Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just wanted to share and keep ya'll on your toes...So I was 531 but as of yesterday afternoon I am now 529! Just started getting emails out of the blue to register for FLETC and other paper work to fill out . After speaking to my supervisors they confirmed a trainee resigned from my port and i was next in line. So yeah.....be prepared to be changed and leave earlier if you get bumped up due to people dropping out. With everything going on I'm sure there will be others. So keep up the workouts, stay out of trouble, and keep healthy everyone.

Comment

• Cassie18
      Cassie18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaah okay way off from mine lol mine is 20-5

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      This happens and people miss the chance because they don't respond as quickly as they should sometimes. Like me for instance. I could have gone to FLETC November of 2019 but I missed the callback because my email notifications weren't on like they should have been. So I called back too late and someone else took the slot. Pushed me back months in the end lol

• Ed1990
      Ed1990 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. I’m class 539 hopefully soon I’ll get a date to fletc

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      a friend of my class 540 just got a call from his port saying to fill fletc paper and getting ready to assign plane ticket...what is going on? Do you guys think due to operational need at his port, they changed his class to go earlier?

• Nice.. Congrats on a early Academy

Comment

• Hello guys, took my Polygraph exam today after a long 6 month wait. Examiner was pretty straightforward and mentioned my results were inconclusive. I was truthful 100% in all my answers. Has anyone experienced something similar? Examiner giving inconclusive results verbally but happened to recieved different results via email?
      Last edited by JESUS SANCHEZ; 08-20-2020, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I’ve read about the poly from lots of different agencies, including CBP, you really don’t know until you get the email. You may pass or get a retake. Or fail. It’s very subjective.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        @ JESUS SANCHEZ congrats to getting through the polygraph exam I hope it is a pass for you. I have read many threads about your concern. Just stay positive. Your long wait is not so bad some of us including myself have been waiting to be scheduled well over a year now so be glad that you are moving along. Good luck keep us posted.

• BayAreaCBP
        BayAreaCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        when I took mine the examiner said I was withholding something. he asked if I was willing to retake it another time and i said yeah. i havent gotten any email yet of the final result from QC.

• Since academy dates are so far out does anyone have any idea what we’re supposed to do at our duty stations for like 4-5 months without academy training? I’ve heard that they’re sending people back where they came from and doing paid admin leave and other stations are doing one week on one week off. Not sure if anyone’s heard anything different.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ultimately, I doubt there's any real universally accepted plan and that those decisions will fall to each Field Office and individual ports to make. So, expect a hodgepodge different ways of dealing with the extended stays of new hires based on individual port needs, infrastructure and each particular situation and circumstance.

In other words, it'll depend.

Expect some ports who can use the additional staffing for "busy work" to keep new hires on as "go-fors" and expect other ports to send people home on paid administrative leave to various degrees depending on the needs and particulars of those individual ports.

• Originally posted by V_AntCBP View Post
      a friend of my class 540 just got a call from his port saying to fill fletc paper and getting ready to assign plane ticket...what is going on? Do you guys think due to operational need at his port, they changed his class to go earlier?
      I guess so because I’m class 539 and I’m still waiting.

Comment

• Anyone else at 88% waiting for the call? Any recent calls or are they on hold?

Comment

• Lgar
          Lgar commented
          Editing a comment
          I am currently at 88% as of August 11th. Hopefully call comes in soon.

• ar_9019
          ar_9019 commented
          Editing a comment
          19-9 Direct hire. i took my drug test august 18th .. i got called the following day for my DT as soon as my background cleared . iam also waitin for my job offer

• 63% waiting for BG to clear and obviously final call and drug screen. 19-3 VRA
        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
        Oorah!

Comment

• Anybody class # 570 EOD: 12/28 New Orleans ?

