Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyone on here that's already EOD at Chicago O ' Hare Airport? Is so, after your 2-week pre-academy is completed do they send you back to your out of state home to wait for a FLETC(Hazard/COVID-19/Admin. Leave Pay). Or will they keep you in Chicago the whole time until your new FLETC date? I don't think I can live in Chicago for 4-6 months and pay rent plus a mortgage in another state. Any valuable information would be helpful. Thank you

Comment

• Houston713
      Houston713 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to manage a mortgage back in Texas and pay for an extended stay. My family won’t be coming with me.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Call your POC, they should let you EOD at your local port, logic305 Being on leave is depending on each port... some ports let new hires leave after 2 weeks, some make new hires come in, some let new hires 1 week on, 1 week off (like me)... I EOD local port but still 2hrs away, so I have to pay rent 2 weeks a month pretty much. No other choice...

• Anybody class 570? eod:12/28 New Orleans

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Call your POC, they will let you EOD in TX man, Houston is big port... they should have a spot for youHouston713
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-06-2020, 10:32 AM.

• Originally posted by V_AntCBP View Post
    Call your POC, they will let you EOD in TX man, Houston is big port... they should have a spot for youHouston713
    Appreciate the info. Wasn’t aware we could do that. Would now be a good time to contact or closer eod date?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      call them asap Houston713 it will take several weeks to set up for you to EOD locally.,

• Does anyone know after completing FLETC and maybe 1 or 2 years down the road(age now 41 or 42) can you transfer to ICE Deportation Officer when a vacancy opens up on the USAjobs.gov website. I know they have a cross-over course and that they are 6c Covered but CBP is not, will they still pick them up?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, I'm unsure how OFO would handle promotions although I expect they would honor CBP age waivers.

If promotion is the goal then the BP proportionately promotes far more PAs to supervisory roles then OFO does.

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh OK thanks mer. I would like to do supervisor. Though if I can gain a financial bump by other means, and at least get some skills through collateral assignments or what have you, that would work also. Such as, for CBPO, can you pick up other Officer's shifts? Shift trade, you work for them and get the pay? I guess OT is not looking highly likely, who knows down the road, but if I could pick up shifts that would be good.

Well, I suppose for the agencies with the waiver up to 40, for those onboarding at 38, 39, 40, they have a good shot at retention as far as those hires cannot go to other agencies due to the age waiver. I was worried they might scrap the age waiver, but it seems it might be to the agencies' advantage to keep it...

Hopefully I can just get in with my current process. I don't really care, any of these agencies if I get in and stay with that one job till retirement, doesn't bother me. I am tired of moving around anyway. I just want to work and have a decent career.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's no picking up other's shift in OFO...or giving a shift away...for that matter.

As far as overtime goes, overtime availability in OFO has always been spotty at best on the large scale. With the current issues and the future lack of funding COPRA through reduced traffic and the resulting reductions in immigration and customs fees that fund 100% of the overtime budget...expect overtime availability to fall to new lows...especially in the hardest hit, reduced volume ports.

If steady overtime is your thing it would probably be best to look outside of OFO and into a job series with built-in, funded overtime like AUO, LEAP or BPAPRA . Just make sure you pick the right location to maximize your potential.

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      OK thank you, I was wondering about that...

• Good morning,
    Does our on boarding paper work have to be done prior to EOD?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      No, just do what you can,address, W4, Direct deposit, stuff like that, the rest can be done first week of EOD with help of Mission Support, they can answer any questions you may have, make sure you print the Swear in Affidavit and couple more forms listed on the final selection letter to bring with you though, bchalmers
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-06-2020, 01:07 PM.

• Playmaker1996
      Playmaker1996 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP Where is the Swear in Affidavit form? I don’t think I received it .

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Playmaker1996 it's on the onboarding Manger. I think it's called sf61 or something...

• Originally posted by V_AntCBP View Post
    call them asap Houston713 it will take several weeks to set up for you to EOD locally.,
    I did my POC said as of right now they have me reporting to N.O. & if something changes he’ll update me.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      ok, Houston713 my poc called me about a month out, offered to EOD locally. so just wait little bit to see...

• Received my final selection letter today. EOD Dec 28th, Class 270. On the letter it states to contact our POC. Should we call them soon or wait closer to our EOD to let them know we are coming? Thanks

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are ok EOD at that port, I would wait until beginning Nov and make contact. If you want to EOD at your local port, make contact now to see what your options are... more time for you to plan... gl

• Look what got posted on USAJOBS on 8/4/2020. Poly graph examiners by DHS/CBP. I guess this means maybe they will get thru more applicants in 2021.
    Exam : Police Officer
    ("2302) List 7x
    APD-5 : 5/13 - completed
    Medical :
    Written Psych :
    Oral Psych :
    JST :
    Investigator :
    Mini-medical :
    Social media:

Academy:??? Who knows

Comment

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      It could be they are upping their staffing numbers. Or, maybe they are just getting ready to fire some of their examiners, and these new hires will just be replacements. No idea on this from just the vacancy announcement.

