Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpcCain
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2020

Question regarding the uniform, sorry if this question was answered elsewhere in the forum but I've been unable to find it. I wanted to know why some uniforms say POLICE US Customs and Border Protection and some say CBP Federal Officer ?

Comment

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!!

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 does CBPO get issued outer vest carriers or they are self-purchased?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Issued now. Years back, they were self-purchased.

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      thnxs !!!
  • UchihaMadara
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2017

Any 19-5 waiting on a poly?

Comment

• ES90
    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by SpcCain
    Question regarding the uniform, sorry if this question was answered elsewhere in the forum but I've been unable to find it. I wanted to know why some uniforms say POLICE US Customs and Border Protection and some say CBP Federal Officer ?
    Personal preference. At my Port you can wear either. I prefer Police since that's pretty universal in most languages. Plus, dumb USC's and Canadians think CBP stands for Canadian Border Patrol...

Comment

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!!!
  • Teyraen92!
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2020

General question here about benefits. Now besides the usual benefits like health coverage, 401k etc, what other benefits do we get? Do we get cool discounts like the military, or are we just treated like regualar civilians???

Comment

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      What about discounts on air travel?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      We are "regular civilians".

Those hired will get the sermon on what "discounts" are OK to accept and which discounts are best avoided, as far as retailers go. As far as OFO goes, expect the minimal accommodations and outfitting from work. Likely, you won't see otherwise.
      Last edited by merlin436; 11-23-2020, 06:57 PM.

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can I downvote this comment?

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      @scotty_appleton814 whose comment?
  • Mcdanh1
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2020

Good morning guys, I heard from training and scheduling, the lady there told me that even though I was giving an offer, headquarters put a stop to the EOD dates, these to the fact that headquarters is rearranging class scheduling at fletc. Furthermore she also told me that the only place able to take applications on the East coast will be Boston Massachusetts. Which I'm not trying to accept. I'll give you guys a heads up of anything I hear. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• DRohn167
      DRohn167 commented
      Editing a comment
      When you say accepting applications do you mean Boston is likely to be offered as a location?

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      To answer your question, CBP has stopped posting announcements and taking new applications because there are currently 1,400 CBP trainees still waiting to be scheduled to come to FLETC. You are going to have to be patient as COVID shut down training here for over a week and a class ahead of mine had 12 positive cases, which pushed their graduation date back three weeks. COVID has thrown a wrench into scheduling with all the agencies making it difficult when new classes will be coming here. There is no concrete solution to fixing the COVID disruption this year.

• Cbpguy2244
      Cbpguy2244 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im actually interested in Boston. When do you think they will have an opening there? Im trying to time my one and only call to change ports when Boston is available.

• Yshaban
      Yshaban commented
      Editing a comment
      SpinyNorman83 Just reading this now when i got the notification, they just posted announcements again today for GS 5,7,9

Edit: they all closed already i guess everyone applied in a heartbeat lol
  • Florida_Man
    Forum Member
    • May 2019

19-3 CBPO. Finally, after two years of waiting I have received a call to take my polygraph exam. Woooooo

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats and good luck. Recruiter said OPR moved my case to polygraph screening... hopefully i will get call sonn

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my exam Friday, someone cancelled. I can’t wait to get this over with

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 V_AntCBP standtheman thanks guys, it’s looking like our announcement is finally getting some attention. Hopefully we all get pass this step and move on to better things.

• Redwings1993
      Redwings1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck, I waited 3 years to take mine. Be truthful, and accept either outcome.
  • Mcdanh1
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2020

just so you guys know this is what I'm being told after not receiving my desired position a Vra: Hi, right now I'm being told that HRM is not letting anymore Veterans choose locations covered by the Field Office. I'm sorry I know you don't want to hear that. I still say ask and see but be prepared for another location. We are very over staffed with CBPO right now. Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

• Maggie718
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2020

19-3 here still waiting for that poly, but recently applied for bpa, awaiting the interview. Just wondering if any of you know which steps from Cbp are transferable? Or would I have to resubmit equip, medical, etc.?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Eqip and medical will transfer. BPA fitness slightly different so you gonna have to retake. Just more reps and higher step... Maggie718

• Maggie718
        Maggie718 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP thank you for the reply. Hope this makes the process go faster.

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        Entrance Exam and Physical are not transferable. The rest is transferable.
    • Kreale
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2020

Evening everyone.

I've been scrolling through here for a few months now during my Federal job pursuits. I was wondering if anyone knows

1: How long does the adjudication takes after the BI sends their report in?
      2: Anyone know the current fletc dates?
      3: After adjudication, will a final offer of employment be given?
      4: how long before you have to choose your location, after final offer? 24hr? 1 week?

I turn 37 in February and was told CBP put me on their high priority list..

