Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I encourage others who are going to FLETC soon. That when you report go in business casual or suit and when you report for covid testing report in business casual. You are still reporting during working hours. Report in business casual not exercise pants or skinny jeans.

Comment

• Let's talk ports: any hard to get ports? I heard sea ports are good schedule wise if you are a single parent or like Monday through Friday. Any idea on airports or land ports or does it depend on the location of the port?

Any updated information on ports available for gs9?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Most ports are "hard-to-get"...depending on your definition.

Usually, it does vary wildly by location. Also by what a person defines as priorities, positives and preferences.

• Anyone hearing that they might be ending the "Hosted" program.
      We've been doing this since February of this year and they want to end it now, think it's gonna be hard for folks to find an apartment to rent for 3-5 months until they get sent to the academy... God forbid the new administration comes in and outright shuts everything down until COVID is "Under control" seeing as how the CDC has listed the entirety of the U.S. as a hot zone.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm partially amazed that they went with the "Hosted" solution in the first place.

• Is anyone else having issues with cass? I logged in this Norbert and my application is no longer there but when I logged in last night it was at 63% so I’m really confused and kinda freaking out. Did this happen to anyone else too?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        glitch most likely...happened sometimes...they won't remove your app without letting you know...

• Logged in this morning**

Comment

• UchihaMadara
        UchihaMadara commented
        Editing a comment
        I just logged in. everything looks normal.

• Applied 19-4 Jan 2019 and still waiting on the polygraph - I haven't logged on in a few weeks and it looks like people are getting scheduled. *fingers crossed*
      CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
      EQIP - Completed
      Medical Exam - Completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Fitness Test - Completed
      Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair I am in the same boat as you. Hopefully scheduling for the exam happens soon. Keep us posted.

• StevenMal
        StevenMal commented
        Editing a comment
        19-4 here too! January 2019 as well haha! Same timeline. I hope we get out turn soon for polygraph. I’m West Texas so hopefully soon.

• I just got my drug test scheduled for tomorrow.

Here's my timeline:

CBPO 19-2 Regular Announcement

Applied: 11/2018
      Written Test & NOR: 12/2018
      Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
      SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019
      Polygraph: 07/29/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Resubmit EQIP To OPR after Polygraph: 08/11/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Resubmit Fingerprints: 08/11/2020
      Met with Background Investigator: 08/25/2020
      NOPA: 11/17/2020
      Responded to NOPA 11/17/2020
      Suitability e-mail after NOPA: 12/02/2020
      Background Investigation: 12/04/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Drug Test: 12/09/2020
      Drug Test Pass: 12/17/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Final Offer: Pending
      Last edited by SPX; 12-17-2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• UchihaMadara
        UchihaMadara commented
        Editing a comment
        SPX congratulations ,you got this.would you be so kindly to let us know how it goes. Once again congratulations. It looks like things are moving forward slowly but surely. Any 19-5 here?

• gmen0587
        gmen0587 commented
        Editing a comment
        How did the drug test go?

• SPX
        SPX commented
        Editing a comment
        gmen0587 It went well, I'm currently waiting at 88% for my call and final offer.

• Do all new applicants go to Glynco? If so, why don’t any go to Charleston?

Comment

• Cassie18
        Cassie18 commented
        Editing a comment
        ES90 where does it say that?

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Barring any covid related location changes, CBOBT is only done at Glynco, the same place its been done at since 2005. I'm sure there's some policy document some where that says it, by why does it matter?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Prior to 2005, Glynco was also the location for the previous CBPO academies and the legacy USCS and INS academies at least going back to 2001...

I don't believe that there's any real reason they couldn't hold OFO basic classes in Charleston...unless FLETC objects. But why? Right now, there's zero need for such a costly move.

• PM015
        PM015 commented
        Editing a comment
        Because Charleston does not have all the facilities for training that Glynco has.

