• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally past my polygraph

Comment

• Maddoxthe13th
      Maddoxthe13th commented
      Editing a comment
      supNova95 I got my results from the app the next day when I woke up. Which was a Thursday

• Maddoxthe13th
      Maddoxthe13th commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I am in 19-2. I’ve been waiting sense December 2018

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maddoxthe13th thanks for sharing I am 19-2 as well hopefully I get scheduled soon.

• UchihaMadara
      UchihaMadara commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations on passing the polygraph. I'm 19-5 and still waiting. Hopefully I hear something from them.

• fonzi7979 If you could kindly send me a message. I was trying to message you but you are not setup to receive messages. I can probably assist you.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for that I private messaged you.

• lol i wrote this sleepy.
    Last edited by OutofRoll; 11-21-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Question regarding the uniform, sorry if this question was answered elsewhere in the forum but I've been unable to find it. I wanted to know why some uniforms say POLICE US Customs and Border Protection and some say CBP Federal Officer ?

Comment

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!!!

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 does CBPO get issued outer vest carriers or they are self-purchased?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Issued now. Years back, they were self-purchased.

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        thnxs !!!

• Any 19-5 waiting on a poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by SpcCain View Post
      Question regarding the uniform, sorry if this question was answered elsewhere in the forum but I've been unable to find it. I wanted to know why some uniforms say POLICE US Customs and Border Protection and some say CBP Federal Officer ?
      Personal preference. At my Port you can wear either. I prefer Police since that's pretty universal in most languages. Plus, dumb USC's and Canadians think CBP stands for Canadian Border Patrol...

Comment

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!!!!

• General question here about benefits. Now besides the usual benefits like health coverage, 401k etc, what other benefits do we get? Do we get cool discounts like the military, or are we just treated like regualar civilians???

Comment

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        What about discounts on air travel?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        We are "regular civilians".

Those hired will get the sermon on what "discounts" are OK to accept and which discounts are best avoided, as far as retailers go. As far as OFO goes, expect the minimal accommodations and outfitting from work. Likely, you won't see otherwise.
        Last edited by merlin436; 11-23-2020, 07:57 PM.

• scotty_appleton814
        scotty_appleton814 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I downvote this comment?

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        @scotty_appleton814 whose comment?

• Good morning guys, I heard from training and scheduling, the lady there told me that even though I was giving an offer, headquarters put a stop to the EOD dates, these to the fact that headquarters is rearranging class scheduling at fletc. Furthermore she also told me that the only place able to take applications on the East coast will be Boston Massachusetts. Which I'm not trying to accept. I'll give you guys a heads up of anything I hear. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• DRohn167
        DRohn167 commented
        Editing a comment
        When you say accepting applications do you mean Boston is likely to be offered as a location?

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        To answer your question, CBP has stopped posting announcements and taking new applications because there are currently 1,400 CBP trainees still waiting to be scheduled to come to FLETC. You are going to have to be patient as COVID shut down training here for over a week and a class ahead of mine had 12 positive cases, which pushed their graduation date back three weeks. COVID has thrown a wrench into scheduling with all the agencies making it difficult when new classes will be coming here. There is no concrete solution to fixing the COVID disruption this year.

• Cbpguy2244
        Cbpguy2244 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im actually interested in Boston. When do you think they will have an opening there? Im trying to time my one and only call to change ports when Boston is available.

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        SpinyNorman83 Just reading this now when i got the notification, they just posted announcements again today for GS 5,7,9

Edit: they all closed already i guess everyone applied in a heartbeat lol

• 19-3 CBPO. Finally, after two years of waiting I have received a call to take my polygraph exam. Woooooo

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats and good luck. Recruiter said OPR moved my case to polygraph screening... hopefully i will get call sonn

• Florida_Man
        Florida_Man commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my exam Friday, someone cancelled. I can’t wait to get this over with

• Florida_Man
        Florida_Man commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 V_AntCBP standtheman thanks guys, it’s looking like our announcement is finally getting some attention. Hopefully we all get pass this step and move on to better things.

