Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those at FLETC: any new classes after 530? I heard they stopped again, any truth? Thanks

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      All I know is that lots of border patrol guys are having their dates pushed back again it seems. A few who had academy dates said their office told them it's very very likely that their December academy date will be pushed back.

• KayCan
      KayCan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes classes have been posted

• Hey everyone, I’m scheduled to have my pre security interview soon, as I already have done the SI a couple years ago and the results have carried over to this application process and am waiting for my poly to be scheduled, I was wondering if the pre security interview is your meeting with your background investigator or if it’s another formal panel type interview? It says give 3-4 hours for the interview, is this average for most applicants? Any info would be great thanks.

Comment

• Angelcaro
      Angelcaro commented
      Editing a comment
      What state ?

• Angelcaro
      Angelcaro commented
      Editing a comment
      The earlier you get the quicker you leave. I was the last one to get there so I had to wait for everyone to be done to do my interview. They did it in that order

• Apparently the age wavier for cbpo is ending. The next posting October 1st you will need to he hired before turning 37 according to the webinar they had today.

Comment

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got lucky then already at 37 but I EOD 11/13

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting. Sounds to me like they foresee a need to hire fewer people...at least in the short-term.

• At 75% BI cleared after 2 Nopas

Comment

• Cassie18
      Cassie18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Whats nopas?

• Notice of proposed action, item found during the background for which they want to disqualify you for therefore you need to clarify within 15 days, if they like your response process continue if they don't then you are found not suitable for the Job and you are done.

Comment

• Well sure is a process to become a member of this forum. Took a while for my registration to be approved. Anywho, hope everyone is keeping sane as they await what seems to be an overwhelming process of just waiting.

anybody here from VRA 20-8? If so how’s your process going ? I’m waiting to clear medical. The place they sent me to for my medical and fitness test did a crappy job and didn’t explain anything on his behalf with what I had put on the packet. So of course they requested more information on my behalf. AND of course being a veteran more than likely any vet has ratings from the VA so then I had to submit all my medical documents from the VA pertaining to a medical issue. So now I wait to be cleared to continue along the process.

Some would hope to be processed as fast as others however, reading through the forum no matter what listing you apply under every applicants timeframe is completely different even if you apply under VRA or direct hire.

if all goes well, applying under VRA bring a Florida resident, I’ll be aiming for Orlando international. if I can’t get that, looking into Sanford airport, Daytona international or cape canaveral all within an Hour from my house. So fingers crossed.

Comment

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck in the process and hang in there. At the end it will be all worth it

• Any 19-5 applicant that got an email for the POLY yet? Any info would be appreciated it thank you
      Last edited by UchihaMadara; 09-18-2020, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• DeputyShireReef
        DeputyShireReef commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I don't feel so bad. Same boat for VRA 19-11.

• Are you notified by email first, to call to be scheduled? Did your polygraph email go to your junk mail folder?
      CBP 20-01 JFK
      Applied 11/2019
      Medical 12/2019
      SI 12/2019
      PAT 12/2019
      Poly
      BI
      DT
      EOD

Comment

• jjsince97
        jjsince97 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was sent an email. No it did not go to the junk folder.

• For the guys who have been at FLETC for longer then the two week quarantine, how has it been? anything you wish you knew before you got in? Are you having a good time?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Run more then you think you should. Like a lot. Also yes it's very nice

• What did you wear for your poly?
      Casual attire is recommended but I was wondering if a suit would over do it?
      Is dress pants, slip on dress shoes, and a polo shirt acceptable?

Comment

• brandons
        brandons commented
        Editing a comment
        In the email you get they’ll tell you business casual, no jeans or sneakers.
        I wore khaki dickies with dress shoes and a black polo.
        I kept it simple. Try not to wear anything with long sleeves as they’ll have to roll it up for the blood pressure cuff which WILL get annoying after a couple of hours.
        Also they told me to bring snacks as you are not allowed to leave the building once you’re in it. So I brought snack bars and plenty of water.

• m4rk567
        m4rk567 commented
        Editing a comment
        Go comfortably. Short sleeves makes it easier. See it as a lax interview. You dont have to promote yourself or convince anybody of who you are.

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you both.

• Originally posted by UchihaMadara View Post
      Ok that's legit **** up. I'm 19-5 and still waiting for the dam Poly.
      Yes, it's permanent opposites day over at CAD. Where "fantastic" in fact means the bleeping opposite of "fantastic". And everything else is fully backwards also. Oh well.
      Timeline:
      DAL-ERO-10676067-DH-MJ --- Applied 1/15/20 --- Many steps & some COVID delay ---
      EOD end of FY 20

((≡≡))

Comment

• Classes have started back up and posted for those after class 530. Two weeks after the first week of October. Class 538 leaves 11/30. They are sending a class a week.
        Last edited by KayCan; 09-22-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• brandons
          brandons commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you know up to which class number they scheduled?

• SAS-CBPO
          SAS-CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          Up to class 541

• Good luck in recruitment and in filling just about any federal uniformed position(especially any position involving immigration enforcement) if NOPAs become an automatic disqualification.

I'd say the very fact that so many NOPAs are so easily overcome by a simple explanation points to how trivial many NOPAs ultimately are.

Comment

• Due to the number of reported posts and comments this warning is being placed:
          TROLLING, PERSONAL INSULTS, PASSING FALSE INFORMATION, ETC. WILL RESULT IN YOUR BEING BANNED.
          Be sure of the validity of your information before you post it.
          Additionally, if you're pursuing a career in ANY venue of law enforcement and you're so sensitive to words that you can't stand being told you're wrong about something, you may want to consider another career.
          If posts continue to be reported for any of the above issues, this thread will be closed and locked - losing all benefit of conversation past this point.
          sigpic
          The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
          PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

• Has anyone got his polygraph recently scheduled in the upper Mid-West Region. Are polygraph resumed now or still on hold, any info is appreciated.

Comment

• jjsince97
              jjsince97 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have been scheduled for next month but im in NY

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3889 users online. 207 members and 3682 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X