Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody share what to expect when I receive the call (job offer)? Length of the call? Location haggle possibility for a nonVA? When do I have to pick the place? etc?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      length of the call-- depend how soon you are accepting a location. Could be under 10 mins because you accept the first location they offer then they just need to go over your EOD details, confirming your contact info or stuff like that. m4rk567 could be 20 30 or longer if they have to go thru all the locations...
      Location offer is solely based on what type of announcement you applied. IF you applied Direct Hire, they will only offer you swb locations- TX, NM, AZ, CA, if you applied General, they will offer you swb, and all others available locations. I see that you are not VA so "good locations" such as Houston, Dallas, CLT, Florida locations, and several more will not be offered. You have 24hrs to pick a location. My suggestion would be depend on your type of announcement, do little research and come up with a list, most fav to least fav, it will be easier when talking to them. GL

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply.

• 19-6 NYC
    10/1 Poly cleared
    10/7 Recertify EQIP
    10/8 Granted provisional
    10/9 EQIP cleared

Completed DT before BI meeting.

Comment

• K-9Unit
      K-9Unit commented
      Editing a comment
      Do they e-mail/call you if a provisional has been granted?

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations Mike I hope to see you at JFK when I get through this process. Keep us posted.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      K-9Unit I spoke with my case manager on 10/8 and she mentioned that I opted for provisional on my application. Once she notified me that I opted for provisional she asked me if I am still willing to accept a provisional & I replied yes. She then stated that my background is worthy enough for a provisional clearance at first glance. As of today, I have taken my drug test before meeting with a background investigator. Therefore, provisional was granted to me. According to the hiring center my BI is already in completion on their end but I haven't seen it update on the app.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 Thank you & best wishes to you as well, it has been a long worthwhile journey thus far. HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY JFK or EWR opens back up for hire when I get the final offer call.

• CBPO and BPA 19-9
    EQIP - Completed
    Fitness Exam - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    SI - Completed
    Poly - Completed
    Background - Completed
    Drug Test - Set for 10/16/2020

So my question is, if the background says completed and under details it states "You were found suitable for employment with CBP" does that mean im pretty much done? Or does it mean my background packet is with OPR? Thanks

Edit : I applied to CBPO back in Nov of 2018. These were from when i applied again for different posts.
    Last edited by Dlriley87; 10-15-2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Background completed mean exactly what it says. Thats done and final. Enjoy waiting on your final offer call.

• SpcCain
      SpcCain commented
      Editing a comment
      looks like you're in the same boat with a few others on here. Literally just waiting on the call. I applied under the VRA back in 2018. I literally watched a co worker fly through the process and get the call in under 5 months. I did read on here that EOD dates have been pushed back to correlate with your academy so you may be waiting for a while. At least the hard part is done! you could get the call tomorrow or it can be in 6 months but just know that it is coming!!!

• Anybody successfully transfer their polygraph from another DHS agency? I feel like Secret Service is moving faster than CBP and I want to get the polygraph over with. (I'm not that interested in USSS anyway)

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably won't happen. Been denied twice for request.

• 19-7 NYC currently 17 months in the process
    Was granted provisional and took drug test before meeting with a background investigator. How long has your drug test taken to clear on the app? Also, I noticed some applicants are getting "the call" months down the line as of late. What ports are currently being offered? I'm trying to land JFK or EWR but I think budget restrictions is not allowing certain field offices to hire right now... hopefully after the election certain field offices start hiring once again. Never thought JFK would be a field office that isn't hiring.

Comment

• Leon0215
      Leon0215 commented
      Editing a comment
      jfk ewr are not being offered as of now, i’ve been cleared for hire, application has been sitting on TSU since early september and i still haven’t gotten the call yet and i also put in for jfk

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully after the election or early 2021, ports will open back up. My BI said JFK is always in need.

• Passed SI 3/11/19 and still waiting for poly
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair hang in there I am in the same boat still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam too. Keep us posted.

• Deleted. Found it.
    Last edited by mayhemcyclesinc; 10-18-2020, 08:01 PM.
    NYPD 2311, #4XX

Comment

• For the folks at fletc already are they allowing you to ship things in or Amazon packages since we won’t be allowed to leave base? And what do you do during the 10 day quarantine??

Comment

• PM015
        PM015 commented
        Editing a comment
        Amazon, yes. I assume from other places and home too.

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Once you arrive here they will give you the address and make sure you put your class/session number on your packages. You can receive Amazon, Walmart, from Fed Ex, UPS, ect if you order something. The post office is small (trailer) so be prepared for it to take a 3-4 days before you receive it and your class will need to designate someone to pickup the mail for your entire class.

During your 10 day quarantine, you don't do much. Take that time to get into shape if you need to, because once classes start your days will be busy. Also, walk around FLETC to figure out where buildings are because it is a walking campus inside a certain radius and you will have training in different locations. Your class instructors will keep you informed of what needs to be during that period of quarantine.

Hope that answers your questions.
        Last edited by SpinyNorman83; 10-20-2020, 09:54 PM.

• I applied in November of 2018 and I’m STILL waiting for a polygraph. **** me!

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Florida_Man join the club hopefully soon they will start scheduling again.

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        on the same boat with you my friend...

