Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if you only get locality pay for first 3 years at your port or is locality pay for each year of service. Also does the locality pay count towards retirement or is it only base pay that counts towards retirement.

Comment

• natural
      natural commented
      Editing a comment
      You receive locality pay every pay period based on where you are assigned.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The incentive pay is only for the first few years. Locality pay is dependent on location and lasts forever.

Base pay, plus locality, and, if you can work it, up to 1/2 of the cap in overtime(currently...what amounts to 22.5K) adds up to retirement creditable income.

Under usual situations, counting on overtime availability is often a futile and exacerbating experience. In today's world, I wouldn't figure on much in overtime overall...not at least until the COVID driven situation returns to normal.

• Bad post...

Comment

• standtheman did you ever hear back from OPR when you sent them an email to [email protected]

Comment

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent them an email 2 days ago, and nothing.

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        not yet... i guess they too busy ? or just don`t want to answer mine question since i have been bugging hiring center and recruiters almost every 2 3 months LOL

• For those who received NOPA, how long after receiving your ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF ADVISEMENT Letter did you get a GREEN check on Cass...Thank you

Comment

• Is CBP no longer hiring gs-5?

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes and no.

Yes in DH for the southwest border. No for general announcements because that's not where the need is for officers, especially those coming in with less experience then maybe a GS7 or GS9.

I'm sure at some point it'll change again

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          @tsfrost thank you, i was wondering what happened to gs-5 general announcements. I’m guessing CBP has upped the requirements to get hired.

• Any California applicants received polygraph appointment recently?

Comment

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          i want to know too since i have been waiting more than 1 year and almost 2 years already

• Originally posted by TsFost View Post
        Yes and no.

Yes in DH for the southwest border. No for general announcements because that's not where the need is for officers, especially those coming in with less experience then maybe a GS7 or GS9.

I'm sure at some point it'll change again
        But they are still hiring for all announcements thats what the call I received 2 weeks ago and to be patient regarding the hiring process, it does not matter what announcement is, hiring for all positions and announcements.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          For those that got their applications in prior yes. People applying now will be whos affected by it pretty much

• Originally posted by TsFost View Post
        For those that got their applications in prior yes. People applying now will be whos affected by it pretty much
        Ah ok that makes much more sense.

Comment

• I EOD 24 Dec. Headed to Atlanta. The VRA process took sometime. Anyone else in here with the same EOD date? Also heard the offer letter likely to arrive Nov 2020..ish. Anyone here of negotiating prior-service (military) for a step increase? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
            Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Prior military dont qual you for a step increase. Aside from certain MOS or Duty positions that auto qualify for 9 step 1. I don't think there is any military relevant experience that would qualify as "exceptional" that would warrant above 9 step 1. Also OPM policies on step increase for matching previous federal jobs, specifically says military pay don't count.
            Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 06-24-2020, 10:34 PM.

• Flapeeps
            Flapeeps commented
            Editing a comment
            I received my letter June 16 for a Sept. 24 EOD

• Thanks for the quick response. That clears up a few things. I look forward to beginning my next career with CBP.

Comment

• Applied for CBP early last year at the same time as ICE. The ICE position was for a specific office.

Took the polygraph for ICE on October 2019 and passed. In November CBP called to take the polygraph I asked them if the polygraph for ICE could count. They said I can fill out a polygraph reciprocity form, which I did. Have not heard back from them again. I feel like that polygraph reciprocity form was a huge mistake.

Last month ICE rescinded their offer because my background was taking too long and they need that position filled right away.

Any advice? It feels like if my reciprocity form was going to be approved they would have let me know by now.

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              I've passed a poly as well and now I'm debating putting that form in. I've been waiting almost a year anyway. Who did you contact for that form?

• Just got a call today for locations. I’m deciding between Detroit, Alexandria Bay, San Fran, Newark and Boston. Any suggestions which you think are a good choice. Any of these ports have good overtime?

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              SF.

Seriously, if overtime is the only consideration, SF, Newark and Detroit lead. Boston and A-Bay trail behind.

Having said that, a motivated person will probably find enough OT at any of those ports.

Having, having said that, with the current situation in the world and the resulting lack of traffic and fee collections...past performances in overtime may not reflect present realities and you just might find yourself looking for overtime that just isn't there...especially in secondary ports like A-Bay and those major airports most affected.

• Tydaddy
              Tydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Do your due diligence on SF. Theres a specific thread here or on the delphi forums that implies a lot of ratial bias if you're not of a particular race.

• Still waiting...
            last step was interview April 2019.
            waiting on poly (nyc)
            got a call few weeks ago asking if I’m still interested and that all classes were full for 2020. That due to the pandemic things will be picking up slowly. Don’t know how accurate he was, but he called from a Texas number and then an email followed.
            Idk if any else had that call/email.

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mike2686 I’m with you on that I took my SI at JFK back in April 2019 and this April 2020 I received a call from Texas polygraph unit. I was asked if I am still interested in pursuing a career with CBPO and I said yes and was informed that my application and file is active and will be contacted for the polygraph exam once it becomes available.
              Last edited by fonzi7979; 06-25-2020, 01:28 PM.

• Mike2686
              Mike2686 commented
              Editing a comment
              fonzi7979 I feel you on that, it seems long as hell

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can say that again between the govt shutdown and now the pandemic it’s going to be a while but hopefully we get the call and if I have to travel to complete this exam I will. Keep us posted.

• Comment

• fonzi7979 Hey brother you still haven't receive anything for poly? I have seen a lot of people who got calls in Texas.

Comment

• fonzi7979
                fonzi7979 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing yet except for that phone call back in April I have take it with a grain of salt and be patient. Unfortunately we are only at phase 2 here in NYC for reopening so hopefully within the next 30 days things get back on track.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4732 users online. 327 members and 4405 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X