• Dan2302
      Dan2302 commented
      Editing a comment
      Page i am hoping they upping their staff numbers. It would make sense that they posted a bunch of vacancies in the Northeast areas since so many people here have not been notified about poly appts.

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      Come to think of it, you're right. These CBPs passed the poly to become Examiners, and so they must be of the most stellar integrity and honesty. It would be unfathomable that they ever could have, or will do anything the slightest bit wrong to be fired. Because they passed the poly, so they are beyond reproach and are just shining examples of what we should all be in life, right? How could they ever be fired, I take it back, how could I ever say or even dare to think such a thing?

• Anyone eod on sept 15th heard anything from their duty stations yet or any new news in general?

Comment

• Flapeeps
      Flapeeps commented
      Editing a comment
      I eod sept 24. I think my letter came in early june

• Is it true Sessions 524 - 526 starts at FLETC nest week at Glynco ???

Comment

• Silva23
      Silva23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes we do

• Question : I have to report to my duty station on 11/9 n a Monday and Report to FLETC on 11/25. Will I leave my duty station on 11/20 which is 2 work Weeks or 11/23 which would be 2 calendar weeks?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      call your poc, he she would be able to tell you exactly. this varies from ports Wanderlust_ usually they let you have 1 day to travel to fletc but this week is Thanksgiving so maybe special case...
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-09-2020, 01:04 PM.

• ProtoCBP
      ProtoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Wanderlust_ what class # are you?

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Wanderlust_ hate to be the bearer of bad news but your FLETC date will most likely not be happening this year if your EOD is 11/9. Just keep prepping for anything though. That's the boat we're all in.

• Wanderlust_
      Wanderlust_ commented
      Editing a comment
      My class number is 561

• Good morning,
    anybody have any idea when 552 starts?

Thanks

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      my bet would be Jan Feb 2021

• GiveAlohaGetLei
      GiveAlohaGetLei commented
      Editing a comment
      557 here. I'm predicting next summer but that's me being pessimistic lol given the spike in C19 cases we're seeing everywhere.

• I’m in the process w/ US Customs at 63%. I just applied for Border Patrol is everything gonna transfer over?

Comment

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I’m at GS9 status and applied with Customs 2yrs ago. How long you think the process will take?

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Keee562 my process took 26 months. everyone has different timeline. You are in background investigation phase now, hang in there, you are almost done. I know many people got 2.5 years in and haven't taken poly yet.

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I’m asking how long is the border patrol hiring process would take

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      BP has been about 6-9 months pre-COVID. If you get a provisional clearance for the background investigation it can be even faster.

BP academy looks pretty hardcore. I’d check it out and make sure you’re up for it before applying.

• So since I have nothing better to do on the daily besides sit and wait for FLETC, and working out. I bought the 2020 Immigration Law Pocket Field Book at the recommendation of my Supervisor. Gives me something to start studying, along with my Babble account for spanish. My Port Director told me at the current rate I'll be outta probation, and a GS11 before I even graduate the academy. It hurts but it's funny. Least he has a good sense of humor on a cruddy situation.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm ordering it too.. recommended by my sup as well...

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      The only thing I can say is you dont want to be all over the place with an Immigration Law book. There are very specific things (course material) they focus on. Dont go confusing yourself just learning 'Immigration Law" Its a huge part of the USC/INA

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      If I was going to study anything beyond a language, I'd study the local area around your port. Learn where the towns and attractions are, local businesses, local trends and peculiarities, etc. That's the sort of stuff that you can use and normally it takes months to years for most people to pick up a working knowledge of. Learn what traffic makes sense at your port...and what traffic might need further scrutiny.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 that would be great if i was at my home port. I'm still stuck at a temp port for the last 4 months. I won't see my home port until after FLETC

• Anyone EOD’n for SFO in Sept or Oct?

Comment

• Jackpot40
      Jackpot40 commented
      Editing a comment
      I EOD Oct 19 to SFO.....I called at the end of last month he told me to call back about a month out for instructions on if I would come there or go to a local port.

• Jackpot40
      Jackpot40 commented
      Editing a comment
      Playmaker1996 where are you located? How long will you be at the local port? Are you doing 2 weeks or going to get to stay there thru out the duration of the time before FLETC?

• Bay recruit
      Bay recruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Playmaker1996!
      Nice!! I’ll see you at FLETC

• Bay recruit
      Bay recruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Jackpot40 nice! You EOD about a week after me!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4931 users online. 294 members and 4637 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X