• Redwings1993
        Redwings1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck, I waited 3 years to take mine. Be truthful, and accept either outcome.

• just so you guys know this is what I'm being told after not receiving my desired position a Vra: Hi, right now I'm being told that HRM is not letting anymore Veterans choose locations covered by the Field Office. I'm sorry I know you don't want to hear that. I still say ask and see but be prepared for another location. We are very over staffed with CBPO right now. Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

• 19-3 here still waiting for that poly, but recently applied for bpa, awaiting the interview. Just wondering if any of you know which steps from Cbp are transferable? Or would I have to resubmit equip, medical, etc.?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Eqip and medical will transfer. BPA fitness slightly different so you gonna have to retake. Just more reps and higher step... Maggie718

• Maggie718
          Maggie718 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP thank you for the reply. Hope this makes the process go faster.

• m4rk567
          m4rk567 commented
          Editing a comment
          Entrance Exam and Physical are not transferable. The rest is transferable.

• Evening everyone.

I've been scrolling through here for a few months now during my Federal job pursuits. I was wondering if anyone knows

1: How long does the adjudication takes after the BI sends their report in?
        2: Anyone know the current fletc dates?
        3: After adjudication, will a final offer of employment be given?
        4: how long before you have to choose your location, after final offer? 24hr? 1 week?

I turn 37 in February and was told CBP put me on their high priority list..

Any answers will help,, thank you

eQip April 15, 2020
        BI started April 17, 2020
        SI June 15, 2020
        medical exam July 17, 2020
        polygraph October 29, 2020
        BI interview November 20, 2020

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Adjudication takes anywhere from 3 months to a year plus depending how complicated your background is (different jobs, live in different states, foreign travels, etc..)..
          You meant EOD or Fletc date? EOD currently is giving out for Jun Jul 2021... Fletc currently is class 540 to 545 (dec - jan) are being prepared to go
          After adjudication, you will take a drug test, get a good result, you should get an offer call right after that.
          You have 24hrs to decide a location, you will have more time if they call you on Fri, my suggestion is start researching on locations, have a list of 10-15 locations, from most fav to least fav when they call so you can negotiate with them.
          Kreale
          Good luck

• I found this in a forum

There is a female CBPO who just quit. She has/had an onlyfans during her employment with CBP.

*Facepalm*

Comment

• Buck_Macdonald
          Buck_Macdonald commented
          Editing a comment
          She'll probably be making more then us in a couple years honestly

• SpcCain
          SpcCain commented
          Editing a comment
          In the long run I think you'll make more money as a CBP Officer . Think about it, in about 5-10 years, shes going to have aged considerably.

• Originally posted by KayCan View Post
        I found this in a forum

There is a female CBPO who just quit. She has/had an onlyfans during her employment with CBP.

*Facepalm*
        you are required to obtain approval for any outside employment or business activity, to ensure such employment or business activity is not prohibited and does not interfere or conflict with performance of your official duties. If she got approval, it doesn't matter if its an onlyfans account.

Please review further details via the following link:https://www.cbp.gov/about/ethics-standards-conduct.

Comment

• Has CBP done anything to improve the polygraph fail rate or is it still at a solid 70%?

Comment

• UD007
          UD007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude stop worrying about the failing rate...You got this!

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I think so. Border Patrol started using a different one recently and I assume CBP is using the same. It’s supposedly similar to other agencies in terms of failure rate (33% or so failure rate).

• Redwings1993
          Redwings1993 commented
          Editing a comment
          No, they still fail many due to the poly and still end up accusing applicants of crimes not committed. The polygraph is flawed but it’ll stay unfortunately. Those who passed it might otherwise say different but it’s easy for those that were lucky to pass. Once again I was upset of my result but a great and REALISTIC advice for any applicant is to foresee and accept either a pass or failure.

• 813Deputy2b
          813Deputy2b commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve taken too many polys. This was the easiest one, so it’s odd to me that 70% of candidates are failing...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5503 users online. 305 members and 5198 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X