Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone has an update for posting 20-9 or 20-10 (Direct Hire)? I was selected for both in July 2020. I’m currently waiting for my Poly date. I’m sure it moves at a different pace for everyone. Wanted to check-in to see where others are at. Thanks!

Comment

• Mike2686
      Mike2686 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 that’s great. How long of a wait was the poly? In April will be 2 years I been waiting.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I waited 2 years to be scheduled now it’s just a waiting for final results so fingers crossed I will take with a grain of salt either way.

• Mike2686
      Mike2686 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 that’s great. So we are in the same boat. I figure around this time they do a lot of the legwork.
      Hopefully your results one back great. Maybe this will be our year.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike2686 just waiting to receive my results for the polygraph hopefully it will be in the right direction but I know it’s out my hands now and I got the major weight off my back for the anticipation of completing the exam. Yes it’s frustrating because it’s taking longer than I expected to receive my NOR but it is what it is.

• fonzi7979 ... Thanks for the update! I’ll keep patient for the time being. I’m wondering if I should start a Local Law Enforcement process? Is anyone in more than one process in addition to CBP?

Comment

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      odsoli20 Yes, if youre not in a law enforcement agency now and this is something you really want to do, its always best to keep your options as wide as possible.

• Anyone know from recent hiring. What places are currently available to take? For positions? I don’t see any new job openings on usa jobs. So I wonder where are they assigning new officers.

Comment

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      There aren't any new job announcements because of the delayed in training because of COVID. There was at least 1,400 new trainees waiting to come to FLETC for training. I don't know when there will be another job announcement posted at this point.

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are always monthly announcements. At the beginning of each month, the 1st at 12:01am EST they post the announcements. Just have your resume ready at usajobs.gov and the announcements are also post at this address: https://www.cbp.gov/careers/apply-now

• Hey guys!!

Anyone know of a good book/ resource to start learning the classifications and immigration laws ?

Comment

• Ramos11
      Ramos11 commented
      Editing a comment
      I found a conversation on this forum of someone being suggested at their port the immigration law pocket field guide, and to study the classifications of immigrants

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Learn the 23 or so non-immigrant visas and immigrant visas which can be found on the Department of State website at: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ategories.html. This will start getting you ahead of your fellow classmates when you are tested visas during written exams and hands on hands on training exercises.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Something practical....learn the lay of the land around your port...especially if you're at a land border.

Figure out the attractions, employers, draws and the others that compromise the majority of legitimate traffic through your port. Learn surrounding towns and cities. Learn local highways. Study area maps. Learn the local weather patterns. Know what the local flora and fauna consists of...and otherwise learn what's "normal" for your port...because once you can see the usual...the unusual stands out...and it's in the unusual where the "best finds" typically occur.

• Well, I'm 19-5 and on February 26, 2021 I'm going to be waiting for a whole 3 years for a poly. At this point in time, do we have any 19-5 in here waiting as well? 19-5 anyone?

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      19-3 here still waiting for poly in los angeles

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 19-2 applied 1/19/19 so two years in. Hopefully get the call soon

• NachoLaw
      NachoLaw commented
      Editing a comment
      18-10 here. Applied in July 2018....poly scheduled August 2019-passed, Background passed December 2020...88% on the application tracker...waiting on EOD.....it is a long process....be patient they will get to you

• JL05
      JL05 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 19-5. I applied back in March 2019...still waiting for a polygraph.

• For all of those waiting to come to FLETC, my class was told today, that CBP has cancelled 3rd and 4th quarter classes. Keep in mind this can change down the road, but it will give you time to study VISA classifications and work on the fitness test prior to coming here. I wanted to give those a heads up, but if your port has not told you, your class is cancelled, then don't worry. Plan on to be here, but keep in the back of your mind, the COVID has and will continue to change the training dates for those coming to FLETC. My advice is to be prepared to attend FLETC because you never know when your port is going to tell you, get ready to leave for FLETC on such and such date, which could be 2-3 days later. Please feel free to reach out if there are any questions.

Comment

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is this year because fiscal year starts Oct. 01. There is word that future CBP trainees are being sent to SC or to Harper's Ferry, but no date was given. Just be prepared, because COVID has been changing a lot of training.

• Mike2686
      Mike2686 commented
      Editing a comment
      Let us know about anything else you hear. Interesting if they change the locations. Makes sense to just do it somewhere else. Hoping that’s true. Would make the process a bit quicker. But who knows.

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      SpinyNorman83 where do you get your (mis)information? What class number are you? When did you or will you EOD?

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      m4rk567 I am here at FLETC and graduating tomorrow. The information is being passed from the supervisors to the trainees, including my class. There is no misinformation and warning those be prepared to be sent in any direction at this point.

• Originally posted by StevenMal View Post
    I’m 19-2 applied 1/19/19 so two years in. Hopefully get the call soon
    I applied for both 19-10 and 19-12 in around 06/19 and still have Poly and Drug pending. How are you doing with your overall process?

