300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yelpmats33 View Post
    For the people that have EOD in the last few months what do they have you guys doing at your POE since the academy is so backed up? I EOD in December and suppose to head to GA Jan 11 but I know that’s not happening.
    @V-AntCBP...... I think it goes by the port, my port called everyone back. There's no reason to have us sit in a room for eight hours a day. I have a few modules to go, most are useless, but I'm dreading the the day when I'm done and have nothing to do.

Comment

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      When I EODd in April there were already several new hires who had been at port for 3 weeks with nothing to do.....I did my 2 weeks of preacademy then we were all sent home on WSL for few weeks then got called to report back to port for few weeks of assignment duties helping here or there . Currently we all got put back on WSL till further notice...you do have to check in by phone twice a week when on WSL and be ready to report to port at anytime.

• danny121583
      danny121583 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello everyone. I just received NOR and will start pre-employment process. Does anybody know if they only offer you ports that were on the announcement or can you pick a port close to home and if they have a vacancy they let you go there? Thanks for any advice.

• Yshaban
      Yshaban commented
      Editing a comment
      danny121583 From what I know so far It will be based on the announcement you applied for if it is a direct-hire that's mission-critical locations mostly southern border. VRA which is for veterans you can ask/request any locations and they will send it up for approval, I believe regular announcement they will give you a list when they call you and you have to pick from whatever is on the list.

• danny121583
      danny121583 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool thanks.

• I EOD on 7/27 and I just received my onboarding stuff. Many of the documents have a due date of 7/23 but I thought i was supposed to do most of that on my first EOD day. Do I just ignore the due date and wait until I EOD to fill out those documents?

Comment

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      You will submit the completed packet with electronic signature on your first day. The only thing submitted before that should be grooming doc and questionnaire. The system generates due dates for everyone...mine generated due dates that where before my EOD but they told me to ignore those because I was going to submitt everything with help at port on first day. Should you still have questions though call the number for on boarding help line or your HR mission support at your assigned port.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      no worries, fill out what you surely know, like direct deposit, name, address,W4, Race ethnicity and few others, all benefits, insurance, wait until EOD, in case you have questions, they will help you thru.... jdop7 most important is the grooming standard form...submit it before EOD.

• jdop7
      jdop7 commented
      Editing a comment
      ncavazos V_AntCBP okay thanks for the help yall!!

• Well guys...I just got the Call. EOD 02/02/2021.

Comment

• I applied in December 2018 and I’m STILL waiting for a polygraph!

Comment

• bmak18
      bmak18 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied 12-2019 and feel like I got to 50% pretty quickly, and now I wait for the poly. Maybe it depends on the region and how many applicants are going through those ports and the caseload they have. Good luck brother

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      19-4 here still waiting on poly. Applied 2/2019

• Silva23
      Silva23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man so have you email the people to know the status of your application? I was on the same boat til I started emailing and the answers I got were never generic and I eventually got the poly. ( I used the email addresses in the app ) I email medical first for an update then all of the other ones.

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Silva23 I have emailed and called every number known to man. After emailing my BI for the 5th time inquiring about my polygraph 14 months after I applied, she noticed the finger prints were not complete and gave me 24 hours to do it. 4 months later here I am still waiting for the polygraph. The 4 times before that I got generic responses no one caught on my finger prints were done incorrectly. It’s a complete caca show even before covid

• Anyone headed to or Already in Calexico,Ca? I need recommendations on Places to stay.My EOD is early November.

Comment

• Anyone from class 562 here? Might as well get acquainted!

Comment

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        562? Wow, that's crazy far out. I'm actually jealous of all the new session. The training curriculum will be changing for the better and you new sessions get more time doing fun stuff.

• ProtoCBP
        ProtoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        invertedPanda just curious, do you know what changes they are making to the training curriculum?

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        562 here! See you all at FLETC

• Is there anyone currently in pre academy at JFK here???

Comment

• I’m hearing the poly is back in Newark.

Comment

• Yshaban
          Yshaban commented
          Editing a comment
          Finally, some good news lets hope it is true!!!

