Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have your case manager have their supervisor put a tracer on your application to see what the hold up was?? I had mine do that, but no word back? curious if anyone else had this experience.

Comment

• Gabriellakfeldt
      Gabriellakfeldt commented
      Editing a comment
      rergang3 what announcement are you? I’m from 19-11 so it’s been about a year and a half into the process. I’m so ready for the call

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gabriellakfeldt originally 19-4. Had to med drop to take care of stuff they needed. Reapplied for 20-6 (I think?) and jumped right back in to where I was. Been waiting on poly for about 9 months

• Gabriellakfeldt
      Gabriellakfeldt commented
      Editing a comment
      rergang3 dang! I waited almost exactly a year for the poly, hopefully you get called soon

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      19-4 here. Almost 2 years and 1 month in waiting for polygraph

• Applied back in November while I was in the BPA academy, decided BPA wasn’t for me and resigned from the academy to attend my SI in Boston and PFT in my hometown which were the only two parts of the hiring process I needed to complete due to everything else transferring from my hiring process for BPA. Passed the PFT and when attending the SI was told I wouldn’t need to complete the PSI because I already had a clear background and passed poly.

Fast-forward to last week and I reached out to Minnesota to check the status of my application and make sure my polygraph had been applied to this process from my BPA application. They informed me even though I had a cleared background I investigation and passed polygraph I would need to return to Boston to do the PSI in order to move forward and receive a final offer. I understand that if that’s what they say that’s what I have to do but wondering if anyone can shed any light on the PSI and what to expect as I thought it was just the precursor to see if you would be moved forward to the background and poly.

Thanks for your time guys, good luck to everyone in the process.

Comment

• JordanB
      JordanB commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s going to be such a waste of time lol
      I submitted a poly waiver as I had already passed a DHS poly while processing for another job.

I receive an email that I have to go do a pre security interview and it may take 2/4 hours and I have to be in business attire and blah blah.

I arrive 20 minutes early and didn’t know what to expect
      I wrote here and on Delphi if anyone had to do one or is this new? Even people I knew who are waiting for start dates said they didn’t have to do that step.

Now I’m confused. The investigator or officer comes out and I’m thinking it’s going to be a lengthy process so I asked to go to the bathroom. He said ok I’ll be here you should be out in a few minutes if you can hold it.

I’m like a few minutes? He said yes we go into the office. He pulls out the computer almost looking like a polygraph setup. Then he asked me ten yes or no questions printed it out and told me to initial so he could send it off to OPR to complete my security packet.

I was there a total of seven minutes. LoL

I was like y’all could’ve asked me this over the dang phone lol

• DRohn167
      DRohn167 commented
      Editing a comment
      That was exactly what I expected this will be... it’s funny because when I did my SI the two interviewers were very nice and it only took about 15 minutes and afterwards they were like I’m surprised they don’t have you doing the the PSI, and I joked that oh I’m sure they forgot and I’ll be back.... sure enough. But they said I shouldn’t need one with the poly and background being good to go. Well I guess I’ll plan on heading back up whenever they can schedule me again lol. Thanks for the input man I really appreciate it.

• JordanB
      JordanB commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re welcome
      It was quite funny
      The guy and I laughed because he was like did I do an SI and I was like not for this application and he was like hmm i wonder why they’re making you do this portion. LoL

• Why are y’all complaining? Do you want the job or no? Sit back do what you’re told and be hopeful you get the job. If you are here complaining I’m pretty sure you won’t last with this agency. Do the real applicants a favor and Retract your application.

Comment

• Looking for some information during the process. I applied for cbp (direct hire). Passed the exam and just submitted my new hire questionnaire and declaration of employment. What are the next steps?

Comment

• ofcmom
      ofcmom commented
      Editing a comment
      More than likely the next step is you'll get emailed instructions how to submit your Equip. Print out the papers and keep meticulous notes w/names & dates before uploading. (Makes it easier if you ever have to do it again. This is the start of info for your background investigation.

Next, and not in any specific order, will be: Medical Exam, PT Test, and SI.
      (Prepare for the PT. The step test is difficult if you haven't practiced. Download a metronome and use it for cadence for your up/up/down/down rhythm.) Add boards to a step if you can, to get to the required 12".

Download the cell app also so you can track your progress.
      You'll know if you passed the PT immediately.
      The medical usually just shows up with a green check on the app--unless they want more info. In that case you'll either get a phone call or email with instructions.
      The SI usually takes 2-6 days to get the email of pass/fail.

After that is the l-o-n-g wait for the Poly.
      Then the drug test.
      Then the w-a-i-t for the call!

Use your waiting time to go back--all the way back--on this blog & read everything. It's got a wealth of information. Also, scour the web. Do some research on swb cities & CBP stations. Look at maps, rank your choices. Study the CBP web pages. Tons of info there. Keep a notebook & take notes. Never know when they'll come in handy... or you'll be able to help someone else.

Best of luck to you.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of changes have happened since this thread was created in 2006. Scour wisely.

• Has anyone heard anything about final offer calls? I’ve been waiting since 12/18/2020.

Comment

• Amdre2117
      Amdre2117 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello I’ve also been waiting since 12/18/20 for final offer. I’m guessing 2 more months to get a call, hopefully sooner.

