Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TsFost any idea if TSA completed background check would make CBP background go a little bit faster or it does not matter, am just wondering. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      So honestly I can't say or not whether it would help. I got through the process super quickly and was granted provisional. But I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. I do know that the background investigation though for them was nothing compared to the background investigation for CBP outside of using an eqip.

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      It does not help AT ALL.. I’ve been with TSA for over 7 years and have been waiting for the poly for about 2 years now

• Someone posted on the CBP facebook group that 527 travels to fletc on the 27th of this month

Comment

• Here is the post for new classes
      Attached Files

Comment

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Technically, for example my class 530 doesn't start till pretty much October after the quarantine and if you take into consideration all of the holidays in between the timing is correct.

• PM015
        PM015 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a little less than 5 months (including the 14 day quarantine).

• DCFED
        DCFED commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you were right its definitely a go with FLETC in 2 weeks. Time to start packing is right.

• Chris Martin
        Chris Martin commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you find this information? Is that the only classes listed so far?

• My port hasn't said anything about FLETC dates at all but let me get ready and start packing if these dates are correct. Where did the person from the CBP Facebook page get his or her information from????
      Last edited by DCFED; 08-13-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        This was posted on a Facebook page, Delphi Forum plus I received multiple texts of people sending it to me. Seems legit so I would probably start packing. Also from what I'm hearing it looks like it will be 4 classes every month

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I talked to my Supervisor today. Dates are confirmed. I started buying stuff today to repack for the long stay lol

• What is the CBP facebook group name, am curious to check it out.

Comment

• jdop7
        jdop7 commented
        Editing a comment
        The one I've heard of is "CBP Hiring Process"

• Is there anyone at Glynco that just arrived from classes 524, 525, and 526?

Comment

• Silva23
        Silva23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I am here☝️

• I have my Structured Interview August 31st, any tips/words of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations I was there at that step last year. All I can say as we all signed a disclosure not disclose any details do to privacy. Just use your common sense and you should be fine.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        the look: dress full suit, tie, everything... you want to look professional...you will be panel-interviewing with several Sup so you don't want to look sloppy going in. Be polite, I believe they also rate you on those things... The SI: use comment sense, care for others, safety for yourself and team,be ethical,follow the rules, the laws Wakelyk10 Basically, this is whats happening...if you are an officer, what would you do. Its not so bad, don't stress yourself out... Good luck

• Angelcaro
        Angelcaro commented
        Editing a comment
        Where you located ? I’m still waiting for mine in Miami I have everything done but the interview polygraph background drug test .. just missing interview

• Anyone in Florida been recently scheduled for the poly? I applied in the 19-3 announcement

Comment

• Maggie718
        Maggie718 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m also 19-3 been waiting a year for that poly!! Ugh. waiting to get scheduled in San Diego.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in 19-2 in NYC awaiting to be scheduled for the polygraph I guess the wait continues.

• Angelcaro
        Angelcaro commented
        Editing a comment
        ThAts why i applied to border patrol first so the process will be faster

• Any information and insight about polygraph scheduling dates would be helpful. Waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph here, hopefully anytime soon, in this pandemic time.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        poly so backed up, keep waiting until they make contact... Many people have been waiting more than 1 year...

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        GilE1788 what announcement are you in. Where did you select to have your polygraph exam scheduled when you first applied?

• Anyone from the 20-4 announcement get the call?

Comment

• Bought a good amount of stuff to hold me over during FLETC today. Packing up for my travel day in a week & 1/2. Tried to think about the essentials since leaving base to run to walmart isn't gonna be a thing for now. Here's a basic list of what I'm packing since i'm driving down (only about an 8-9 hour drive). Bought packs to make life easy when I could. I've got everything to fit in a small rubbermaid tote to make carrying easy. I have a ruck sack for my clothes and shoes.

Black undershirts x10
        White undershirts x5
        Black compression shorts x10
        Black boot socks x10
        White crew socks x6
        Black ankle socks x6

Laundry Detergent for dark colors (gal)
        Fabric softener (gal)
        Iron (the rooms have them but from my last time there it sucked)
        Brasso polish
        Kiwi shoe polish x2

Deodorant can x2
        Deodorant stick x2
        Toothpaste x2
        Mouth wash (biggest bottle they had)
        Pack of toothbrushes
        Pack of razors
        Shaving cream x2
        Bug spray cans x3
        Big thing of baby wipes
        Box of band-aids
        Shower caddy

- Stuff I already bought but will be taking as well

Various clothes for after hours
        Comfy Pillow
        Nintendo Switch
        Percussion Massager (great for after a run)
        Hair Clippers for fades
        Knee compression sleeve (had acl surgery 2 years ago so still acts up some days)
        Boot shining kit
        5.11 Boots
        2 pairs of tennis shoes
        Resistance Band kit (up to 50lb bands)
        Laptop & Projector

Now my question for those who have either been there or there now. Do I need to take my suit with me for any reason?
        Last edited by TsFost; 08-15-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP yea i'll def let you all know what i can as i get down there.

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          You really don't need your suit. Just slacks and a dress shirt/polo on day one/two until you get your smurfs.

As for the bug spray, Skin So Soft was the one that I found worked the best. YMMV.

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          The gnats really aren’t any issue right now because it’s so hot. Otherwise, skin so soft works great, and so does the stuff the FLETC Express sells. You only need business professional the first day. Wearing a suit the first day will either get you called out for being the example or left alone. Instructor dependent, so you choose. They were ripping into the guys who showed up in “golf polos.”

• Angelcaro
          Angelcaro commented
          Editing a comment
          This helps thank you !!

• Originally posted by fonzi7979 View Post
        GilE1788 what announcement are you in. Where did you select to have your polygraph exam scheduled when you first applied?
        I am in Minneapolis so hopefully I get scheduled in the hiring center based here, I am guessing.

Comment

• My current POE is Memphis International. The FedEx Port as it is called. Im looking for a swap back to the east coast if anyone is interested? NC,SC,GA areas.

Comment

• Anyone from class 527-530 already have dates for fletc?

Comment

• Kevin1234
              Kevin1234 commented
              Editing a comment
              There was a list floating around here somewhere in this forum

• Anyone from class 533 have dates asking for a co worker??

Comment

• Cxp1137
              Cxp1137 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not yet still waiting for a date for class 533

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4603 users online. 311 members and 4292 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X