Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw a post on FB group 19-7 (JFK) poly was scheduled today.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      @lx360xl thank you for sharing that hopefully all of us before 19-7 for JFK polygraph exam will be getting scheduled soon.

• 12gang12
      12gang12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is 19-4 before or after 19-7

• Ix360xI
      Ix360xI commented
      Editing a comment
      before and I'm also seeing that people is stating that JFK is not available at this time thats a bummer

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      JFK is a huge port. If they are out of play, chances are they won't be out of the game for long.

• Anyone have experience with getting veterans preference? I. Talking specifically about this:

You are a 5 point preference eligible if your active duty service meets any of the following:
    1. For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on August 31, 2010, the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom, OR
    2. During the Gulf War, between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992, OR
    3. For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred after January 31, 1955 and before October 15, 1976, OR
    4. Between April 28, 1952 and July 1, 1955 OR
    5. In a war, campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal or badge has been authorized.

If I enlist for the army for 2 years. Would I be eligible for the veterans preference under point number 5? 180 days active duty in a war, campaign or expedition.

DM me if necessary.

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I've done an extensive amount of research on this subjecting being a veteran myself.

To answer your question... you cannot qualify in parts 1 through 4 obviously. For #5, you will need to earn this at minimum to qualify for 5 points preference. If you do a full 4 years and never earn this medal, you do NOT qualify for any points. Its the GWOT expeditionary medal. See link for requirements.

https://www.google.com/search?client...e-gws-wiz-serp

• Mav222
      Mav222 commented
      Editing a comment
      If it was active duty yes.

But as far as I know all active contracts are 4 and 4 and reserves are 6 and 2

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      if it wasn't obvious in my post, just because you join any branch does not entitle you to the 5 points or that medal. You need to do something to earn it. Usually a deployment of some sorts.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      There are no 2 year active contracts like you said. But NO you're not 5 point vet preference just from serving if you enlist anytime after the dates mentioned above.

• So there is no more available announcements to apply for cbp, currently only border patrol gl7 is open to apply for. Hopefully they start calling for polygraph and background check since they stopped taking applications.

Comment

• edited......
      Last edited by BayAreaCBP; 08-20-2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats to being scheduled good luck. I know the feeling I applied back in November 2018 and still waiting for the polygraph exam.

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        hopefully they will start scheduling in LA as well. (19-3)

• Bay recruit
        Bay recruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck!! You got this!!

• 19-6 Nyc, received poly date.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike_lowrey congrats to receiving poly date. Good luck I hope I get poly date soon I’m in 19-2 NYC.

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate it. good luck, it'll happen. Hopefully academies scheduled for Jan,feb, & march 2021 aren't full

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your welcome did you get a call or an email.

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 you'll get it by email.

• Any 19-11 candidates out there?
      Any Buffalo NY candidates out there?

Comment

• Just a heads up I sent an email to the scheduling team regarding class 560 starting nov 3rd and they advised that class is still on schedule and not planned to change.
        I don't know if they are just saying that and maybe i'll hear something different when I EOD oct 19th.
        But i'll take it for what its worth right now.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          your EOD will stay the same. Fletc will be pushed back due to Corona. brandons they are just saying it. there are about 30 classes before you that haven't been scheduled to go yet. 560 should Expect Feb Mar next year maybe...

• Cassie18
          Cassie18 commented
          Editing a comment
          What announcement are you from?

• Ok, Any 19-5 NYC here? If so did you get a call for the poly. I'm still waiting. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.

Comment

• Players,

Future CBP Officer here. I’m class 561 and scheduled to EOD 11/09/2020 in Blaine, WA. I start FLETC on 11/25/2020 (Although I highly doubt due to Covid). Question to those who work at Blaine, WA. How is the life there? Is it livable with GS9 pay? Any suggestions? How’s work/life balance? Any OT?

I currently live in AZ and I’m a Deputy Sheriff. Moving to a cold climate and having 4 seasons has been my life-long dream. And it looks like it’s coming true. Anyways, to those who are wondering: I was 19-9, applied July, 2019 and received my final selection letter in December of 2019. I’m not VRA. I elected to defer the final offer at the time due to arising Covid concerns.

Thank you for reading and responding in advance.

