Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys I don’t know if anyone has had this happen to them but I went to go do my drug test yesterday and this morning I got an email from the cbp hiring center saying that the people who gave me my drug test told cbp that I never showed up for my appointment. I already submitted my drug test so I don’t know what they’re talking about so now I’m super paranoid and wanna reschedule another appointment because I feel like they’re gonna mix up my drug test with someone else’s.

Comment

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      Call the number on the appointment email and tell them that you have the receipt (carbon copy) of the test completion. If you weren't given one then you didn't do it.

• So Ive seen conflicting info and biased responses but i'm thinking of filing a PTSD claim with the VA . Although I have already received an offer, i am a bit pessimistic when it comes to things like this and would hate for a PTSD rating to have me found unsuitable when it comes time for my reinvestigation. Does anyone on here have a VA rating for PTSD and have been found suitable?

Comment

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      kudos to that. I have a friend that is an adjudicator for the department of justice, I am going to ask him if VA disability ratings come up during the Equip investigation.

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      So to answer my own question. I went back on my equip form and it does ask about psychological and emotional health and if you sought treatment or saw a mental health care provider.

• Yshaban
      Yshaban commented
      Editing a comment
      if you read a little lower SpcCain only an order by a military COURT is in the scope of the question.

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bro you are right, only if it was ordered by a court is when you have to disclose it

• Like wise I know plenty of city police officers who have PTSD. The thing with Fed is that they reinvestigate you every 5 years for clearance purposes and I'm just unsure of whether VA disability comes up. I know it does during your initial medical screen but I'm sure about the investigation portion

Comment

• Yshaban
      Yshaban commented
      Editing a comment
      Ive never had to put my VA disability on the sf-86 only during medical, I highly doubt it comes up at all sf86 is for security clearance and wouldn't bother asking that. I also just checked my sf86 archival copy and nothing related to va disability, but you can always wait and claim after your on the job

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      So i checked my old Sf86 form, althought they dont ask about VA disablity they do ask this

Mental health counseling in and of itself is not a reason to revoke or deny eligibility for access to classified information or for a sensitive position, suitability or
      fitness to obtain or retain Federal employment, fitness to obtain or retain contract employment, or eligibility for physical or logical access to federally controlled
      facilities or information systems.

In the last seven (7) years, have you consulted with a health care professional regarding an
      emotional or mental health condition or were you hospitalized for such a condition? Answer 'No' if
      the counseling was for any of the following reasons and was not court-ordered:
      - strictly marital, family, grief not related to violence by you; or
      - strictly related to adjustments from service in a military combat environment
      Please respond to this question with the following additional instruction: Victims of sexual assault
      who have consulted with the health care professional regarding an emotional or mental health
      condition during this period strictly in relation to the sexual assault are instructed to answer No

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      It states answer No if the counseling was not court ordered and strictly related to adjustments from service in a military combat environment so its fine, and that's exactly what you said. thank you so much!!!
      Last edited by SpcCain; 11-27-2020, 10:41 AM.

• Yshaban
      Yshaban commented
      Editing a comment
      Np man happy to help good luck. You got this

• Last week i got a call asking which location i wanted. This week i got a call to disregard due to covid and they will call again when they receive new guidance about FLETC. So I need to forget the offered locations. I was initially going to EOD July, but they said that is not happening.

Comment

• Wehob89
      Wehob89 commented
      Editing a comment
      They offered me the locations posted here by someone last week which included blane, Detroit, Vermont, and another couple of M states north of the border along with SF, Arizona and presidio.

But they said the hold was coming from FLETC since covid cases are on the rise and they’re waiting for new guidance how to proceed. Also said there was a backlog of people delayed due to covid.

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      Saw in other forum of people getting the call today. So make sure...

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      Getting the call for what ? Delayed EOD dates or the offer call?

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are cases of COVID on FLETC and the class ahead of me is now a week behind for graduation. FLETC is trying to reduce the number of COVID cases, but be mindful, if you are in the 10 day restriction (called ROM - Restriction of Movement), please stay away from those of us that have been here for a while. The class ahead of mine caught COVID because of going to parties around the training site and failed to report the symptoms right off. It had spread to 12 other classmates which set the graduation date back for the class. Take this time now to be prepared for the fitness test that you will get the first week you start training.

• Any update Florida_Man ? I literally come on to congratulate you been following you the whole thread

Comment

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      @lx360xl My examiner claims that I was lying on a certain subject and he spoke to other people and they concurred but that it wasn’t up to him. He was going to send it to headquarters and they would have a final say. He made it sound like I failed, but asked me if offered to retest would I be willing to..

• Redwings1993
      Redwings1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man Same thing happened to me and I failed. It happens to many. Still hope you passed.

• Yshaban
      Yshaban commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry to hear that happen I thought after all this time and patience you would have a positive test but seems like it's the same as always. Hoping HQ will see that you were telling the truth and you pass.

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you bro, I appreciate that. I still have a little hope, maybe he was just trying to rattle me to get a response.. Either way, I have accepted the results and moving forward. Best of luck to you sir

• I am not active here often but from what I got back via e-mail from the recruiter regarding polygraph at least in my case is not before mid 2021 or so (applied Feb 2020), this waiting game is gonna take forever makes me want to seek other career field. The struggle is real and I know some of ya'll have been waiting past 18 months for polygraph to get scheduled, when I signed up for it, I read that the entire hiring process length is anywhere between 6-9 months top and here I am standing at 50% on the edge of 9 months. Hopefully next year will be better and that process will get faster to everyone. Good luck to everyone!!

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well...I don't know who said the process would take 6-9 months, top. Optimistically...the process takes 6-9 months...and that was before the scourge of COVID.

