• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19-5 here and nothing. Like seriously. Still waiting on the POLY

Comment

• Dlriley87
      Dlriley87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't stress the wait times. I applied in 2018 and just got my offer. It takes time. Use this time to work out and learn Spanish if your going bpa. You got this. Just don't give up.

• Mike2686
      Mike2686 commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel you. I applied nov 2018. And been waiting since April 2019 for my poly. I honestly have a feeling we won’t be getting hired until next fall. But who knows.
      Positive vibes.

• UchihaMadara I am in the same boat I applied back in November 2018 and completed my SI in April 2019 and I am still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. Hopefully before the year has completed we will get scheduled but who knows.

Comment

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied October 2018, and I've been through the entire process, and graduated. I really don't know the order they go. But I did have a prior security clearance and skipped the CBP Polygraph. Be patient, and I wish you all the best.

• This looks like the coolest job ever. Internal hire/senior agent position, but still: https://www.daybook.com/jobs/7yaBnFQZQt7Jdvwit if I got in, that's one office where I'd want to go.

Comment

• 19-11 here just got a poly date here in California!!!

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        May i ask what city they schedule you ?

• DeputyShireReef
        DeputyShireReef commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! I'm 19-11 as well, VRA. Patiently waiting in NC.

• DeputyShireReef
        DeputyShireReef commented
        Editing a comment
        Disregard.
        Last edited by DeputyShireReef; 10-23-2020, 05:00 PM. Reason: Duplicate post. Accidental

• JCTrey0
        JCTrey0 commented
        Editing a comment
        They scheduled me in San Jose

• How long does it take to get an answer from medical review?

Comment

• SpcCain
        SpcCain commented
        Editing a comment
        Fairly quickly. I emailed them with a concern like mid day on a Friday and got a call that Monday morning

• Phalenxz
        Phalenxz commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine was about 2 days, my friends was 2 weeks and ive seen people on here say theirs took about 2 to 3 months. This was prior to covid though it really depends on the issue. For reference mine was for a hearing loss issue which I did not have and my friends was for a shoulder issue which he did have.

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical took about 2 months for each item they needed to have more information on. It was the longest part of the process for me. Everything else after that happened quickly, so it all depends on if they are looking at prior injuries or anything that was claimed on the medical forms.

• Showtime0811
        Showtime0811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Medical cleared!!!!!!! Finally.... Now at 50%

• Anybody who applied for CBPO receive a final offer and know what ports are available as of late?

Comment

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        At another forum, sombody posted: "Calexio, AZ, Chicago, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, NY: Alexander Bay, Texas [Laredo; Brownsville], Vermont, Wash. St. "

• Got my background interview scheduled for next Thursday, they have already 2 references by the time they called me. The BI informed me the agency is attempting to expedite my case... what happens after the interview? I'm I towards the end of my BI? Thanks!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        after meeting with investigator, he she will visit your employer, talk to your boss, your coworkers, talk to your neighbors, talk to your family etc... then after everything is done. They will wrap up the BI package and submit it to OPR for final adjudication. You will wait for background to clear then take drug test and receive offer call Vulture89 if they grant you provisional clearance, you get to take drug test and offer call before background is full cleared.

• Vulture89
        Vulture89 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP Cool thank you! I've had my provisional since early August but the POE is opting to wait until background is 100% to give me an EOD. Gotta wait a little longer

• 19-7 here took polygraph this past Thursday. Haven’t received a pass email yet but I got the green check mark on the app today.

Comment

• Vulture89
        Vulture89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! Equip recert or drug test should be next.

• britt93
        britt93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Hopefully they don’t take too long.

• Vulture89
        Vulture89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my recert about a week after poly pass and got contacted by BI 2 weeks SF86 submission to OPM

• britt93
        britt93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that’s pretty quick! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully my timeline is similar.

• For everyone waiting on the poly... in the app is your BI in progress with the poly and drug test pending? I thought the last time I checked it was different but I could be wrong. Thanks!

Comment

• GilE1788
        GilE1788 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah mine is the same thing, I have the BI in progress since I passed my SI and waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph, although the drug test has been in progress in the app since I started the application process and now it changed to pending again alongside with polygraph. Hopefully we get to be scheduled soon for the polygraph. This waiting game is taking a long time.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here it went from progress to pending hopefully that means that candidates are in the que to being scheduled shortly for the exam but it has been a long wait.

• Hi everyone

I realize that there is almost always an opening in Chicago. Why is that?

How's life in Chicago?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, for one thing...Chicago is a large port...several hundred Officers plus support and other staffing. Large ports tend to never be fully staffed...for various multiple reasons.

• bmak18
        bmak18 commented
        Editing a comment
        I live about an hour from O’Hare and saw regular hiring. I applied about a year ago now, completed everything by March 2020 just waiting for the poly. It’s just a massive international airport I assume there’s quite a few people working CBP

• Anyone looking to come to Presidio, Texas? Willing to swap for Brownsville, McAllen , Laredo....

Comment

• It has happened, I got the call! E.O.D April 19th 2021 and I got the port of my choice, Chicago, IL. I go to FLETC May 2nd. It was worth the wait.

Comment

• m4rk567
          m4rk567 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!!!

• Dgabriel627
          Dgabriel627 commented
          Editing a comment
          SpcCain, they basically confirmed my information and then told me my dates for EOD, FLETC, and then Graduation. Then they listed the sites available. They also said that during the wait for my EOD I may get emails asking if I can go earlier but those would be going to every one.

• SpcCain
          SpcCain commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks bro!!

• bmak18
          bmak18 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man! I applied for O’Hare a year ago, finished everything by March. Just waiting for the poly. When did you apply and how long was the wait? TIA

• How long has everyones BI taken? Got a call about a month ago from the first investigator and got a call from another investigator a week ago. Wonder how much longer I’m looking at.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          My from investigator made contact till green check on Cass was 4.5 months total. JES2

• Vulture89
          Vulture89 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP do you remember how long after your investigator submitted their report to CBP for adjudication? Mine was submitted to CBP this week.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Vulture89 my took 3.5 months to clear after investigator submitted.

• Questions to those at FLETC or at their duty station. Before you go to your duty for your EOD do they make you recertify your E-Quip? What sort of process did you have to go through?

Comment

• Vulture89
          Vulture89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Negative. Once youve been deemed suitable theres no more SF86/E-quip for 5 years. You're good to go as far as the agency is concerned.
          Last edited by Vulture89; 10-28-2020, 02:11 PM.

• Vulture89
          Vulture89 commented
          Editing a comment
          The agency will send you a final letter of employment with reporting instructions and what to bring

• Dgabriel627
          Dgabriel627 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the information

• For anyone requesting a poly reciprocity, don't count on it. I had it denied twice by CBP and I just passed it this year with an agency for DOJ. Guess I'm waiting on a poly like everyone else since 2019.

Comment

• Phalenxz
          Phalenxz commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I am hoping after the fall things pick up. Been waiting since last year too.

• Kevin1234
          Kevin1234 commented
          Editing a comment
          My reciprocity was approved. I guess it depends in the agency.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3917 users online. 237 members and 3680 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X