• Just got my job offer. Finished background 2 weeks ago. Took my drug test this past Friday and got the final offer call today. EOD Feb 16th 2021.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        guessing you're going BPA?

• ultraman2k51
        ultraman2k51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats did you get an offer for CBPO/BPA?

• Mzshaee
        Mzshaee commented
        Editing a comment
        I too EOD Feb 16th for BPA but I’m still waiting on final offer for Customs. What duty station did you pick for BPA?

• Dlriley87
        Dlriley87 commented
        Editing a comment
        I accepted the offer for eagle Pass TX. I'm going for bpa since they called me first. They did tell me that cbpo will call me at some point once they sort out 2021's academy dates.

• Is there anyone at FLETC now that can tell me what I should pack? do they have microwaves in the rooms? Can I bring a toaster? And are the restrooms shared? Any information will be helpful thanks!

Comment

• Cxp1137
        Cxp1137 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much this was very helpful! I’m driving I will be there next Saturday

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bring white socks to go with your PT uniform, extra combination lock (in case you have a locker near your classroom), because once you come onto FLETC you will be stuck here unless you go to church on Sundays or have to pickup a prescription (takes paperwork and multiple signatures). You must be in class 531 then if you are laving Saturday to come here. If I think of more between now and Saturday I will let you know.

• Cxp1137
        Cxp1137 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay cool thanks so much I’m in class 533 I arrive 10/31

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure you bring two pairs of black boots, and you might want to order leather luster on Amazon (in a green box) so you don't have to polish your boots every day. You won't need a iron or ironing board because the rooms already have them. Additionally trainees here have brought their own bedding and towels because it is a "hotel environment" where they change your bedding once a week and also bring laundry stuff, but you will be issued a laundry bag when you get your uniforms so you don't need to bring a laundry basket with you. That's all up to you whether you want to or not. Make sure you fill your vehicle full of gas before arriving on the training site. Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions before you arrive and I will try to check tomorrow before you leave on Saturday. If you have any coworkers from the same port coming with you, feel free to pass the information on.

• Finally got my Poly scheduled, it'll be in 2 weeks in Florida. Received the notification via email.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats and good luck to you. What announcement are you in?

• Hello Everyone those that are in the final offer stages have any of you all happen (recent 88%) to have gotten a call/ final offer? Any Ideal what the hold up might be? I emailed the hiring center an received an email that due to COVID-19 they are waiting on FLETC academy dates but I've seen class dates schedule deep into next year from others that have already EOD'd. Does anyone have any inside info or what to expect I've been waiting upward to 2 months waiting on an offer?

Comment

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm also still waiting for the call. I believe they are still trying to accommodate those who got the call and needed new dates due to delays caused by covid

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Be prepared for those class dates not to be set in stone until you receive final confirmation from your port supervisor or where you do your pre-academy at. Things are changing all the time on FLETC and don't get too hung up on class dates because with the flu season coming shortly and COVID, things can change quickly. Be patient and you will get the call because COVID has thrown a wrench into the entire process throughout the government.

• Unfortunately, I just received a NOPA letter. They stated that they would prefer the answer to be sent via email.

The NOPA is regarding a situation that happened while I was at a different job last year. Apparently, there was an allegation made against me and then shortly afterwards I resigned from this job. I was not told about the allegation until 4 months after I had resigned, when an investigator called me to try and interview me. When he called he told me of the allegation and asked if I wanted to be interviewed. He said that the interview was not mandatory. So I declined to be interviewed.

Now they are asking me why I resigned, whether the allegations are true, and why I did not want to be interviewed.

My early thoughts for the resignation thoughts are that when I resigned I was not even aware that there was an allegation against me. I was not made aware until 4 months after I had resigned. The allegations are false. Additionally, the investigator told me the interview was not mandatory and there would be no repercussions for not participating. He just stated that if I failed to be interviewed they would complete a thorough investigation which I was fine with.

So those are my early thoughts on a possible response. Again, I was just informed about this NOPA about an hour ago so I have not had sufficient time to process the information.

Comment

• Phalenxz
        Phalenxz commented
        Editing a comment
        Njguy13 First off I hope you get through this, the job seems awesome. I would be careful with your wording, I wouldnt lie though. The wording that does not make much sense is the "He just stated that if I failed to be interviewed they would complete a thorough investigation which I was fine with." Wouldnt they do a full investigation regardless? I mean if the allegations are against you, you would figure your word wouldnt be the defining factor unless you say "yes I did xyz". But if thats what they told you word for word I would stick with that. Also you dont want to have thoughts about what happened just tell them the truth about what happened. My last 2 cents the situation just seems odd that they call you 4 months later when you already resigned. If you are gone from the company why would they waste resources to investigate it still. Again I hope you get past this, these are just questions I could see a normal person asking.

• 19-4 Announcement here. Currently 21 months in the application process and been waiting for Poly since 3/19. Back in July recruiter advised that BP & ERO were Polygraph Priority. Haven’t been able to contact my recruiter since then possibly due to her workload. Got some news from a contact that BP & ERO are still Priority. My polygraph location is El Paso, Tx

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        StevenMal I know the feeling I’m in 19-2 and still waiting as well for the polygraph exam to be scheduled. Looks like it’s a long wait for some of us.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3930 users online. 278 members and 3652 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X