Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am class 539 scheduled for fletc 12/7/2020

Comment

• Took 19-2, then had to re-submit due to resume issues and was able to at 19-9 for JFK. This was July last year.
      Waiting on Poly still.

Comment

• StevenMal
        StevenMal commented
        Editing a comment
        19-4 Here. Been waiting since 6/2019 the day will come just have to patient even though it’s stressing me haha

• Been lurking the forums for awhile. Today I got news that I passed the polygraph I took this week and took my DT today. When I submitted my equip I chose to be considered for the provisional clearance.
      Should I be expecting an EOD call soon or do I still have to meet with the BI?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        I passed my poly Monday & selected provisional in my app as well, hopefully I can take my DT as soon as possible.

• 19-8 SFO here. Took my polygraph last week but failed one section due to "reacting" a certain way to the questions. Received a call to schedule a retest for later this month. Hopefully it goes smoother the second time.

Comment

• CBPO's: Is it possible to get deployed to another port for months at a time? Are you given housing and a vehicle?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info merlin436

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          You have to understand that there are 328 distinct Ports and 20 different Field Offices and multiple preferred ways to do things. On top of that there are working temporary assignments and training temporary assignments...and the needs and funding for each often differ. Then there are local TDYs and national TDYs and typically national TDYs tend to be better thought out and supported.

Personally, I have done multiple TDYs. Training TDYs tend to be either at one of the FLETCs or in a fairly large city and tend to be better managed. Local working TDYs often are thrown together haphazardly and are less user-friendly. I've stayed in multiple hotels, on an Air Force Station, and in port housing. I had my own rental, share a vehicle with multiple other officers, driven a marked port vehicle hundreds of miles, and taken my own personal vehicle when allowed to do so.

Limiting the discussion to a JFK to SWB TDY, I'd expect that TDY to be well supported, funded and run by consummate professionals well used to organizing and managing a TDY.

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          How often do officers have to return to FLETC for a training TDY? Also, for range days do officers use a local range near their assigned port? I know for NYC DHS agents and officers sometimes visit Rodmans Neck outdoor firing range.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          How often one TDYs really depends on how often one volunteers, what TDYs get offered, and how TDYs are structured within the agency. Some FOs and ports tend to be more supportive of TDYs and others tend to give up people largely when forced from top management. If a person never volunteers, the chances of being forced are pretty rare, especially after the first few years of building up seniority. Those who regularly volunteer sometimes go fairly regularly, especially if they pick up extensive collateral duties and responsibilities. As a rule of thumb, I'd say it's not all that often, even for the guys who want to go...maybe once every couple of years...but it'll really depend. A handful seem to be mostly on the road at their preference. Specific to FLETC, most people never return or return once or twice for short-term training.

I don't know what JFK does for range time. Most ports arrange for time at a local range. Some smaller, rural ports shoot outdoors in the backyard or the neighborhood gravelpit and basically do little more than polk holes in paper. Some larger, urban ports use actual indoor ranges and put on far more complex and extensive firearms and less-lethal training. Given the size of JFK, I imagine that they fall into the later category.

• Still waiting for poly since april 2019.
        this wait is long. Original application is from Nov 2018. Smh

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike2686 thanks for sharing I’m in the same boat. I applied back in November 2018 and completed my SI in April 2019 and still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam.

• Mike_lowrey im in NY. Hoping to be in jfk

Comment

• Mauri Bustillos i been waiting for the poly a little over a year. I took my SI back in june 2019. Applied in april of 2019

Comment

• Mauri Bustillos
            Mauri Bustillos commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh i see thats crazyy that we have to wait so long other agencies like the DEA dont take thT long lol jjsince97

• Class 564 anyone got they dates pushed back yet ?

Comment

• Manonfire6666
            Manonfire6666 commented
            Editing a comment
            You will hear soon. I was class 562 with new dates of 4/19/21 to October 2021 for FLETC and EOD 4/5. Was able to push back and now EOD 10/19/20 and FLETC 3/29/21. Original EOD was 11/13/20 with FLETC 12/1/20 - 4/9/21

• Just re-certified my EQIP. When the background investigator reaches out to you; do they tell you where to meet them? Where is an appropriate place to meet with a background investigator & is a specific dress code required?

Comment

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike_lowrey my investigator called me and she rented out a study room at a library. This was pre COVID back in September 2019. I just wore regular casual clothes. I had a shirt and jeans on.

• lacpddpoi
            lacpddpoi commented
            Editing a comment
            In Los Angeles County my background investigator reached out to me in May 2020 during the coronavirus shutdown and said he could meet with me at work if I was a federal employee or we could set up a meeting at a local police station if they would let us use an interview room. Since I'm local law enforcement my supervisor let us meet in the lobby of where I work. The investigator was fine with that, and I was wearing my work uniform.

• 19-2 applicant still waiting for poly.. I applied in December of 2018!!!!!!!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            i swear They forgot yall. lol.. Florida_Man i saw so many people applied mid 2019 or end of 2019 are already finished....i really don't know how they've been scheduling people...its crazy how 2018 applicants are still waiting for poly.. I really wish yall get scheduled soon man...

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Florida_Man I’m right with you still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. It’s interesting to see if someone applied in 2019 the candidate is moving rather in a normal pace and if you applied at the end of 2018 applicants are just starting to be scheduled at a slower pace.

• Just got word that my provisional clearance got approved. When shoild I expect an EOD call? Are they even having people EOD with provisional right now?

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            I mean maybe. All EODs just got pushed back for people sooooo don't hold your breath but know its always possible. When did you complete your DT?

• Vulture89
            Vulture89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Im going through a reinstatement process so no academy requirement. I took my DT about 3 months ago and got my poly waived last week.

• Manonfire6666
            Manonfire6666 commented
            Editing a comment
            Reinstatement? So you were a CBP Officer and reapplied?

• Vulture89
            Vulture89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Kind of.. you dont really reapply, you have to submit a reinstatement memo to the POE where you want to go. You get placed in a noncompete list.. when your name comes up and if they agree to rehire you they put you in the premployment process.

• Anyone know when the next hiring announcement may be?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
            Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Check on the 1st of the month. It opens for like a day. This month was DH only, 150 applications (only SWB locations) then closed.

• Anyone just waiting for a final offer? I've been in the hiring process since 2018, I successfully passed everything about a week ago. I'm hearing that academy and EOD dates have been pushed back which is a bit disappointing, but if I can wait 2 years, what's another year?. Just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat. I may be getting on with a local department but I really do want CBP however I will take whichever offer comes first.
          Last edited by SpcCain; 10-07-2020, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• What is the contact info to inquire about the polygraph scheduling? Phone or email, I looked in the app in the contact us section I did not see it. If anybody can let me know that will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6257 users online. 344 members and 5913 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X