Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some update info from a poly examiner, thought some of you may want to know:

Here is the latest information regarding the scheduling of polygraphs for those of you who interested on the current status of this portion of the hiring process:
    • CBP has resumed polygraph testing in most areas of the country. Some offices may still be closed and others may close depending on the cases of COVID in the area.
    • The CBP polygraph is utilized for all 3 CBP components within CBP (BP, A&M & OFO). However, BP applicants and Air and Marine applicants are currently the priority since the OFO academy is full. CBPO applicants are being scheduled, but only when the specific Credibility Assessment Division (CAD) office no longer has BP or A&M applicants in the queue.
    • In order to limit the exposure risk to COVID-19, CBP is not currently testing those applicants who would have to travel outside of their state OR any distance within the state which would incur overnight lodging. Only local applicants are being tested, but in the order of preference based on position previously mentioned. So if you live in an area where there is no CAD office in your state or you live in a state where the nearest office is more than a few (3 or more) hours away, you're going to have to wait until the travel restrictions are lifted. It could be very soon or it could be months. Again, all depends on the trends with COVID-19 cases.
    • When it is for your exam to be scheduled, you will be contacted via phone or email to discuss COVID-19 concerns and procedures for the day of your test and to schedule your exam. Check your spam and junk folders and be sure to answer your phone.
    • The office you're testing out of may be operating on a limited capacity to ensure that as few people as possible are in the office at the same time. This means that you may not be able to negotiate when your exam will be administered because only a few dates are available. You'll be given one or two options or be told that you will have to wait a few more weeks or longer to be tested.
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 07-12-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the info

• I see others are getting EOD's for 2021. I feel like calling them to try to get a seat for a 2021 academy. They called me February of this year and stated they didn't have 2021 dates and would have to put me on military hold due my deployment. Anyone have experience with something like this? I'd really like a 2021 date and at this rate if I wait until I get back like they suggested I'll be looking at 2022... I originally applied in 2018.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any date you could get right now isn't reliable. As many have said, just looking at those that are already in pre-academy status and waiting on new dates... its gotta be about 15-20 classes worth of people, plus the ones before them still waiting to get back into class. I would would be willing to bet a paycheck that those two groups alone won't get everyone started before the end of this calendar. In actuality, they could probably stop offering new start dates, and based just off those groups above and the ones that have already received the call, OBT would probably be full through next FY.

• NYBseBall89
      NYBseBall89 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd rather have a date even if it may be flexible or changed. I just want to try to get a date sometime in late 2021. It just sucks to wait almost 2 years and get the call, but then having to military hold me with no known future date. Plus seeing others here with 2021 dates(wasn't available during my call) just makes me feel as if maybe it might be possible to at least get a date and a location even if the date may change i can start making plans for picking up and moving my life.

• Class 552 (September 14th). Hope to hear more news soon.

Comment

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      The way things are looking you may not see FLETC until 2021. Keep your head up tho... Hopefully things change.

• camtheman77
      camtheman77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also 552, havent heard a thing

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to give you an idea, I am in class 528 and was supposed to have attended FLETC middle of April. As of now there is no idea of when class 528 will be sent and so all you can do is continue to stay in shape, start studying the immigration laws, VISA classifications and Spanish if you need it. I believe it will be a while before my class gets the warning notice of having to report to GA.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      SpinyNorman83 yea im 527 and no date. 526 was supposed to start back Aug 3rd but honestly due to Charleston being down for the time being for training who knows.

• Have a couple questions I was hoping someone could answer. Does anyone know what academy class # Jan 12th is. Also for those who have been given an offer if classes get pushed back does that mean there is a potential of waiting another year just until our academy comes up? If an academy is postponed does our EOD also get pushed back? Does FLETC run multiple academies at the same time or once the 4month academy is over the next academy goes in?

Comment

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      You will find out what class you are when you receive your final offer letter. As of right now all EOD’s are being honored. Dont worry until u hear otherwise

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Normally, OFO runs multiple academies...sometimes multiple academies running just days apart.

In the world of COVID, who know?

At the moment, EOD dates haven't changed, just Academy dates. Lots of folks simply collecting a paycheck sitting around doing little of nothing.

• Buffalo_17
      Buffalo_17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha, thanks for the response.

• Good morning everyone,
    how many letters do we get before we EOD. I got my final selection letter in June. Do I get another letter with different info closer to EOD?

