Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my polygraph earlier this week and it now shows the green checkmark on the app today. Finally some progress after a year and a half.
    Last edited by SPX; 08-02-2020, 11:41 AM.
    CBPO 19-2

Applied: 11/2018
    Written Test & NOR: 12/2018
    Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
    SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019
    Polygraph: 07/29/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Resubmit EQIP To OPR after Polygraph: 08/11/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Resubmit Fingerprints: 08/11/2020
    Met with Background Investigator: 08/25/2020
    Background Investigation: In Progress
    Drug Test: In Progress
    Final Offer: Pending

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      SPX congrats! I’m 19-2 as well... hopefully everything else moves quickly for you.

• Done with it all, poly and BI and waiting... Hope they don't decide to stop scheduling classes for next year until next year. Would like to least have a date. Anyone have a good contact to someone that really knows how to check into your application? I call the call center and they just say same thing, waiting on drug test and training date.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to all recent applicants that completed their polygraph exam the light at the end of the tunnel is near. Good luck and be safe.

• Originally posted by SPX View Post
    Took my polygraph earlier this week and it now shows the green checkmark on the app today. Finally some progress after a year and a half.
    Where’d you take your poly ?

Comment

• Just received final selection letter. Class 569 in Jan
      Goodluck everyone

Comment

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, what’s your EOD date? Still waiting on my selection letter, hoping it’s coming soon.

• Nero714
        Nero714 commented
        Editing a comment
        Eod dec 21st

• Yelpmats33
        Yelpmats33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! I'm also in Class 569. EOD December 24 maybe I'll get some holiday pay on my first day.

• stanford.west
        stanford.west commented
        Editing a comment
        569 here jfk so far

• Just received the final offer letter. Eod 12/24, class 569. Anyone else in 569? Chicago?

Comment

• supNova95
        supNova95 commented
        Editing a comment
        What was your announcement # and timeline?

• Yelpmats33
        Yelpmats33 commented
        Editing a comment
        supNova95

CBP Hiring Process VRA 19-9

29 June 19 - Applied ✅

10 July 19 - Notice of Results ✅

20 May 17 (Still current from last application) - Structured Interview ✅

11 July 19 - Medical ✅

24 July 19 (submitted current Air Force PT) - PFT ✅

17 November 19 - Polygraph ✅

04 June 20 - BI Cleared ✅

09 June 20 - Drug Test ✅

15 June 20 - Final Call ✅

EOD – 24 December 2020

FLETC – January 11 - May 17

• Good evening, I have a question. I’m originally on announcement 20-1, i recently applied for 20-11, it's a VRA announcement. My application status reads UNAVAILABLE. It also states, “the status of your application can’t be determined at this time.” Is this normal?? I’m concerned because although I applied 8/1, the announcement closed out 8/2.

Comment

• Dan2302
        Dan2302 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it closed out a day later because the posting referenced had an application limit. Once the limit hit, the posting automatically dropped from the site.

• Has anybody received/heard of a verbal fail on the polygraph, but actually ended up passing after the results came back from quality control?

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anthony42567 congrats to receiving a favorable result from QC. I have read some horror stories on this forum in regards to the polygraph exam experiences and
        outcomes from many applicants. I know there is always two sides to the story but I am glad to see that QC was able to see through it once they reviewed it. Good luck to you with the rest of this process. Keep us posted as many of us are still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam and this gives us hope that the light at the end of the tunnel is near.
        Last edited by fonzi7979; 08-05-2020, 06:11 AM.

• Happened before. QC has final says... Always wait for offical results, Anthony42567
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-05-2020, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I’ve been checking on the forums lately to compare timelines for rough ideas even though everyone will have a different timeline but here is mine currently

CBPO announcement 19-8

Applied 5/2/2019

Notice of results 5/6/2019

Medical Exam 5/29/2019 ✅ (I also received another email 6/8/2020 saying my medical was complete)

BI submitted May 2019 and finished around mid June 2020✅ (Had to switch personal handling it as I think there was issues with the first person doing my BI interviews which probably caused delays.)

Structured Interview 5/30/2019 Results 5/31 ✅

Fit test 6/12/2019 ✅

Polygraph 1/14/20 ✅

Drug Test 1/24/20 ✅

I emailed them about the Fit Test 2 that is listed in the phone app but was told to ignore it and I am in the cleared applicant pool. It seems most people here received their phone call for the EOD/FLETC relatively quick after completing everything and it’s been over a month for me. Has anyone else had a long wait for their EOD/FLETC phone call? I imagine everything is very delayed because of COVID-19 so I’m just curious what others are going through.

Best of luck to everyone in here and be safe.

Comment

• What are the possibilities of getting JFK?

