Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How soon did the investigator call after you passed poly?

Comment

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      At times the investigator tells you at the spot ... if not, usually less than a week.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Cassie18 after passing poly, HR will ask you to recertify your Eqip then investigator should make contact within 2 to 4 weeks after that for field portion of background.

• Does any know what a pre-security interview is or heard of it?
    18-2

3/02/20: NOPA
    3/13/20: Response Sent
    4/22/20: Unsuitable
    5/04/20: Reapplied
    10/20/20: Pre-security Interview

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      A phone call to confirm things on your application and Eqip... OKCsparrow
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-08-2020, 09:55 AM.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I asked the same question because i haven't been on several months and got the email yesterday. Seems nobody has an answer and jump down your throat when asking. I've been apart of this site for 3 years abd some people just never change. It is not a structured interview. It tells you in the email that it is not. It says if your scheduled for an si the pre security interview follows after and can take up to 4 hours. Never heard of it so i asked to because it is not on cass.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_ant the pre security interview is a in person interview. I know that much. Mine is scheduled at dfw airport on oct. 16th at 6:00 a.m. it is something new but not sure what.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 they probably changed now because covid calmed down maybe, a couple people i know got pre security interview phone calls in the last 2 months. They told me the person pretty much just went over application and Eqip ... its something new CBP just came up with...Its definitely not a SI nor background investigation meeting
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 10-08-2020, 10:14 PM.

• 6 days untill poly!!!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck, you got this.. Relax yourself, jjsince97 go in there with a mind set of being 100% truthful, you will be fine... lets us know how it goes...

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update and stay positive all will work out. Where you taking poly (what state). I am jealous but glad for you at the same time hoping I will be scheduled soon.

• I got a question, regarding an app. Say if you don’t pass the poly for BP, can you still apply with customs ??

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty sure its a CBP poly. So results (pass or fail) go for both BP and OFO.

• Anyone know what the pre security interview is? Man I've already taken the structured interview and poly. I took my poly back in 2018 and passed. I'm now sitting on this application for well over a year. I hope they are not asking me to take poly again. I just never heard it called pre-security interview.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 damn 6am for an interview? thats some weird time...but if they want you to be there at 0600, be there... just in case....yea I know you passed several steps in your process, maybe some are expiring when you reapplied? Everyone's process is unique so its hard to guess whats going on.... good luck man

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah just seems odd because everything is checked off in green. Hasn't expired. So we will see. Waiting for response.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      So i just got a response. They want me to do the psi and go over questions on my bi. Then they want me to resibmit equip and determine if i need to meet with the bi investigator again or if my old one is sufficient. Nothing like scheduling this last minute.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 man they want to do all that at 0600? Lol anyway, good luck, hopefully your process is moving afterwards...

• Update: just got the call for polygraph exam. 19-8 JFK
    SI was completed in August of 2019
    Last edited by Ix360xI; 10-09-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Mike2686
      Mike2686 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! I’m still waiting on mine for over a year now!

• Ix360xI
      Ix360xI commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I waited a year and 2 months since SI.
      Last edited by Ix360xI; 10-09-2020, 01:42 PM.

• Mike2686
      Mike2686 commented
      Editing a comment
      Been waiting year and 5 months

• fonzi7979 Im taking it in NYC. And yeah idk how they schedule people because I have 2 friends of mine that i work with who applied and took there structured interviews months before me and still havent been scheduled. Not sure what the reasoning is but i take it as a blessing and hopefully i get it and everyone here gets there shot as well.

5 more days till poly!!!

V_AntCBP

Comment

• Applied first week of May 2019, completed SI in June of 2019 and still awaiting polygraph date. 16+ month wait at this point

Comment

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        Completed SI in April 2019, still waiting.

• Mike2686
        Mike2686 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here April 2019

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Applied in Nov 2018 and completed SI in April 2019 still waiting too for the polygraph exam. Hopefully soon.

• VRA 19-11 Awaiting Polygraph

After reading on here about similar wait times and the fact that more recent applicants were complete I emailed the CBPApplicantContactCenter thinking they lost my info or fell through the cracks. Instead of mentioning the polygraph I received an emailed response about the background investigation. Basically, stating due to time passes since last e-QIP be looking for another email requesting to re-certify e-QIP. Its not what I was looking for but hopefully its a good sign. .2

Comment

• So I have the background investigation in CASS in progress, does that mean am getting close to get scheduled for polygraph or having my BI done before the polygraph, does it even matter, do you guys have the same BI in progress while waiting for polygraph. Any info on this is helpful. Thanks.

Comment

• IIRC my BI showed as "in progress" for the duration of my process. From the time I was notified to start EQIP until the day it turned green.

Typically, the BI is multi phased.

Submit SF86.
          Agency will run initial checks. (Credit, criminal data bases, local records etc...).
          Stand by for poly.
          Polygraph
          (determination of provisional status)
          After passing poly your case goes to investigation.
          Adjudication Phase.
          Complete.
          Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 10-10-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• For those at FLETC: during quarantine, what are you doing, what’s your dress code?

Comment

• Polygraph TOMORROW!!!!!!! 9 AM Sharp! Wish me luck and put up a prayer for me !

Comment

• fonzi7979
                fonzi7979 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck stay positive you will be fine.

• britt93
                britt93 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck!!

• V_AntCBP
                V_AntCBP commented
                Editing a comment
                good luck, relax, you will do fine...let me know how it goes... jjsince97

• Do they check your credit 2 times throughout your process?

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
                SAS-CBPO commented
                Editing a comment
                They did for me! once at the beginning and then again during final adjudication

• I like how SFO is a "Mission Critical" location but I've been waiting over a year for my polygraph....

Comment

• merlin436
                merlin436 commented
                Editing a comment
                I wouldn't put much real-world faith in any mumble-jumble like "mission critical" beyond the typical importance such phrasings have with the bean counters and the spin-masters within CBP and DHS.

• fonzi7979
                fonzi7979 commented
                Editing a comment
                merlin436 just curious from your experience is it normal not to be scheduled for the exam already. Is it just randomly you get called. I see many applicants that applied after I did for same location and same general announcement and have been scheduled. I am aware that VRA and direct hire will be scheduled first. Any feedback is always appreciated.

• merlin436
                merlin436 commented
                Editing a comment
                It takes as long as it takes...and in the mixed-up world of COVID...pretty much everything is normal, or abnormal...depending on your viewpoint.

But...in the world prior to COVID, a year long wait wasn't unheard of...the agency has a long history of hurting to fill polygraph examiner positions.

• fonzi7979
                fonzi7979 commented
                Editing a comment
                merlin436 thanks for the insight I guess it’s a matter of time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6225 users online. 351 members and 5874 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X