• I have noticed a lot of posts on here about "complaining" about EOD have been pushed back because of the COVID situation and the hiring process taking a long time. I applied in April 2017, received my hiring notice December 2019, start date was March 31, 2020, and was supposed to have reported to FLETC April 15, 2020. I did not get to FLETC until Aug 31, 2020 after the training site was shutdown for several months and the CBPO's here were sent to the northern border until FLETC reopened. If you are gainfully employed now, be patient as COVID has thrown a monkey wrench into everything, from classroom setting to hands on training in the mat rooms in the gym. The outside gym is only available to use along with the running tracks and trails around the training site, which makes it harder to workout.

CBP is no different than any other agencies hiring process and it takes time especially now with COVID and the reduction in trainees in future CBP classes. My CBP supervisor told us today that his next class is going from 48 trainees to 24 trainees because of the COVID. Obviously this is going to push EOD dates back farther because of the reduction in trainees per class. If you want to get ahead, make sure you can pass the fitness test the first time they give it to you, a week after you start training. There have been 5-6 trainees per CBP class who fail to graduate because of not passing the final fitness test and also use the time to your advantage by learning about customs and immigration. Please don't believe what you see on the show on the National Geographic channel (border wars?), that's what its like to be a CBPO. It is all the stuff they don't show you, and it reminds me of a recruiting video that makes the job sound more exciting than what you will be really doing.

The instructors are going to throw a lot of information at you when you arrive and have to pass written tests and practical exercises throughout until a couple of days before graduation. Please feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions I can answer for you while I will be here until the end of January. If a government shutdown occurs on Friday and training is stopped, our graduation date is going to be again pushed back. No one wants to be here more than they have to because of being restricted to the training site. Take the time now to prepare then to be struggling while you are here to achieve the ultimate goal of receiving your credentials and become a CBPO.

Comment

• Meowman
        Meowman commented
        Editing a comment
        Good advice. Thanks for posting.

• Anyone else apply for Customs Entry Officer for CBP while waiting for this?

Comment

• Wanderlust_
        Wanderlust_ commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied but I haven't heard back yet.I was at 100% with the cbpo process but dropped back to 88% when they pushed my start date back.

• Originally posted by SpinyNorman83 View Post
      I have noticed a lot of posts on here about "complaining" about EOD have been pushed back because of the COVID situation and the hiring process taking a long time. I applied in April 2017, received my hiring notice December 2019, start date was March 31, 2020, and was supposed to have reported to FLETC April 15, 2020. I did not get to FLETC until Aug 31, 2020 after the training site was shutdown for several months and the CBPO's here were sent to the northern border until FLETC reopened. If you are gainfully employed now, be patient as COVID has thrown a monkey wrench into everything, from classroom setting to hands on training in the mat rooms in the gym. The outside gym is only available to use along with the running tracks and trails around the training site, which makes it harder to workout.

CBP is no different than any other agencies hiring process and it takes time especially now with COVID and the reduction in trainees in future CBP classes. My CBP supervisor told us today that his next class is going from 48 trainees to 24 trainees because of the COVID. Obviously this is going to push EOD dates back farther because of the reduction in trainees per class. If you want to get ahead, make sure you can pass the fitness test the first time they give it to you, a week after you start training. There have been 5-6 trainees per CBP class who fail to graduate because of not passing the final fitness test and also use the time to your advantage by learning about customs and immigration. Please don't believe what you see on the show on the National Geographic channel (border wars?), that's what its like to be a CBPO. It is all the stuff they don't show you, and it reminds me of a recruiting video that makes the job sound more exciting than what you will be really doing.

The instructors are going to throw a lot of information at you when you arrive and have to pass written tests and practical exercises throughout until a couple of days before graduation. Please feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions I can answer for you while I will be here until the end of January. If a government shutdown occurs on Friday and training is stopped, our graduation date is going to be again pushed back. No one wants to be here more than they have to because of being restricted to the training site. Take the time now to prepare then to be struggling while you are here to achieve the ultimate goal of receiving your credentials and become a CBPO.
      Thank you for posting. I only posted about my EOD call experience as a public announcement in a way, so if other applicants get the call, then get a call later about cancellation, not to stress it since its happening to many of us (I’m guessing).

