Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hm with the cases increasing I don't see them opening up polygraphs anytime soon in NJ/NY. At this rate in another 2 years I'll vest at my current job, I wonder what will happen first.
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair Yeah, I see that happening, plus the airports are slow and now they even send officers over to the border for 2 months from NJ/NY ports.

• GilE1788
      GilE1788 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is what it seems like another surge in cases of Covid-19 nationally then we are stuck in the hiring process for months now, might not hear back anytime soon until we have a vaccine I guess it is what it is, got to be patient and positive, for now I will keep doing what am doing and probably invest in a different career.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay positive it will happen. I live not too far from the airport myself and they are landing and taking off more often now so it’s just a matter of time.

• I received a phone call today to schedule the polygraph in Illinois.

Comment

• moquito26
      moquito26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Picasso, is the location in Chicago? That's where I had my first poly. If that's the case, there's a nice holiday inn right across the street from the customs house that has fairly inexpensive parking for the area. Not too many free parking spots around. Good luck!

• picasso100
      picasso100 commented
      Editing a comment
      moquito26 good to know, thank you

• bmak18
      bmak18 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also Chicago here. I live near the airports so that’s my port of choice. Still waiting for the poly but glad to know it’ll likely be in my area

• danny121583
      danny121583 commented
      Editing a comment
      bmak18 did you ask for Chicago as your port or the vacancy announcement had that as one of the options. I just started my process but hope to be able to pick Chicago. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

• Paperwork in to skip the poly has been submitted. Not sure how quick that'll speed it up but being in a backed up AOR for polys but hoping to get a final offer by the end of the year.

Comment

• standtheman Los Angeles brother you knew it.. I really worry about the scheduling will be delaying until next year because of rising cases in CA.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        pretty sure we will have to have for another year lol

• EODGS I guess north virginia is kind of safe due to decreasing covid cases...

Comment

• I finally got the call guys and gals! My EOD is 12/28 and my academy start date is Jan 13th! I went with Calexico because they were offering the 33% hiring incentive! So excited all the hiring things are done it’s been over 2 yrs! Everyone just hang in there and keep your eye on the prize.

Comment

• Nero714
          Nero714 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats i eod dec 21st fletc jan 11. I chose san luis port but i dont get the 33% incentive because im currently a federal employee

• Just got my final selection letter today!
        any one part of class no. CBPOBT-560

Comment

• commandostyle
          commandostyle commented
          Editing a comment
          class 560 here also. maybe the high class number is a result of the classes cut in half?

is it just me or was it satisfying to finally see your Cass at 100% after checking it days at a time to see if something changed lol

see you guys in November hopefully *fingers crossed*

• NYcadet20
          NYcadet20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey guys! I am also apart of class no. 560.

• Bay recruit
          Bay recruit commented
          Editing a comment
          558 here!!!

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in class #558

• There is still light at the end of the tunnel, I just got my SI rescheduled in Minneapolis, I know it is a long road, but at least it is coming along slowly with some positivity.

Comment

• they start limiting on how many applicant start july, wonder why

Comment

• Florida_Man
            Florida_Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe because they are so behind and can’t keep
            up. It’s about time they do this.. I’m one of the few still waiting for a polygraph after applying 18 months ago..

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Florida_Man I’m with right with you brother still waiting for the polygraph exam since April 2019. Stay positive.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            That use to be how it was a few years ago. They had a limited amount they'd accept and if you made it cool, and if you didn't then you wait till the next announcement.

• Hello everyone,

I EOD in Newark later this month. Does anyone know any good areas to live around there with decent rent prices or any other good areas that have a reasonable commute?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Anywhere north or west is solid. Good towns south too. Stay away from orange, east orange, Elizabeth, irvington and Newark and you'll be fine.

• Turboboigti
            Turboboigti commented
            Editing a comment
            I would look at towns that are close to I-78, very easy commute to EWR.