Comment

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      It’a been slow as can be. Even before covid it took my medical awhile to clear because they requested more info. But now I’m just waiting to be scheduled for polygraph. Just been in application process two years and some change I hope I hear something in the coming months. The location I chose for polygraph covid has been decreasing so hopefully that will let them schedule more appointments.

• Hey ya'll I have applied for CBP and TSA beginning last year and I just got my EOD date for TSA on 02/01 and excited for it but I still want to go for customs and borders position whenever I get it, so am wondering anyone in general announcements and direct hire, announcements 20-1 to 20-11 have gotten the call for polygraph? Or where are you guys standing in the process during this pandemic. Am hoping I get to hear something sometimes later this year.

Comment

• Klumper23
      Klumper23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get on at MSP with TSA?

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      From what CBP told me is that the people who have been waiting longest are priority to be scheduled

• Originally posted by Klumper23 View Post
    Did you get on at MSP with TSA?
    Yes at MSP with TSA

Comment

• Originally posted by StevenMal View Post
      From what CBP told me is that the people who have been waiting longest are priority to be scheduled
      Oh ok I see what you saying.

Comment

• Question, I'm flying from Flordia to Chicago for my POE should I buy a one way ticket? Will I be flying to FLETC from my POE or current address?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Might be worth firing off an email or a phone call to your contact at Chicago and asking what, if any, plans they're doing with new hires, safety leave and host ports.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          call your point of contact in Chicago, his her info should be on your final offer letter, ask them what they are doing with new hires? Every port is doing different for their trainees, ask if you can EOD and stay at a POE closer to home...with what have been going since last year, your preAcademy and FLETC WILL be extended and delayed a very long time... if Chicago is not allowed trainees to EOD at host port, you will be staying in Chicago for months...in that case, you may need a longer term place to stay, an apt?... Dgabriel627

• Dgabriel627
          Dgabriel627 commented
          Editing a comment
          I should've done that first because he answered all my questions lol. For anyone going to the ORD POE, as of yesterday I was informed the port is still deciding on whether or not to send new hires to FLETC. Of course this could change at anytime. However, he said EOD dates will remain unaffected which is good. I bought a two way ticket just in case.

• Hi guys first time posting in this forum I went through the process about a year ago and got DQ, I'm still with my agency so I can't complain but i just wanted to give you guys advice

Don't take the poly if you aren't happy where you are right now, I failed my poly, first one i was accused of hiding "foreign contacts" when i never left the country, second poly I was pressed by my examiner i was accused of covering up a crime, I took the DQ and i didn't care since i still got my position at my agency and i know the CBP poly wont affect you.

Decided to enlist and DOD is giving me crap about the "foreign contacts" from my poly and my clearance has been delayed because of it.
        I'm not bashing CBP or the Poly just letting everyone else out here to know that It may affect you if the examiner accuses you of something you never committed

Comment

• Hey guys, im in CBPOBT 564. Is anyones date been pushed back to 4/19 or is it later than that?

Comment

• Dgabriel627
            Dgabriel627 commented
            Editing a comment
            My EOD is 4/19, but I wasn't part of the group that was delayed I received my call back in October. So far, my EOD hasn't been changed and I'll still be in class 564, but you know things change daily.
            Last edited by Dgabriel627; 01-28-2021, 08:41 AM.

• I am BOP and would like to transition to CBPO or BPA (it's looking like BPA might be the only reasonable way to begin a career in the agency). Anyone tell me what the timelines are like for applying in the Southwest? Anyone point me to some good information or forums regarding this?

Comment

• Racecar_Johnny
            Racecar_Johnny commented
            Editing a comment
            I just recently spoke to a CBP recruiter and she said that BPA is nearly always hurting bad and CBPOs are always filled up within the first few days of the applications opening.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, like I said, OFO actually hires more people, at least vin the usual non-COVID year.

• Dgabriel627
            Dgabriel627 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was in BOP I applied for the GS-9 CBPO and BPA position my process until I received my EOD for the CBPO took 10 months. I just received an interview for the BPA position at the beginning of the month. Everyone's timeline is different I was very fortunate I was able to knock out all the most time consuming things before COVID shut everything down. The timelines are going to be different for everyone depending on numerous factors. I don't even know how I managed to get through as fast as I did. It really is random.

• Dgabriel627
            Dgabriel627 commented
            Editing a comment
            What I will say and this is just my opinion and I might be totally wrong, but I feel like the jobs for CBPO and BOP will be the closest. Working in a controlled environment, processing the public, conducting searches enforcing policy's and procedures, while I feel like BPA will more closer to a road deputy. I know this doesn't apply to your question but I would say think about which job you're more interested in than the actual timelines.

• Has anyone submitted a polygraph reciprocity request?

If so what were the steps after the request?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3709 users online. 233 members and 3476 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X