Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, has anyone done a VRA process? If so how quicker is that process if any?

Comment

• Nero714
      Nero714 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied last june 2019 under vra and received my offer last month. So took around a year. But ive been a federal employee at the same job for 12 years with a security clearance so im thinking that sped up the process

• 813Deputy2b
      813Deputy2b commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied VRA March 2019, poly last month, waiting Backgrounds now. Not quick for me lol, all the best to you

• danny121583
      danny121583 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info guys. Good luck to all!

• GiveAlohaGetLei
      GiveAlohaGetLei commented
      Editing a comment
      From application to the call, it took me ~13 months, mainly because my app had to go to the medical review board where it sat for 7 or 8 months. Aside from that it was like every month was a new step in the process.

• awesome thanks

Comment

• I am trying to get some information on what ports are currently being offered currently and what kind of life outside of work there is. Also not VRA, is it possible to get ATL?

I just took the DT on Wednesday 7/1. Hopefully going to be getting the call soon.

Comment

• Jkeene410
        Jkeene410 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436. Do you know anything about the Atlanta port work life?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Jkeene410

Not really.

Atlanta is a BIG airport. Like most airports, you can probably expect the port to handle mostly people issues and immigration problems.

With the current situation of COVID and the general lack of international flights at the moment, I imagine current work life in Atlanta is all screwed up.

• Jkeene410
        Jkeene410 commented
        Editing a comment
        @merlin436

Thanks for the info. I am essentially debating between going somewhere I know, Nogales, or trying something new with the family.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I spent a day in Nogales about 10 years ago. While that makes me no expert on the port, I did walk away from the place impressed.

Plus, Tucson is my US favourite city.

• Is there a current announcement up? I could only find the VRA posting

Comment

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t think so the latest one closed July 4 or 5. I’ve been checking as well

• JZ71LT
        JZ71LT commented
        Editing a comment
        @I'm a ninja thanks just making sure I'm not missing anything!

• Hello everyone. Wish you guys had a wonderful 4th of July and wish everyone process will goes smooth and faster. LOL...

Comment

• Just got my EOD 1/4

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats, which port you got?

• Jkeene410
          Jkeene410 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nogales AZ

• Is there anyone here that is in class 551 that is supposed to start sep. 10, 2020?

Comment

• camtheman77
          camtheman77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am 552, supposed to start Sep 14 2020. Also curious on what the plan is as my home port said they beleive that the september classes will be kept as is, but then again nobody really knows wth is going on.

• ncavazos
          ncavazos commented
          Editing a comment
          I EODd in April, I'm 531 and still have no idea when I'm going to FLETC. We have classes i think starting from 527 also waiting on dates. Rumors say late August will be when next classes are to go....other rumors have the date of next class not going till October. Not much to do but wait, keep fit, keep healthy, and stay out of trouble lol.

• bchalmers
          bchalmers commented
          Editing a comment
          camtheman77 I also start EOD August 28th and the academy September 14th . I got my final selection letter June 6th. Now I’m waiting for my EOD to see if we are going virtual or in person.

• bchalmers
          bchalmers commented
          Editing a comment
          Klumper23 I also don’t wanna miss hunting season. I got mule deer tags for Idaho. I’m suppose to start the academy September 14th but I know that will get pushed back.

• Anybody familiar with the Calexico port. I EOD there 12/28 any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comment

• CBP FLETC academy is so backed up with sessions waiting to start that there is no longer OFO announcements on USA jobs at the entry GS 5,7,9 level.

Covid19 certainly put a hault on this. Good luck to everyone. We'll get through this.

Comment

• JZ71LT
            JZ71LT commented
            Editing a comment
            Right when I go to apply lol.

• 19-6 JFK. I applied March 2019, 50% since June 2019. Still awaiting a polygraph date. I guess I won’t be looking at an academy until late 2021 - 2022. Smh.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike_lowrey 19-2 JFK @ 50% also still waiting for the polygraph hopefully they start scheduling soon and maybe EOD next summer. Hang in there.

• Ix360xI
            Ix360xI commented
            Editing a comment
            19-8 JFK @ 50% as well seeing people who applied way earlier than I did and are still waiting for poly is very discouraging as I can't wait to leave my current job. GLTA hang in there.

• UchihaMadara
            UchihaMadara commented
            Editing a comment
            It's anyone from 19-5 still here and if so, where are you in the process ?. Hi! I'm from NYC, I got a called asking if I was still interested to continue the process and that he was going to put my name on a list for the POLY. I'm also stuck since 2019, on 50% Still awaiting a polygraph date. To be honest I don't know what to say. Waiting until 2022 for this job is not very realistic, I would have to see any sign to keep me interested in this job because peoples lives changes and sometimes people move on to other things. So, deep down I hope that we hear something before December of this year.

