Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any California applicants received polygraph appointment recently?

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      i want to know too since i have been waiting more than 1 year and almost 2 years already

• Originally posted by TsFost View Post
    Yes and no.

Yes in DH for the southwest border. No for general announcements because that's not where the need is for officers, especially those coming in with less experience then maybe a GS7 or GS9.

I'm sure at some point it'll change again
    But they are still hiring for all announcements thats what the call I received 2 weeks ago and to be patient regarding the hiring process, it does not matter what announcement is, hiring for all positions and announcements.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      For those that got their applications in prior yes. People applying now will be whos affected by it pretty much

• Originally posted by TsFost View Post
    For those that got their applications in prior yes. People applying now will be whos affected by it pretty much
    Ah ok that makes much more sense.

Comment

• I EOD 24 Dec. Headed to Atlanta. The VRA process took sometime. Anyone else in here with the same EOD date? Also heard the offer letter likely to arrive Nov 2020..ish. Anyone here of negotiating prior-service (military) for a step increase? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Prior military dont qual you for a step increase. Aside from certain MOS or Duty positions that auto qualify for 9 step 1. I don't think there is any military relevant experience that would qualify as "exceptional" that would warrant above 9 step 1. Also OPM policies on step increase for matching previous federal jobs, specifically says military pay don't count.
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 06-24-2020, 11:34 PM.

• Flapeeps
        Flapeeps commented
        Editing a comment
        I received my letter June 16 for a Sept. 24 EOD

• Thanks for the quick response. That clears up a few things. I look forward to beginning my next career with CBP.

Comment

• Applied for CBP early last year at the same time as ICE. The ICE position was for a specific office.

Took the polygraph for ICE on October 2019 and passed. In November CBP called to take the polygraph I asked them if the polygraph for ICE could count. They said I can fill out a polygraph reciprocity form, which I did. Have not heard back from them again. I feel like that polygraph reciprocity form was a huge mistake.

Last month ICE rescinded their offer because my background was taking too long and they need that position filled right away.

Any advice? It feels like if my reciprocity form was going to be approved they would have let me know by now.

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          I've passed a poly as well and now I'm debating putting that form in. I've been waiting almost a year anyway. Who did you contact for that form?

• Just got a call today for locations. I’m deciding between Detroit, Alexandria Bay, San Fran, Newark and Boston. Any suggestions which you think are a good choice. Any of these ports have good overtime?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          SF.

Seriously, if overtime is the only consideration, SF, Newark and Detroit lead. Boston and A-Bay trail behind.

Having said that, a motivated person will probably find enough OT at any of those ports.

Having, having said that, with the current situation in the world and the resulting lack of traffic and fee collections...past performances in overtime may not reflect present realities and you just might find yourself looking for overtime that just isn't there...especially in secondary ports like A-Bay and those major airports most affected.

• Tydaddy
          Tydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Do your due diligence on SF. Theres a specific thread here or on the delphi forums that implies a lot of ratial bias if you're not of a particular race.

• Still waiting...
        last step was interview April 2019.
        waiting on poly (nyc)
        got a call few weeks ago asking if I’m still interested and that all classes were full for 2020. That due to the pandemic things will be picking up slowly. Don’t know how accurate he was, but he called from a Texas number and then an email followed.
        Idk if any else had that call/email.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike2686 I’m with you on that I took my SI at JFK back in April 2019 and this April 2020 I received a call from Texas polygraph unit. I was asked if I am still interested in pursuing a career with CBPO and I said yes and was informed that my application and file is active and will be contacted for the polygraph exam once it becomes available.
          Last edited by fonzi7979; 06-25-2020, 02:28 PM.

• Mike2686
          Mike2686 commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 I feel you on that, it seems long as hell

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can say that again between the govt shutdown and now the pandemic it’s going to be a while but hopefully we get the call and if I have to travel to complete this exam I will. Keep us posted.

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• fonzi7979 Hey brother you still haven't receive anything for poly? I have seen a lot of people who got calls in Texas.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing yet except for that phone call back in April I have take it with a grain of salt and be patient. Unfortunately we are only at phase 2 here in NYC for reopening so hopefully within the next 30 days things get back on track.

• Does anyknow know if they'll accept a poly from DEA in 2020 and if so who I'd contact about this?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I emailed them so just waiting to see what they say.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Just got an email back. They listed all the accepted ones. Hoping this speeds up my process tremendously!

• DThomasNYPD
            DThomasNYPD commented
            Editing a comment
            nonotnow can you please send me that email you got from them ? I would love to know which polys they reciprocate. PM me please

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            For anyone else reading this,its a lot of federal ones.

• EOD: 12/28 Location:New Orleans.
          Last edited by Houston713; 06-27-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Question: If I EOD July 1st, when should I expect my first check? Will I see a check in July or should I assume it'll be until August? Insight please.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
              Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Either the 13th or the 27th of July. Depends on how quickly your paperwork is processed. Most likely the 13th though It would be a short check (3 days). Your first full pay period will be the 5th-18th with a July 27th pay date. Official pay dates are typically Mondays, however some banks will deposit as early Friday whenever the EFT actually happens.
              Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 06-25-2020, 07:59 PM.

• 210CBPO
              210CBPO commented
              Editing a comment
              Dodge_Guy19-4 thanks for the feedback. It's good to know.

• If you are a veteran and was only graded as a GS 5 adjust your resume and reapply! I am in the process for gs5 and kept getting denied and today I received my offer for GS9

Comment

• DrigoCBP
              DrigoCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              I was in the military active duty and only got accepted for GS-7 . I did Field Artillery and they say you needed to be military police to qualify for gs 9 ... however i’ve seen others get gs9 and they weren’t MPs.. i guess its a hit or miss.

• Yshaban
              Yshaban commented
              Editing a comment
              fonzi7979 I'm 20-4 VRA, hoping process goes fast I recieved that email telling me if I'm interested still and would be scheduled in the near future forthe poly so hopefully it wont take long.
              DrigoCBP just keep applying and editing your resume include every little detail that you think is relevant, I was active duty aswell and I was Motor T

• DrigoCBP
              DrigoCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              I will try again. Thanks for the info !

• Flapeeps
              Flapeeps commented
              Editing a comment
              I applied for 9 in 2018 got rejected and reapplied for 5/7 immediately. I was finally offered 5/7 in mar 2020. And in may 2020 reapplied for 9 with resume adjustments, for 9 and approved almost immediately. I received the eod letter june 16 and called a few days later with the 9 offer. Before i could even ask they asked me if i wanted to keep my eod and location which i said yes to. Not sure if i will get an updated letter but it doesnt hurt to apply for 9 again but on ur resume highlight any security or leo background info. Hope this helps everyone

• 19-3 here, had my poly yesterday, got final results today that I passed! Keep hope and prayers ladies and gents. Dunno how much longer it’ll be, UNLIKE many, my time was actually short. 16 mos from start to poly finish.
            USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
            Oorah!

Comment

• 813Deputy2b
              813Deputy2b commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks man, I’m in metro Atlanta.

• DenaliCBP
              DenaliCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              That is great news! Congrats! I did my SI in ATL and requested ATL for my poly. 20-1 at 50% here.

• standtheman
              standtheman commented
              Editing a comment
              Great to hear that Georgia is re opening their poly...

• 813Deputy2b
              813Deputy2b commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks gents! Most def!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3935 users online. 277 members and 3658 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X