• UchihaMadara
      UchihaMadara commented
      Editing a comment
      Applying for other agencies is the right thing to do. This process is long and extremely exhausting.

• Polygraph question, I know the DHS polygraph is good for 2 years before the results expire. My question is does that mean you need to receive a final offer within 2 years or EOD within 2 years. I currently have a valid polygraph from DHS and am in the process with CBP and am wondering since my EOD will surely be after that two year mark. Thank you if anyone knows!

Comment

• I finally got my polygraph scheduled for Thursday! Pass or fail, I'm just glad that it's coming to an end. 19-4, Seattle area.

Comment

• StevenMal
        StevenMal commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! I’m 19-4 as well hopefully many of waiters are next

• I just got my NOR for my poly that I took on 11/20 and it came back as a fail. Poly should not be an automatic disqualification!!

Timeline

Vacancy 19-8 & 19-11

05/2019: Apply, entrance exam, and tentative job offer
      06/2019: Medical Passed
      06/2019: Eqip submitted
      06/2019: Fitness Test Passed
      06/2019-11/2020: WAIT FOR THE POLY CALL
      11/2020: Schedule Poly
      11/20: NOR as FAIL

I guess I’ll try with different agencies over the next two years.
      Last edited by supNova95; 11-30-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Ix360xI
        Ix360xI commented
        Editing a comment
        Did the examiner say you failed on that day? Or inconclusive ?

• supNova95
        supNova95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Redwings1993 Thank you!! and I'm doing an FOIA request just for the hell of it too see what they put, and what information they are willing to give me.

• supNova95
        supNova95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ix360xI The examiner accused me of hiding information in a certain category. A category that I think is absurd to accuse a 23yr old that has a very plain background.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Poly is mandated through law passed by Congress and signed by Obama.

• Anybody hear anything from NY?
      Applied in nov/dec of 2018. And still waiting for that poly. Smh. Been over a year and 7 months since the interview end nothing.
      tried emailing but it says the email address is not monitored. Called my case manager and he left a long winded voicemail.he has yet to get back to me. How ever I did email the guy from the credibility/polygraph division that emailed me in May to see if I was still interested and that the process was slowed.
      hopefully he gets back to me soon.

Comment

• Istanbul52
        Istanbul52 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also applied for NY and took my polygraph about 2 weeks ago so you should be hearing something soon. I think they’re trying to examine as many people as they can just in case we have to go through another lockdown.

• UchihaMadara
        UchihaMadara commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there, I'm from NYC. I'm 19-5, I haven't heard anything yet please keep me posted if you hear anything.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike2686 I am in the same timeline as you. Last I heard from CBP was back in April someone from polygraph division asking if still interested in pursuing a career with Customs and Border Protection. I’m in 19-2 from NY as well. Keep us posted hopefully things will start moving again.

• Mike2686
        Mike2686 commented
        Editing a comment
        Heard this back today after emailing the eqip email address for some info. Hope it’s soon. Get this ball rolling.

“ ​​Thank you for your status inquiry email. You are currently pending scheduling for the polygraph examination. Due to the high volume within the scheduling queue and examiner availability, this process may take some time to complete. You will be contacted by a representative of the Creditability Assessment Division (CAD) to schedule the polygraph examination, once an examiner has become available. Please continue to monitor your phone and email folders for any communication from CBP.”

• I logged in last night on USAJOBS and my CBP application was updated and moved to the top, I got a missed call an hour ago to schedule my poly. 20-4 VRA NYC im sorry for the 19-2 club still waiting

Comment

• Florida_Man
        Florida_Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck bro, I’m rooting for you

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you man i appreciate it

• Dan2302
        Dan2302 commented
        Editing a comment
        What phone number did they call from? I thought they were supposed to send an email first?

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        The polygraph examiner herself called, I did not get an e-mail I won't post the number for obvious reasons but the area code was several states away from NYC where i am

• Was anybody else asked to go in for fingerprinting after the drug test? I already did my fingerprints after I had my structured interview so I was just confused because I didn’t know I had to do it again

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        sometimes they didn't get good prints, or they lost your prints somewhere in process... its ok to do twice. no worries... Istanbul52
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-02-2020, 10:31 AM.

• Don't be alarmed I had to do mine twice
      Last edited by SpcCain; 12-01-2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• It's been a while since I posted and I've been following this thread since December 2018. My background just cleared so all I need left is the drug test.

Here's my timeline:

CBPO 19-2 Regular Announcement

Applied: 11/2018
        Written Test & NOR: 12/2018
        Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
        SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019
        Polygraph: 07/29/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit EQIP To OPR after Polygraph: 08/11/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit Fingerprints: 08/11/2020
        Met with Background Investigator: 08/25/2020
        NOPA: 11/17/2020
        Responded to NOPA 11/17/2020
        Suitability e-mail after NOPA: 12/02/2020
        Background Investigation: 12/04/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Drug Test: Pending
        Final Offer: Pending
        Last edited by SPX; 12-05-2020, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX congrats to getting through the long process and thank you for sharing your timeline. I am also in 19-2 and I am still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam hopefully soon. Keep us posted.

• gmen0587
          gmen0587 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Let us know what ports they offer you

• Just got the call for poly, 19-5. Can't believe it, guess I'll see how it goes.
        Last edited by nonotnow; 12-03-2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• UchihaMadara
          UchihaMadara commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm 19-5 as well, good to hear that its moving forward. Please keep me posted

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats nonotnow that’s good to hear good luck and keep us posted

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys. Fonzi I feel for you, been waiting longer and in the nyc region. I assume they can only do one person a day for one examiner.

• UchihaMadara
          UchihaMadara commented
          Editing a comment
          nonotnow I guess your right about that but hey at least 19-5 its getting some love

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5969 users online. 312 members and 5657 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X