Any answers will help,, thank you

eQip April 15, 2020
      BI started April 17, 2020
      SI June 15, 2020
      medical exam July 17, 2020
      polygraph October 29, 2020
      BI interview November 20, 2020

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Adjudication takes anywhere from 3 months to a year plus depending how complicated your background is (different jobs, live in different states, foreign travels, etc..)..
        You meant EOD or Fletc date? EOD currently is giving out for Jun Jul 2021... Fletc currently is class 540 to 545 (dec - jan) are being prepared to go
        After adjudication, you will take a drug test, get a good result, you should get an offer call right after that.
        You have 24hrs to decide a location, you will have more time if they call you on Fri, my suggestion is start researching on locations, have a list of 10-15 locations, from most fav to least fav when they call so you can negotiate with them.
        Kreale
        Good luck
    • KayCan
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2018

I found this in a forum

There is a female CBPO who just quit. She has/had an onlyfans during her employment with CBP.

*Facepalm*

Comment

• Buck_Macdonald
        Buck_Macdonald commented
        Editing a comment
        She'll probably be making more then us in a couple years honestly

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        In the long run I think you'll make more money as a CBP Officer . Think about it, in about 5-10 years, shes going to have aged considerably.
    • m4rk567
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2020

Originally posted by KayCan
      I found this in a forum

There is a female CBPO who just quit. She has/had an onlyfans during her employment with CBP.

*Facepalm*
      you are required to obtain approval for any outside employment or business activity, to ensure such employment or business activity is not prohibited and does not interfere or conflict with performance of your official duties. If she got approval, it doesn't matter if its an onlyfans account.

Please review further details via the following link:https://www.cbp.gov/about/ethics-standards-conduct.

Comment

• Florida_Man
      Forum Member
      • May 2019

Has CBP done anything to improve the polygraph fail rate or is it still at a solid 70%?

Comment

• UD007
        UD007 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude stop worrying about the failing rate...You got this!

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I think so. Border Patrol started using a different one recently and I assume CBP is using the same. It’s supposedly similar to other agencies in terms of failure rate (33% or so failure rate).

• Redwings1993
        Redwings1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, they still fail many due to the poly and still end up accusing applicants of crimes not committed. The polygraph is flawed but it’ll stay unfortunately. Those who passed it might otherwise say different but it’s easy for those that were lucky to pass. Once again I was upset of my result but a great and REALISTIC advice for any applicant is to foresee and accept either a pass or failure.

• 813Deputy2b
        813Deputy2b commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve taken too many polys. This was the easiest one, so it’s odd to me that 70% of candidates are failing...
    • Istanbul52
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2018

Hey guys I don’t know if anyone has had this happen to them but I went to go do my drug test yesterday and this morning I got an email from the cbp hiring center saying that the people who gave me my drug test told cbp that I never showed up for my appointment. I already submitted my drug test so I don’t know what they’re talking about so now I’m super paranoid and wanna reschedule another appointment because I feel like they’re gonna mix up my drug test with someone else’s.

Comment

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        Call the number on the appointment email and tell them that you have the receipt (carbon copy) of the test completion. If you weren't given one then you didn't do it.
    • SpcCain
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2020

So Ive seen conflicting info and biased responses but i'm thinking of filing a PTSD claim with the VA . Although I have already received an offer, i am a bit pessimistic when it comes to things like this and would hate for a PTSD rating to have me found unsuitable when it comes time for my reinvestigation. Does anyone on here have a VA rating for PTSD and have been found suitable?

Comment

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        kudos to that. I have a friend that is an adjudicator for the department of justice, I am going to ask him if VA disability ratings come up during the Equip investigation.

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        So to answer my own question. I went back on my equip form and it does ask about psychological and emotional health and if you sought treatment or saw a mental health care provider.

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        if you read a little lower SpcCain only an order by a military COURT is in the scope of the question.

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks bro you are right, only if it was ordered by a court is when you have to disclose it
    • SpcCain
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2020

Like wise I know plenty of city police officers who have PTSD. The thing with Fed is that they reinvestigate you every 5 years for clearance purposes and I'm just unsure of whether VA disability comes up. I know it does during your initial medical screen but I'm sure about the investigation portion

Comment

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        Ive never had to put my VA disability on the sf-86 only during medical, I highly doubt it comes up at all sf86 is for security clearance and wouldn't bother asking that. I also just checked my sf86 archival copy and nothing related to va disability, but you can always wait and claim after your on the job

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        So i checked my old Sf86 form, althought they dont ask about VA disablity they do ask this

Mental health counseling in and of itself is not a reason to revoke or deny eligibility for access to classified information or for a sensitive position, suitability or
        fitness to obtain or retain Federal employment, fitness to obtain or retain contract employment, or eligibility for physical or logical access to federally controlled
        facilities or information systems.

In the last seven (7) years, have you consulted with a health care professional regarding an
        emotional or mental health condition or were you hospitalized for such a condition? Answer 'No' if
        the counseling was for any of the following reasons and was not court-ordered:
        - strictly marital, family, grief not related to violence by you; or
        - strictly related to adjustments from service in a military combat environment
        Please respond to this question with the following additional instruction: Victims of sexual assault
        who have consulted with the health care professional regarding an emotional or mental health
        condition during this period strictly in relation to the sexual assault are instructed to answer No

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        It states answer No if the counseling was not court ordered and strictly related to adjustments from service in a military combat environment so its fine, and that's exactly what you said. thank you so much!!!
        Last edited by SpcCain; 11-27-2020, 09:41 AM.

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        Np man happy to help good luck. You got this

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21423 users online. 53 members and 21370 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...