I appreciate all your advice. Do you mind posting the PFT that some candidates fail? Also, what content can we review prior to EOD?

Comment

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Meowman, you are going to have lots of hands on practical exercises here that range from interviewing "travelers" to learning the basic techniques of handcuffing. Today, my class went through a practical exercise on processing individuals at the airport, pedestrian, and vehicle lanes, with each having a certain amount of time to process a certain amount of passengers. As you are asking the questions on the declaration (6059B, which I would get familiar with), you learn that you are interviewing individuals to ensure the story they are telling you makes sense. You will start to learn that about halfway through the academy and there are several practice labs you will go through to become more comfortable. Please feel free to ask more questions.

As far as the Apple, it is a normal Ipad and I would assume it would be, but since I don't own an Ipad, I can't answer that for sure. I would bring it with you in case you are able to use it.

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wehob89, Sorry for missing part of your post, I have heard those who have failed the fitness test is the run portion. I recommend to you and anyone else coming to the academy, to have the run time down to 13 min or less because you don't know what the weather is going to be or if you have a bad day physically. I rather be over prepared than under. There is no training regiment, each trainee has to keep up with their fitness outside of the classroom. I try to run in the morning before class or training and sometimes at night depending on what the temperature is here. After you take your first fitness test, find someone in your class that either runs slightly faster or around the same time, because that will keep you motivated throughout the boring 1.5 mile run on the track.

• Meowman
        Meowman commented
        Editing a comment
        SpinyNorman83 Ah, I know what you mean by interviewing now. It still amazes me they can teach you everything in such little time. What would you say the hardest thing has been? Has there been anything you struggled passing?

Apple Pencil support just depends on what gen iPad it is. I figure they are older models.

Happy holidays!

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Meowman the hardest part of this training is not coming from a law enforcement background and how much information is thrown your way from classroom to hands on training. At times its overwhelming to absorb and try to remember things you have learned throughout the course. The physical fitness isn't challenging if you have kept up with it. The practical exercises are the worse for me, but the instructors won't fail you if you are trying.

• Hey whats up, I just wanted to wish everyone a happy holidays. Stay positive, stay safe, stay healthy. Hopefully next year will be better
      Last edited by UchihaMadara; 12-19-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Hey happy holidays. I applied on December 18 2019 and am still waiting. Guys it is going take two years for them to process our applications for those who applied for the position at the same time as me.

Comment

• gmen0587
          gmen0587 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied same time as you. I am waiting for background to clear and drug test. Met BI 11/2. So, I'm hoping I clear by Feb or March

• Yshaban
          Yshaban commented
          Editing a comment
          Applied same time, poly next week. fingers crossed! but still nervous from all the nightmares i heard here

• Mike2686
          Mike2686 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied same month and year.
          Still waiting for poly. They told me I’m still pending scheduling.

• Been at 88% completed on the app since 12/17/2020 awaiting for my final offer/the call. Seems like they're giving out BPA final offer calls but are slower to give final offer calls for CBPO due to the rescheduling and academy being behind.

I'll keep you all posted once I get the call with the locations offered.

Comment

• Ramos11
          Ramos11 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been at 88 % since thanksgiving and after making some phone calls before the year ended I was told that I was in the scheduling and training department awaiting a final offer . I was told by scheduling and training that FLETC was paused for reasons they didn’t know but that as soon as FLETC gave scheduling and training the green light they would begin to call applicants for their offers .

• Yes please let us know which locations are offered!! I’m hoping and praying for Jfk but it hasn’t been an option for a while now so I’m hoping it opens up soon

Comment

• stanford.west
          stanford.west commented
          Editing a comment
          I have JFK. And willing to swap. Let me know what they offer

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5506 users online. 302 members and 5204 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X