Comment

• GiveAlohaGetLei
      GiveAlohaGetLei commented
      Editing a comment
      Disclaimer: I am in the same boat, waiting for the last email, as well. We should be getting another email with instructions on logging into the onboarding manager to print the requisite forms prior to EOD.

• I applied in December 2018 and I’m STILL waiting for a polygraph! Also, what's their work schedule look like?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Join the hurry up and wait club. Well I applied in November of 2018 I know the feeling. Just stay positive and in time things will move along again.

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      UchihaMadara. look like you and me in the same announcement 19-3 right. i applied DEC 2018 and still waiting for poly too

• UchihaMadara
      UchihaMadara commented
      Editing a comment
      standtheman I'm 19-5 but heck, I hope everything starts moving

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      UchihaMadara i saw someone in facebook group that got scheduled in San Diego (1 1/2hours drive away from me) hopefully anytime soon

• Anyone from CBP sessions... 524, 525, or 526 in here?

Comment

• Has anyone had a polygraph recently scheduled in the Chicago area? Currently, at 50℅ next step is the poly and was hoping they are doing them again.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep us posted. I am hoping they start scheduling for the polygraph exam soon.

• picasso100
      picasso100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I received a phone call couple weeks ago to schedule the polygraph exam in Chicago.

• Class 562? Trying to connect with some of you before we meet up in training

Comment

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't worry you have time. There are 38 classes in front of you for FLETC that aren't at the academy right now in waiting.

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      562 FLETC dec 1. Hopefully

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 564 here. What POE r u goin to?

• Anyone at JFK port or scheduled to go there?

Comment

• Does anyone know the work schedule for officers at EWR?
    Is it 5 days @ 8 hours a day or some sort of rotating schedule

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
      SAS-CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      While you are training it’s 5x8. After post academy 5x2, 4x3 9hrs

• brandons
      brandons commented
      Editing a comment
      SAS-CBPO
      when you say after post academy 5x2, 4x3 9 Hrs
      does that mean one week you work 5 on 2 off and then following week 4 on 3 off?
      or is it one or the other?

• SAS-CBPO
      SAS-CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      post academy is approx 26 weeks . you will work 5 on 2 off. monday-friday 8 hours,, once you finish probation you will work 5 on 2 off, then 4 on 3 off 9 hours shifts

• kc.lin55
      kc.lin55 commented
      Editing a comment
      do you get pay for 9hrs a day after the post academy SAS-CBPO

• Hello everyone, been following this post for a while now. Like, a good while haha.
    Applied under Announcement 20-8 and this is my timeline as follows:

EQIP: Complete
    PFT-1: 6/12/20
    Med Exam: 3/25/20
    S.I.: Aug, 2020 (Scheduled)
    Poly: Waiver Since currently CBP employed.
    Background: Complete

I know things are a bit slow right now so I reached out to the structured interview side and scheduled the interview in a location that wasn't close to me but I figured I'd rather keep the ball rolling. Hope everyone stays safe and look forward to keeping in contact with everyone and anyone whos on a similar timeline as I am.
    I applied under the Direct Hire and General Announcement as well.

Comment

• hi everyone!

Does anybody knows how long it is taking now to get your results of the medical exam?

Comment

• SpinyNorman83
        SpinyNorman83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Due to the coronavirus I am assuming you are not going to hear for a while, and at times, it took medical two months to get back to me from last summer. Best of luck and hope you hear something soon!

• StevenMal
        StevenMal commented
        Editing a comment
        Took me 9months to get cleared from my medical

• Is anyone in the process for Chicago and have heard anything? Currently at 50% waiting for the poly. I did hear there might be cutbacks towards the end of the year and they might not bring anyone else on for a while (but that’s just a faint rumor)

Comment

• Spanish test. For those in the southeast and southwest border

does anyone know anything about it?

how difficult is it?

any study materials out there?

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm currently using Babble to learn while waiting on FLETC. After a solid month of it daily I'm getting better at reading Spanish short stories online, and when I'm watching shows like Border Wars i'm picking up on words and phrases.

• Manonfire6666
          Manonfire6666 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! This is helpful!

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can tell you that at FLETC, you'll be using Rosetta Stone. At least this is what was happening when I was at FLETC in November.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4824 users online. 327 members and 4497 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X