• Kevin1234
            Kevin1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            redfish112 what's your session #

• redfish112
            redfish112 commented
            Editing a comment
            Kevin1234 547 I believe

• Anyone have info on how life is at the Georgia academy atm, i've heard it's a fluster cluck... any details on what I should take with me and leave at home/just get shipped to me in the mail?

Comment

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a soup sandwich that's for sure.

How long will you be here? When do you come in? It just depends on what you're expecting to do while you're here because there isn't much other than the new G-Field-Bar and walk/run and sit around. CBP is the only agency not on a 6 day work schedule so most other agencies are staying pretty busy trying to push everyone out as fast as possible.

The restrictions will vary and ease up eventually I would assume. The dumbest thing going on right now is that they aren't allowing anyone to use the gym to workout after work hours or on the weekend. You can workout outside in the rust box, track, and obstacle course stuff. I brought a pair of kettlebells and do my own thing.

The locker rooms are nicer since CBP has their own locker room, CITP has their own. The chow hall isn't better because the place isn't as crowded and you're not fighting for place to sit or waiting 20 mins in line.

• The light at the end of the tunnel is finally here. After not hearing from them soon after the polygraph I lost hope. I received the call 9 months later and selected Philadelphia.

Timeline

CBP Hiring Process 19-9

13th June 19 - Applied

18th June 19 - Notice of Results

18th June 18 Structured Interview Current from last application

27th June 19 - Medical

5th September 19 - Polygraph

17th June 20 - BI Cleared

23rd June 20 - Drug Test

25th June 20 - Final Call ✅

EOD – 28th December 2020

FLETC – January 13th - May 19th

Duty Location: Philadelphia, PA
          Last edited by Jmarti0201; 07-02-2020, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jmarti0201 congratulations hopefully this is sign for those of us that are still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

• Houston713
            Houston713 commented
            Editing a comment
            See ya there bro. EOD: 12/28 Fletc: 1/13- 5/19 Location: New Orleans

• Florida_Man
            Florida_Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Gave up hope? Lol the whole process took you one year! Congrats

• Does anyone know how long is eQip good for? ... i accepted an offer a couple of months ago for gs 7 and reapplied last week for gs 9 and got it approved... was wondering if i would have to re-certify my equip. I eod in a few weeks so i was hoping i could finish it before then
          Last edited by DrigoCBP; 07-02-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Flapeeps
            Flapeeps commented
            Editing a comment
            You should be fine. I took offer in march for gs7 then applied for 9 in may. Was approved before the job even closed on usajobs and they called me about 9 in june the day after i got my letter. They asked if i wanted to change location or eod date and i said no. She said everything was good to go. I told my wife and showed her, the phone call lasted 36 seconds.
            Last edited by Flapeeps; 07-03-2020, 01:19 AM.

• DrigoCBP
            DrigoCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Thats what worries me though, i got my offer letter a couple of weeks ago and i EOD in 3 weeks ... i hope i get a call from the hiring center w the new pay grade before then. Flapeeps

• Flapeeps
            Flapeeps commented
            Editing a comment
            Just keep checking usajobs. I just looked. I applied on may 12 and was selected may 20. The call was mid june but selection was before that

• DrigoCBP
            DrigoCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know! Thanks for the info Flapeeps

• Is anyone else scheduled to go to FLETC on 12/1?

Comment

• USMCJJ
            USMCJJ commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m scheduled for that class too! Not sure if they will be able to keep the timeline though.

• I finally received an offer on Wednesday and will be heading to Chicago, January 2021. Academy January-May.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
            DrigoCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats !!!

• scotty_appleton814
            scotty_appleton814 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats !!!!!

• bmak18
            bmak18 commented
            Editing a comment
            Which class? Chicago area also

• danny121583
            danny121583 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi guys, were you able to pick Chicago as your port even if it was not on the announcement/job posting? Hoping I can pick Chicago since I live in the area. Thanks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5208 users online. 308 members and 4900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X