• Colt1989
      Colt1989 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got mine 11-04-2020

• B0bby3m
      B0bby3m commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been cleared since 10/25/2020 I’m waiting too. 19-8

• Any one in class 560? Is the academy still scheduled to start on 4/12?

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      PM sent! 560 has different date now

• QueenBlue07
      QueenBlue07 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m class 560 !!! I haven’t received a call for new date but I’ve heard

• Hey ya'll I emailed a recruiter in OFO in Chicago since I am in the upper mid-west to inquire about polygraph scheduling and he told me that he does not foresee my polygraph appointment scheduled before mid 2021. I am in announcements 20-5, I have been exactly one year in the process. Anyone has gotten their polygraph scheduled recently?

Comment

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      GilE1788 all going to depend on each applicants area. Also the polygraph is prioritized in the following order: Border Patrol applicants, Air/Marine applicants and lastly, CBP Officer applicants. There's really no telling unfortunately. Covid really screwed things

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      Two years and 2 months in the process and boy it’s a long one. 19-4 announcement and been waiting for poly. Unfortunately BP and AMO are poly priority

• Any had their polygraph in California for the past 30 days? Especially in Los Angeles areas?

Comment

• I had mine on feb 6th

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderlust_ View Post
        Any one in class 560? Is the academy still scheduled to start on 4/12?
        No

Comment

• Anyone class 575 academy July 13th? Any news of the academy is still going for that date?

Comment

• StevenMal Hey brother~ May I ask what state are you in? I believe it depends on area for people who wait for polygraph so long

Comment

• If I am a BOP 7-2 by the time I enter BPA as a 5, do I get a salary match via increased steps? How does salary transfer/match work between agencies?

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Likely they'll step you out up to a 05 step 10. Pay matching beyond that was killed off by Obama.

• Also when do CBPA applications open up? Heard a rumor they are only available one day every two months then swiftly close and you can’t see them anymore.

Comment

• Racecar_Johnny
              Racecar_Johnny commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, so the rumors are pretty much true then! At that rate, seems way more realistic to go with BPA.

• Racecar_Johnny
              Racecar_Johnny commented
              Editing a comment
              Happen to know if BOP counts for previous law enforcement experience towards applying as BPA grade 7?

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m not sure and I wouldn’t want to give you a wrong answer, you can contact CBP applicant contact center they might be able to help out with that. Here the link; https://www.cbp.gov/careers/hc-contact-table
              Last edited by Bidstar; 02-27-2021, 09:30 PM.

• Dgabriel627
              Dgabriel627 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had 2 years of state corrections and 1 year of BOP and I was able to qualify for both BPA and CBP GS-9. I am currently EODing as GS 9 in April. Depending on your amount of experience you could qualify as a GS 9.

• Good morning. Just a reminder if you or someone you know is interested in pursuing a career as a US Customs and Border Protection Officer a vacancy announcement should be posted on March 1, 2021 midnight Eastern Time. So if you are residing in a different time zone, be cognizant that you can already start applying before midnight (For example if you are residing in a Pacific Time zone, applications will begin be accepted at 9:00 PM). Understand that only a limited amount of applications will be accepted for the announcement. I do not know the exact amount however the posting will specifically state the exact number. Once the limit had been reached the announcement will close. In the last couple of vacancy announcements the limit of applications accepted had been reached in a few hours. So it would be important to apply early. Here are a few tips to help expedite the process of applying.
            1. Download the CBP JOBS mobile application from your app store. When you open the application, upon selecting the link “Apply Now” you will be taken to a page where you will see an icon representing the vacancy announcement under Customs and Border Protection Officer. You will automatically be taken to the current announcement on USA Jobs. This will eliminate the need for you to be searching for the specific announcement on the USA Jobs website.
            2. If you have not started to create a resume on USA Jobs, I would start working on one right now. Don't wait until the announcement opens to begin working on your resume. The announcement may close early before you had completed your resume. The CBP JOBS mobile application has a “resume guide builder” specific for the US Customs and Border Protection Officer Position. I highly encourage you you to utilize the guide. Please remember that if a specific number of years of work experience is required to qualify then your resume must correctly reflect those number of years. Be very meticulous with putting the correct dates.
            3. During the application process you will be required to answer some basic eligibility questions. Please read the questions carefully. If you accidentally choose the wrong answer you will be automatically be deemed to be not qualified for the position. For example, you must be a US Citizen for this position.
            4. Additional documents will have to be uploaded(College Transcripts, DD 214, SF50, Statement of Service ) depending on your specific qualifications for example if you are a military veteran, active duty serviceman, or college student graduate or a prior or current federal employee. Please have those documents available. You can already upload those documents to your profile on USA Jobs to make it easier when you are ready to apply.

In addition please consider applying to the Border Patrol Vacancy Announcement. The Border Patrol has had a constant open vacancy announcement. Understand that you can also use the mobile application to apply to be become a Border Patrol Agent. Applying for both positions gives you more possibilities for careers that are available to you. Some of the steps in the hiring process will be the same for both positions however certain steps must be done separately. Please consider applying for both positions.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Great post, I’m retaking the exam in the next announcement, I took the entry exam and failed because of the math, but this time around I prepared myself I feel confident I’ll get it done this time around.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3957 users online. 248 members and 3709 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X