• Tydaddy
            Tydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            19-6. Accepted my offer mid may. EOD 12/14. Alex Bay.

• Anyone in the New England area, specifically Mass, gotten any information about if poly's are being scheduled? I got the generic answer that wasn't helpful at all but sometimes other people are fortunate and get a better answer so I wanted to check here and find out.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            rergang3 did you get contacted by the polygraph division informing you that your file is still active?

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 I haven't heard a single thing at all. I reapplied earlier this spring and am sitting at 50%. Polygraph is next but I haven't had any communication. Should I be contacting someone to make sure everything is ok?

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            It will not hurt to email your BI-case manager just to make sure all or you can email cbp contact center.

• Deleted....
          Last edited by DrigoCBP; 07-08-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Question for anyone who can answer it.

I EOD on 11/13/20 to my POE. I just received my Final Offer letter. In the section for the physical test it states that there is a sit and stretch test. Is this accurate? Last I checked the academy was not doing that test.

Comment

• QJSBlue
              QJSBlue commented
              Editing a comment
              Class 562 here as well! POE: JFK (Queens, NY)

• SonicDust187
              SonicDust187 commented
              Editing a comment
              Class 561, JFK here.

• Jant7
              Jant7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Class 562 as well. JFK.

• Girlcarolina3
              Girlcarolina3 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m class 546. I EOD next week and am excited and ready. A great opportunity and figured we’ll be going through a lot of changes with current events. We’ve held on this long and adapted, so a little longer won’t hurt us. Good luck to everyone

• For the people that have EOD in the last few months what do they have you guys doing at your POE since the academy is so backed up? I EOD in December and suppose to head to GA Jan 11 but I know that’s not happening.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              depend on your poe, some ports have new hires completing on boarding benefits, go to range practice shooting, study agricultural, immigration laws, take tests on computer Yelpmats33 then after 2 weeks or so, they will place you on leave until Fletc, you just need to check in everyday or few times a week depending on your sup

• Yelpmats33
              Yelpmats33 commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP Appreciate the feedback . So if we’re out on leave after those two weeks we’re still being paid correct? I’ll be in Chicago so if anybody is there now wants to give some insight on what you guys are up to it would be appreciated.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Yelpmats33 depend on your sup and your port, some ports have people come in and just hang around...lol but if they do let you stay home until fletc, you still get paid, you have to be available from 0800 to 1600 though or some like that, get with your sup to see if option to EOD at a port closer to your home is available ...could workout better for you...

• danny121583
              danny121583 commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP how do they have some people going to the range? with their own firearms? government issued firearms? etc.?

• Has anybody from the September class heard anything regarding academy dates? Also, if we are scheduled to EOD August any chance they cancel our EOD dates?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              EOD Aug should be good to go. You should receive your final selection email confirming your employment with CBP soon if not already received. Then couple weeks later, you will receive onboarding email with instructions filling out direct deposit, address, benefits, insurance and so on.... Fletc Sept should be delayed till Dec Jan earliest, There are so many classes from Mar till now that still waiting to go... camtheman77

• SmokeScreen07
              SmokeScreen07 commented
              Editing a comment
              camtheman77 I EOD August and currently scheduled for FLECT September (class 552), I received my final selection email a couple of weeks ago. I reached out to my port's (JFK) contact, he stated for now I am still EODing in August. He just wasn't sure if I will be doing the 2 weeks in person or remotely, they're going to reach out when the date gets closer.

V_AntCBP thanks for the insight, even though I really want to go to the Academy and get everything taken care of to start working and learning, I don't mind waiting at this point. I'd rather limit my exposure to hot-spot state's and large groups of individuals from all over the country.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              SmokeScreen07 I feel the same way man...corona can mess one up pretty bad. Young people got infected and died all the time... ... I know someone who runs 13 miles 3 times a week, got corona and it messed him up very bad, he recovered but he can't even finish 2 miles yet..... I hope they find vaccine soon so everything can be back to normal man...

• SmokeScreen07
              SmokeScreen07 commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP Yea it is some scary stuff, I know how it is in these hot-spot states, I was in the heart of the pandemic over here in NYC. I know a lot of people who lost family members and co-workers to it Plus the extra time will help me get back into running, since the pandemic began, I have not gone for a run, let alone done a mile and a half. I'm still a little iffy on running on trials and within the neighborhoods, my goal is to go at zero dark thirty, when everyone else is still asleep. Keep safe and stay frosty.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4629 users online. 283 members and 4346 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X