a matter of fact CBP has been pushing EOD back started last year due to COVID-19 . Lastly, you’re responsible for your Hotel or air bnb.
      Last edited by UD007; 03-19-2021, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Final update from me - Applied Jan 2019 and finally received a call yesterday from a polygraph examiner in Washington DC. From what I was told they're extremely backed up in the north east but they've caught up in the Washington area. I was given the opportunity to test in two weeks but I politely declined and decided at this time to withdraw my application from CBP. Over the last few years I pursued a new career, got married, bought a house and the list goes on. At this time I can't see myself being away for 4 months + and relocating to another state if I were to have moved on.

Best wishes to those still in the process
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• LB_Cornhusker
          LB_Cornhusker commented
          Editing a comment
          I recall following your progress... very interesting to see how late poly calls are going out. Best wishes to you as well!

• Originally posted by Gabriellakfeldt View Post
        I got the same exact email. The wait seems to be never ending.
        2 ~ 4 years wait time before EOD is normal

Comment

• Is it possible or has anyone recently gotten any Florida post from recent job announcements? Thanks in advance

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Swb is extremely in need of officers and agents now, all kind of emails flying around asking for volunteers to tdy to swb... 900 officers or so... unless you are a VRA, i dont think they would offer any FL locations now.

• So I want to preface this by saying I am NOT doing any illegal drugs or taking any prescriptions that were not declared during my medical.

im awaiting my background check to clear, already spoke with my BI and they’re done with their calls. I have to get some dental work done. I’ll admit I’m a baby when it comes to dental work and found a dentist who prescribed a single only for this appointment diazepam (Valium) pill before I get the work done to make it easier. Now I have my drug test as next step and know they can call me whenever. I’m curious if other people who have finished their drug test can say if you’re given a chance to disclose any medications you may have taken before you provide a sample, or should I send an email to medical explaining I’m receiving a single dose (not a new regularly taken prescription) of a controlled substance? Or should I not even take the chance and just power through the appointment and not take it. I’m so close and I don’t want a stupid thing to ruin this. Hoping to get some guidance.

Comment

• natural
            natural commented
            Editing a comment
            If your laboratory test is positive, the Agency Medical Review Officer (MRO) will contact you prior to making any final decision to determine if there are any circumstances involving legitimate contact with illegal drugs or authorized use of prescription drugs. Legitimate contact with illegal or illicit drugs, as verified by the MRO will be reported to CBP as a negative result.

Outside applicants who have a confirmed positive test (after review by the CBP MRO) will lose consideration for the position to which they applied and will be debarred from applying for another position in the Department of Homeland Security for one year.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Add me to the "continue on as usual and if the drug test pops as a positive, then provide them the details" club.

• OutofRoll
            OutofRoll commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by OutofRoll; 05-02-2021, 05:09 PM.

• I am coming from BOP (no prior federal or military) wanting to go to CBPO. Should I apply for a 5 or 7 or 9? Would it be easier to get into BPA? I really want CBPO but the usajobs description makes me think my BOP time won't transfer well just from translating my application experience.

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd say that typically it's somewhat easier to go the BP route...usually.

In today's world of COVID and with both air and land traffic slowed to a crawl...OFO as a whole really isn't pressured into a need for much hiring.

• JordanB
            JordanB commented
            Editing a comment
            You’ll be fine
            At a 9
            You only need a year at a 7 to be eligible for a 9
            Just make sure it’s not a veterans recruitment announcement

• Racecar_Johnny
            Racecar_Johnny commented
            Editing a comment
            JordanB you’re saying I need a year as a 7 in bop or in bpa/cbpo to realistically start as a 9 in bpa/cbpo? I’m a 6 in bop now, but when I get my year in does that mean I can realistically start bpa/cbpo as a 9? Are bop 6/7’s commonly getting 7s or 9s? I want to go where they have crit needs btw.

• JordanB
            JordanB commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes once you have time in grade you’ll get it and bop may be looked down on but it’s still considered law enforcement.
            But you would probably still qualify for the 7 announcements

• Anyone 19-5 out there? I'm still waiting for the poly.

Comment

• UchihaMadara
            UchihaMadara commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello I'm 19-5 like you and I haven't heard anything. Still waiting for the poly...like thats just crazy to me

• StevenMal
            StevenMal commented
            Editing a comment
            19-4 still waiting going on 2 years 3 months

• Has anyone taken a drug test lately? I cleared my background a month ago and haven’t been contacted as of yet...

Comment

• Kodiak22
            Kodiak22 commented
            Editing a comment
            out of curiosity, how long did it take from the time you talked to your BI to getting the check mark? im going on about 2 months now from speaking to my BI and have heard nothing

• (disregard)
          Last edited by Kodiak22; 04-04-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Anybody else who applied in the March announcement still waiting for the results of the entry examination? 2 weeks went by and I’m still waiting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4744 users online. 258 members and 4486 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X