Comment

• Bay recruit
      Bay recruit commented
      Editing a comment
      558 here...SFO

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      FLL. Have you got word on whether we are going on time.

• Bay recruit
      Bay recruit commented
      Editing a comment
      No. I got a call today from 952....they offered me another year of incentive, which I thought was strange but whatever I’ll take it!

• Just posting this here in case anyone is interested.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/polit...ing/index.html

Comment

• Has anyone had a poly reciprocity gone thru? CBP denied mine because they said the agency never responded. It was less than a week. Should I resubmit the form?

Comment

• Originally posted by nonotnow View Post
      Has anyone had a poly reciprocity gone thru? CBP denied mine because they said the agency never responded. It was less than a week. Should I resubmit the form?
      My poly reciprocity request was a whole big waste of time. I requested on November 2019 and it just got denied June 2020. So now I am waiting for them to schedule me for the poly. A co-worker of mine just had his poly yesterday and failed it. I am hoping to go take it soon.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, so basically the poly reciprocity doesnt work. What a joke considering their poly is so backed up. Thanks for that info. Yeah its a known fact they fail people left and right.

• In other news. This is sad to see.

https://time.com/5868431/border-patr...cebook-groups/
      Exam : Police Officer
      ("2302) List 7x
      APD-5 : 5/13 - completed
      Medical :
      Written Psych :
      Oral Psych :
      JST :
      Investigator :
      Mini-medical :
      Social media:

Academy:??? Who knows

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Common sense and self-control goes a long way. Nothing one says on the internet is truly private and it never goes away once posted.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 you can say that again.

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t post anything. Keep it to yourself

• Dan2302
        Dan2302 commented
        Editing a comment
        My social media accounts have been inactive since 2014.

• Hello, if it’s possible, I’m looking for a GS9 in the Miami area that has EOD already and on W&S leave if possible can you PM me thanks.

Comment

• So how long is the medical and physical fitness test good for?

Comment

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          They say it's year. However, I had to med-drop to take care of some things and then reapply. Still had to take the fitness test again even though it was technically still under a year from taking it the first time, but only by a week.

• Have a question... Just wondering as we really don't know, but say we passed everything, just waiting on all this Covid BS to clear up... And we go over our time line waiting for class dates I wonder if we will have to take stuff again. Like the poly is good for two years, we'll it's been almost a year since I took and passed... But may not see the Acad for several more months.

Comment

• ProtoCBP
          ProtoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Once you EOD you are officially an employee with DHS/CBP. After you EOD, you will be locked in and won’t have to worry about anything expiring. I EOD’d in the middle of June and am now doing a bunch of admin work with about 20 other new hires while we wait for our academy classes to start.

• commandostyle
          commandostyle commented
          Editing a comment
          the hiring process and employment/academy should be independent of each other. once you have an eod and academy date you’ve already fulfilled the medical, poly, etc.
          If during the hiring process the poly, medical, SI expires then you’d have to take those again

• Good news.

I got a call last Thursday July 16 from a polygraph examiner. The examiner told me another examiner that's in my area will reach out to me before the week of August 3 to schedule my polygraph.
        CBPO 19-2

Applied: 11/2018
        Written Test & NOR: 12/2018
        Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
        SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019
        Polygraph: 07/29/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit EQIP To OPR after Polygraph: 08/11/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit Fingerprints: 08/11/2020
        Met with Background Investigator: 08/25/2020
        Background Investigation: In Progress
        Drug Test: In Progress
        Final Offer: Pending

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX that’s great news I’m also in 19-2 as well so maybe it’s just a matter of time. Where did you originally select to take the exam? Good luck.

• cb6941
          cb6941 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where you located ?

• Dan2302
          Dan2302 commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX your in Cali?

• SPX
          SPX commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 cb6941 Dan2302 Bay Area/NorCal

• ProtoCBP .... Are you on Weather & Safety Leave?

Comment

• ProtoCBP
          ProtoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          No. I’m reporting to a local port and doing admin until I leave for FLETC.

• I have not gotten the call yet, however finished all the steps except the drug test. They just tell me due to Covid not sure when they will get to it. That's only reason I asked about the other steps possibly expiring before getting the final offer.

Comment

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          spd2008 your are fine as long as you don’t apply to another announcement. If you stay with your current announcement you are good. My medical and fitness expired way before I got the call. I didn’t have to redo anything.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 that’s good to know. Thanks for sharing that information.

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 you’re welcome

• Yes thank you.... Kinda crazy being done with it all, and now this.

Comment

• So I’ve been working for TSA for over 7 years.. I recently got hired by BOP and have been in the hiring process for CBPO since 12/2018. My question is, Since I got hired by BOP earlier this month will I have to wait one year to be eligible to transfer agencies? Only reason why I took the job is because I’m STILL waiting for the polygraph and we all know the fail rate of this particular polygraph exam. My experience with BOP so far is that it’s better than TSA but I feel like working for customs is a better fit for me personally and the money is obviously better. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Florida_Man
            Florida_Man commented
            Editing a comment
            DRohn167 thank you sir, I appreciate it

• DRohn167
            DRohn167 commented
            Editing a comment
            My pleasure. Now that I think about it more I remember one of my academy classmates (I went to FLETC 5 months after my EOD) left for Veterans Affairs Police a few weeks after getting back home and another was promoted to a Food Service position at another prison. In the Bureau they tend to tell you a lot of things to discourage you but if you just go ahead and apply to everything you’d be surprised who gets what.

• Jafo1984
            Jafo1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            The answer is NO. You wont have to wait a year to move to another agency. Plus now your in 6c LEO retirement which will contribute to your 20yrs and it also stops your age clock if you dont have military. Ask some of your co workers how long it will take you to get a GS 12 position in the BOP. Alot of guys never make it past GL7 or 8. Also what security level are you bc working a pen suck the life out of you.

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            It doesn't have to take long to get a 12. I'm on the ws scale in food service. make around 11 step 6 pay. I went Ws right after my year. I can go to q lot of stuff from this. Just interviewed for a gs11 votec spot. (Was open to the public DEU)And I've been putting in for 11 with automatic 12 spots lately. I'll have 5 years in a couple months

• Got a call from Long Beach port supervisor. Come EOD time I will do some training and swear in , then get placed on W/S leave until my academy dates comes for class 552. He said he has not a clue when class 552 starts.

Comment

• Bay recruit
            Bay recruit commented
            Editing a comment
            SFO 558 here...what is weather and safety leave?!!! Is it no pay or reduced ? bchalmers

• bchalmers
            bchalmers commented
            Editing a comment
            Bay recruit it’s paid.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
            Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bay recruit W&S is administrative non charged leave. You get your full pay.

bchalmers thats what a few of us were originally told as well, but have since been called back in and are doing training mixed with random semi job related things instead. Firearms training, Defensive tactics, lots of shadowing etc..

• Hey,

I've been at my facility for about 5 years now. I finally decided it was time to give cbp a shot. I am waiting on the interview and poly for Logan currently. The bop is what you make it. I've met plenty of people who have made it a career and are perfectly content.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3319 users online. 147 members and 3172 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X