• Anyone in or waiting for Buffalo NY port? Any insight into how the port is from working perspective? Alot of OT?

Still waiting on poly hope to get in Buffalo.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was TDY to Buffalo about 10 years ago. There was OT for the locals, but at nothing like on the southern border. As I recall, Buffalo covered 5? bridges plus a small airport. 550 Officers, or thereabouts. Like any large port there are those who hate it and those who love it.

• Anyone at the academy hear anything about another possible shutdown, I'm hearing rumors that it could happen and with cases going up everywhere figured there might be some truth to it??

Comment

• Kevin1234
          Kevin1234 commented
          Editing a comment
          No shutdown atm.... But then again things can change in one day...

• ncavazos
          ncavazos commented
          Editing a comment
          I've heard same rumor but I asked 2 people at academy glynco and Charleston and they said they havent heard anything recent regarding closure...so let's hope things keep that way.

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          ncavazos yeah I reached out to someone who graduated and another that's there now and they haven't heard anything so probably just rumors...guess we will just see.

• anyone in the process for Chicago port?

Comment

• danny121583
          danny121583 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I am VRA so I hope 99% I get Chicago. Thanks for your response. V_AntCBP

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I know of a lot of Non VRA Regular applicants have gotten Chicago. Shouldnt be a problem.

• danny121583
          danny121583 commented
          Editing a comment
          @DrigoCBP...even better news. Thank you.

• bmak18
          bmak18 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chicago here. Born, raised, and applied to lol

• @danny12 I got a call couple of weeks ago and was offered Chicago among other 3 southern border ports. I'm 19-6 regular non-vra announcement. I don't recall what cities were listed in the announcement, but Chicago def wasn't my 1st choice.

Comment

• danny121583
          danny121583 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome thanks for letting me know.

• What's the process after poly? Drug test then PT #2 while they work on your BI and final offer soon after?

Comment

• GiveAlohaGetLei
          GiveAlohaGetLei commented
          Editing a comment
          After passing poly, should get scheduled for the DT shortly after. Within weeks of passing that you should be getting an initial call from your BI. With COVID-19 numbers jumping up again, I could see that part of the process either stalling (given that you'll eventually have to physically sit for a BI interview) or get lucky and they arrange a phone interview.

I got the final offer call about 3 weeks after passing poly. Also: there is no PT#2.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that's fast, thank you. Yeah the spike in numbers could delay a lot so guess I'll see.
          There isnt a second fitness exam? In my CBP app it says it's the last step before final offer.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          No fitness 2, it says Not Applicable or grayed out I think. After poly, if you are granted provisional, you will take DT, get the call, meet your BI to complete your background . If you are NOT granted provisional, you will meet with BI, wait for your background completed, then take DT and receive the call. nonotnow

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow I dunno how I missed that. I've been granted provisional before so shouldn't be an issue. Thanks guys

• Stuck on 50% since June 2019. Still awaiting a polygraph date. Got a call to see if I was still interested on the poly and the guy said that he was going to put me on a list. I'm 19-5, sorry for my ignorance but can you be so kindly to tell me what's the work schedule looks like ?Thank you and stay positive

Comment

• I EOD in December and report to FLETC the second week in January. My question is, is it worthwhile for me to drive my POV to use while at the academy? I'm coming from southern Arizona. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            General consensus has alway been that driving to the Academy is preferable to flying...however, in the COVID world of restrictions...having a vehicle available might not be the benefit in the future that it was before the scourge of Coronavirus.

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            The two most common words in government is "it depends".

What will FLETC be like when you start? Who knows. If it's back to normal, you might want a car. If it's still the same as it is now, a car isn't really needed.

• SpinyNorman83
            SpinyNorman83 commented
            Editing a comment
            As of right now, FLETC is not allowing trainees to leaving the site because of the spike in COVID cases. You are going to have to wait until closer to your academy date before deciding to drive across country or to fly. I am in class 528 and if they aren't going to allow trainees off site then I am going to fly to save all the miles on my vehicle and since you can't leave there is no sense. I am getting updates from a friend who is already there.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6120 users online. 403 members and 5717 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X