Comment

• Rubicon
            Rubicon commented
            Editing a comment
            I also monitor a CBP facebook group, a woman there was told on 7/16 that none of the NYC area airports were available. Was basically only offered the southwest or northern border locations. She ended up getting Buffalo. This will surely be changing frequently, good luck! I'm in the same boat, hoping to get PHL but assuming that I'll also end up on the Canadian border.

• JakeRiley
            JakeRiley commented
            Editing a comment
            What is the Facebook group called?

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rubicon JakeRiley I am stationed at Philadelphia right now and know for a fact they are not taking any more officers here. I EOD'd back in April 13th and was a on W&S leave for a little while got called into port 1st week of June and have been here ever since with 15 others.

• Rubicon
            Rubicon commented
            Editing a comment
            JakeRiley "CBP Hiring Process"

• Is there anyone on here that's already EOD at Chicago O ' Hare Airport? Is so, after your 2-week pre-academy is completed do they send you back to your out of state home to wait for a FLETC(Hazard/COVID-19/Admin. Leave Pay). Or will they keep you in Chicago the whole time until your new FLETC date? I don't think I can live in Chicago for 4-6 months and pay rent plus a mortgage in another state. Any valuable information would be helpful. Thank you

Comment

• Houston713
            Houston713 commented
            Editing a comment
            Right. I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to manage a mortgage back in Texas and pay for an extended stay. My family won’t be coming with me.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Call your POC, they should let you EOD at your local port, logic305 Being on leave is depending on each port... some ports let new hires leave after 2 weeks, some make new hires come in, some let new hires 1 week on, 1 week off (like me)... I EOD local port but still 2hrs away, so I have to pay rent 2 weeks a month pretty much. No other choice...

• Anybody class 570? eod:12/28 New Orleans

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Call your POC, they will let you EOD in TX man, Houston is big port... they should have a spot for youHouston713
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-06-2020, 11:32 AM.

• Originally posted by V_AntCBP View Post
          Call your POC, they will let you EOD in TX man, Houston is big port... they should have a spot for youHouston713
          Appreciate the info. Wasn’t aware we could do that. Would now be a good time to contact or closer eod date?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            call them asap Houston713 it will take several weeks to set up for you to EOD locally.,

• Does anyone know after completing FLETC and maybe 1 or 2 years down the road(age now 41 or 42) can you transfer to ICE Deportation Officer when a vacancy opens up on the USAjobs.gov website. I know they have a cross-over course and that they are 6c Covered but CBP is not, will they still pick them up?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly, I'm unsure how OFO would handle promotions although I expect they would honor CBP age waivers.

If promotion is the goal then the BP proportionately promotes far more PAs to supervisory roles then OFO does.

• Page
            Page commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh OK thanks mer. I would like to do supervisor. Though if I can gain a financial bump by other means, and at least get some skills through collateral assignments or what have you, that would work also. Such as, for CBPO, can you pick up other Officer's shifts? Shift trade, you work for them and get the pay? I guess OT is not looking highly likely, who knows down the road, but if I could pick up shifts that would be good.

Well, I suppose for the agencies with the waiver up to 40, for those onboarding at 38, 39, 40, they have a good shot at retention as far as those hires cannot go to other agencies due to the age waiver. I was worried they might scrap the age waiver, but it seems it might be to the agencies' advantage to keep it...

Hopefully I can just get in with my current process. I don't really care, any of these agencies if I get in and stay with that one job till retirement, doesn't bother me. I am tired of moving around anyway. I just want to work and have a decent career.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            There's no picking up other's shift in OFO...or giving a shift away...for that matter.

As far as overtime goes, overtime availability in OFO has always been spotty at best on the large scale. With the current issues and the future lack of funding COPRA through reduced traffic and the resulting reductions in immigration and customs fees that fund 100% of the overtime budget...expect overtime availability to fall to new lows...especially in the hardest hit, reduced volume ports.

If steady overtime is your thing it would probably be best to look outside of OFO and into a job series with built-in, funded overtime like AUO, LEAP or BPAPRA . Just make sure you pick the right location to maximize your potential.

• Page
            Page commented
            Editing a comment
            OK thank you, I was wondering about that...

• Good morning,
          Does our on boarding paper work have to be done prior to EOD?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            No, just do what you can,address, W4, Direct deposit, stuff like that, the rest can be done first week of EOD with help of Mission Support, they can answer any questions you may have, make sure you print the Swear in Affidavit and couple more forms listed on the final selection letter to bring with you though, bchalmers
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 08-06-2020, 02:07 PM.

• Playmaker1996
            Playmaker1996 commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP Where is the Swear in Affidavit form? I don’t think I received it .

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Playmaker1996 it's on the onboarding Manger. I think it's called sf61 or something...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3928 users online. 281 members and 3647 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X