Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, you do not have to recertify your E-Quip. I EOD on July 15 and have been working at San Ysidro POE in California assisting Officers with grunt work till our academy date which supposedly is on January 1st, 2021.

Comment

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      What class are you?

• Well, VRA 19-7 in Washington State. Passed poly this month, confirmed my provisional clearance has been granted and am patiently waiting for the call for my EOD and FLETC date.

Comment

• AMMO2071
      AMMO2071 commented
      Editing a comment
      What a ride. It has been a year since I have heard a peep from them, now I could get a call any time. Anyone have insight on Sumas and Lynden Wa ports?

• DeputyShireReef
      DeputyShireReef commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. I'm VRA 19-11 (Aug 2019) hopefully not too far behind you.

• britt93
      britt93 commented
      Editing a comment
      How long after you were notified your provisional was granted, did you get the call for the drug test?

• Anybody can share insights on Detroit land ports?
    Last edited by m4rk567; 10-30-2020, 05:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Hey Guys I just got the call to set up my polygraph appointment!! Finally I’ve been waiting for almost a year but now I’m super nervous. Those of you who already took it what was it like?
      I applied for NYC-jfk

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Istanbul52 congrats to receiving the call for the polygraph exam. Good luck and stay positive you will be fine. I am still waiting to be scheduled for the exam and I applied for JFK as well. What announcement are you in? Keep us posted.

• Phalenxz
        Phalenxz commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on getting the call. This process gets disheartening when you have been waiting for around 1.5 years then you get people getting called in under a year. But I guess at 1.5 years whats another year.

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        Phalenxz I started my process in Dec 2017 and eventually got the call Oct 2020. Sadly takes a lot of patience.
        Last edited by m4rk567; 11-02-2020, 02:14 PM.

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        GL, you'll be alright.

• Thank you!

Comment

• ok so i just passed the poly last week. I just received this in an email

"We are contacting you regarding the required background investigation for the Customs And Border Protection Officer position with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Your tentative selection notification stated that your offer was contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements, including a background investigation, which is a condition of employment. We have been notified by The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) that you are not suitable for the position of Customs And Border Protection Officer. Therefore, your tentative offer of employment is withdrawn because you have been deemed unsuitable for the position pursuant to 5 C.F.R. Part 731. This decision is final."

I was not given any reason or anything that I know would disqualify me... has anybody been in the same position before?? Also, I did not even start the background process as no investigator contacted me as of yet..

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Krisown123 oh ok, i hope its a mistake too. Its a crazy mistake though...disqualified some wrongly...hope everything turns out ok for you. Good luck

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they drop a NOPA on you previously that you failed to respond to or responded poorly?

• Krisown123
          Krisown123 commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 I didn’t get any NOPA’s , I checked mail, emails, phone calls.... in the cbp app it says I am still pending for the background investigation. Hopefully I get some type of way to resolve this issue

• bmak18
          bmak18 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d look up that CFR to see what the possible reasons could be? Just a thought. Good luck man

• I applied the beginning of October 2020. Did everything in the process so far except SI, Poly, and BI. Hopefully they start proceeding with SIs soon. I know they've been on hold because of COVID.

Comment

• After 3 years of waiting, I finally took the poly but received an email that I failed. Examiner told me I was lying on a portion of the test, but I was telling the truth. 8 year veteran with clean record, sad that things like this happen. I was pressured to admitting into something that was not true. I told the examiner that I was being truthful but I guess that did not help.

Anyone have similar experiences? I honestly feel betrayed especially having served my country and my community as an EMT. What can I do right now?

edit: the examiner was very professional and established a good rapport. I want to know why something like a polygraph can ruin these years of hard work to push through the process.
          Last edited by Redwings1993; 11-06-2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            sorry to hear that Redwings1993 Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, that decision is final. just keep your mind clear and come back in 2 years for another round, there are people took multiple times before passing. Don't let this one time discourage you. I know its suck waiting 3 years and failed the stupid poly. Something is definitely wrong with CBP poly. Thats why it has the failing rate higher than FBI or USSS. But its on CBP management, nothing we can do about it. Once again, keep your head up man, you know you were honest and truthful. The issue is the test. Apply for something else and come back in 2 years for CBP if you really want it. GL bro

• Redwings1993
            Redwings1993 commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate the support. The agency needs to fix their hiring process, they are losing so many potential candidates over false readings. I feel as if those who passed were just lucky overall and I’m pretty sure that statement will offend some people. I say this because I have read other agents on the forums saying that those that failed should suck it up and obviously did something wrong. I hope others can see that the polygraph is more of a hindrance than anything. Good luck to all future applicants, it’s been a good 3 year ride with me.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            The polygraph is mandated by Federal law. It's also well supported by those who make decisions based solely on the positives of the polygraph. It's very unlikely to go anywhere soon.

• Anyone currently working at the O'hare airport POE? Could you describe the shifts and environment and give any advice to someone moving out to Chicago for the first time? Thank you very much!

Comment

• All i got to say good luck. EOD July
            Last edited by OutofRoll; 11-07-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• SpcCain
              SpcCain commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. Where are you going to be at ?

• Passed SI 3/12/19 still no Poly - lol
            CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
            EQIP - Completed
            Medical Exam - Completed
            Structured Interview - Completed
            Fitness Test - Completed
            Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• standtheman
              standtheman commented
              Editing a comment
              same boat with you... poly completed OCT 2018 still no poly

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              corsair I am still waiting as well hopefully soon all of us that been waiting well over a year will be scheduled.

• Happy Sunday everyone! Does anyone know if jfk or lga are open for location choices?

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe LaGuardia is a tiny sub-office of JFK. It's unlikely that they'd be hiring off the street in the best of times.

JFK has 1200 plus CBP Officers. Normally, it's an odd occasion to see JFK not hiring. In a COVID world where passenger traffic has taken a huge hit...good luck at any port...especially an airport.

• SpcCain
              SpcCain commented
              Editing a comment
              I was offered JFK so it may be open. I was told some ports either don't want entry level officers or they are full

• Mike_lowrey
              Mike_lowrey commented
              Editing a comment
              SpcCain when were you offered JFK? Im waiting on the call.

• Does anyone know if VRA requests are stll a thing? I emailed the hiring center to see if they could contact me with an eod/port selection and I'm curious if they stopped doing that because of COVID. Long story short I was called for my EOD/Port selection back in February, but due to an upcoming deployment they had to wait until FY21 dates became available. I just contacted them, but who knows how long it will take before they get back to me.

Comment

• DeputyShireReef
              DeputyShireReef commented
              Editing a comment
              Gosh I hope so duty location is the only reason why I am still interested.

VRA 19-11

• NYBseBall89
              NYBseBall89 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope so as well. If they don't offer locations that I'm comfortable with I will deny the offer.

• Hey everyone,

I finally got to take my poly last week and basically I was told that I did not pass. But, today received an call from the examiner that they need to do additional testing. Is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

Comment

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not an uncommon story. They may even tell you that you need to retest and then you end up passing the first one and don’t have to retest...you can never tell.

• m4rk567
              m4rk567 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ideally its best to "pass" on the first try. But this better than to be told you do not qualify. Go again and continue giving your best.

• I just completed today my second polygraph today. She did not give me any results. Any one has taking a second polygraph and passed? asking for myself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3845 users online. 267 members and 3578 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X