Comment

• Jmarti0201
            Jmarti0201 commented
            Editing a comment
            Class 570 EOD: 12/28 Philadelphia Airport

• Buffalo_17
            Buffalo_17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Class 570 - Detroit

• Has anyone that selected JFK location for the polygraph exam been contacted to be scheduled for the exam. Just wondering if the polygraph exam process has reopened in the tristate area. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
            Mike_lowrey commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I heard they reopened in the tri-state area be on a limited schedule.

• Has anybody heard anything about EOD & academy dates for winter 2021?
          Are those classes filling up?
          Does everyone at your EOD port have the same academy date as you?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Been seeing they offering Jan Feb Mar 2021 EODs, and No, not everyone at your port will have same academy date as you, Mike_lowrey only the ones have the same EOD with you should have same academy date with you. For example, JFK airport has hundreds new hires stuck since Mar with different EODs and FLETC dates.

• Hey random question, how hard is it to go get Tucson Airport?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are a VRA, you have a chance KYpoPo if not, chances pretty slim...

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Chances are slim no matter what announcements you apply under. Tucson maybe has 20 CBPOs...and that's likely overestimating the actual number.

• bchalmers
            bchalmers commented
            Editing a comment
            HARD... I live in Scottsdale, AZ and tried to get Phoenix Airport and that was a no go. They basically said there is only like 15-20 CBPO at non-International airports and they are higher pay grades and have been there for a while, not an entry level location. So I picked LA/Long Beach Port instead.

• Still waiting for my poly. Since 4/19 JFK. Was worried about fletc and having to go. (Been there before, and just don’t really wanna go back)
          but now with COVID going on. I just want to do something different. Now I don’t mind going. been wanting to get into law enforcement for a while now. And hopefully this is my/our year fellas. Realistically If thing all go according to plan I see myself going to fletcher prob next spring or summer. The way things are going but who knows.
          congrats to those who made it in so far.
          I did get called in may to se did I was still interested. Obviously still am.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike2686 I’m in the same boat but never been to FLECT. I had TSA and CBP application in process and took my SI at JFK back in April of 2019. I hope we get scheduled soon. What announcement are you in?

• For the folks that are at FLETC, is it still worth driving a car there? On one hand I could use the space to pack more stuff since we can't leave and on the other it would just sit for the 5ish months. Also if I did decide to drive are the parking lots pretty full?

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            don't worry they have plenty of parking at FLETC for each dorm. You'll get parking registration paperwork to take to FLETC with you as well to turn in when you sign in.

• Kevin1234
            Kevin1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            If your in the Taj you'll be glad you brought your own car, I'm here now and I got the Taj. Rooms are huge, but its far away from all the main buildings. I got here last week, hopefully you'll be lucky and get the crack houses. I stayed there before. It's very convenient.

• Klumper23
            Klumper23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the insight. I don't think I will be there till next year I EOD yesterday. My Sup was thinking that I won't go till feb.

• collapse
            collapse commented
            Editing a comment
            Kevin1234, sounds good, until you run out of gas because you can't leave base.

• Does anyone know what a Pre-Security Interview Is? How is it different from the Structured Interview. Thank you!

Comment

• m4rk567
            m4rk567 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe they are the same

• Hello all, I had completed the hiring process around April of 2020 and was just waiting on the call. However, I withdrew my application because I had also completed a local police department hiring process and was expected to be hired. Due to COVID and budget issues the local department is no longer hiring. So my question is, is anyone familiar with the process if I wanted to re-activate my application? Is this something I can do or will I have to completely reapply? Appreciate the help.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Just submit new application, they will open your file back and whatever not expired, they will transfer over and mark it as completed on your new application, you have to redo the rest. I'm not sure when you did all your tasks,If you just finished Apr 2020, You probably have to redo medical, maybe entrance exam, everything else should transfer over. There are expiration dates for all the tasks, BlueBlood516 and just curious, why you want to be a police nowadays, with all the bs happening, budget cut, defunding, and if you live in a wrong state, even worse because state and local gov are not backing yall up? Fed is way better in my opinion,

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3743 users online. 193 members and 3550 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X