Comment

• Iamkre8
            Iamkre8 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm looking LEO jobs in AZ which department are you with. I'm up in the air about CBP and I want to keep other options on the table. Is your department hiring right now?

• Hey guys,

Announcement 20-11 here. Just accepted my tentative offer and completed the associated paperwork; just waiting on the next steps. I understand that I have a long ways to go before I'm a CBP officer but I was hoping for some insight on a question I have.

The announcement I applied for was for the SW US border, but from what I understand that does not actually reflect the POEs that will be available when the time actually comes to choose, correct?

If that's the case, does anybody know if they will make any attempt to get me a POE that is local to the house I own? Or does that not matter? I'm hoping for Orlando, FL.

Thanks!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Kbrown6967 well, from my experience, the only way to get MCO (Orlando) is thru a VRA (veteran) announcement or thru NROB (transfer). But you can always ask when they call you for an offer though. You may get lucky, MCO may become available. I lived in Tampa, had a general announcement but couldn't get any ports in FL, had to move 3000 miles away. Smh...
            FYI, If you only have swb announcement, you will only be offered NM, TX, AZ, CA border POEs,
            If you have a general announcement, they will offer you all SWB locations and everything else that currently open, including the ones listed from your announcement.
            If you have a VRA, they will offer you everything mentioned and you can also request port of your choice. They will try their best to get it for you. I've seen 100% VRA get their desired port.
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-20-2020, 10:33 PM.

• Kbrown6967
            Kbrown6967 commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP thanks for that info, that clears a lot up for me. I’m not a veteran so a VRA announcement is out. Forgive me if this is a basic question, but a general announcement is different from a direct hire announcement correct? Direct hire is all that was offered when I applied.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Kbrown6967 yeah, they are 2 different things, supposedly, Direct Hire moves faster but you gotta go to swb. General Annouc. moves slower but you have more choices when it comes to locations. They will offer all kind of northern borders and airports that in need of officers.

• SAS-CBPO
            SAS-CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure if this will help in any way, but I was a Direct Hire. I was offered all available ports when i got the "call" but I am also a VRA so I picked what I wanted. But removing VRA, the port I wanted was offered any way which was my DH choice.

• Just got to the Taj, it's far from civilization !!!

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            The Taj is def nicer then the crackhouses. Signal is a little worse being so far back but being able to go for a nice jog from there to the express and back makes it really nice.

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Having lived in a crackhouse next to the g-bar, a hotel and the Taj, I'll take the Taj any day. Especially with a corner room all to yourself.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            ES90 that's what I had on my last time there. I hope I get one when I head to FLETC next week lol. I'm taking my projector with me for my computer and would like to have the living room wall again to use as a backdrop for movie nights.

• Has anyone had experience or know in what order they might schedule polys (hear me out I know it's random). I originally applied for the 19-11 announcement and did my interview in September 2019. I had to reapply in January 2020 because of my last surgery in the announcement 20-4. Would they use my original SI date or the date I had to reapply to schedule my poly?

Comment

• I hate it, (The Taj) too for from everything else. Anyone from JFK over here?

Comment

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              Use it as an opportunity to jog everywhere. Its the best part of the Taj lol

• So I just wanted to share and keep ya'll on your toes...So I was 531 but as of yesterday afternoon I am now 529! Just started getting emails out of the blue to register for FLETC and other paper work to fill out . After speaking to my supervisors they confirmed a trainee resigned from my port and i was next in line. So yeah.....be prepared to be changed and leave earlier if you get bumped up due to people dropping out. With everything going on I'm sure there will be others. So keep up the workouts, stay out of trouble, and keep healthy everyone.

Comment

• Cassie18
              Cassie18 commented
              Editing a comment
              Aaah okay way off from mine lol mine is 20-5

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              This happens and people miss the chance because they don't respond as quickly as they should sometimes. Like me for instance. I could have gone to FLETC November of 2019 but I missed the callback because my email notifications weren't on like they should have been. So I called back too late and someone else took the slot. Pushed me back months in the end lol

• Ed1990
              Ed1990 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info. I’m class 539 hopefully soon I’ll get a date to fletc

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              a friend of my class 540 just got a call from his port saying to fill fletc paper and getting ready to assign plane ticket...what is going on? Do you guys think due to operational need at his port, they changed his class to go earlier?

• Nice.. Congrats on a early Academy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4389 users online. 282 members and 4107 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X