Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero714, oh that’s pretty quick. Good to hear

Comment

• I heard about my waiver for border patrol agent. Denied. Not entirely sure if that carries over to CBPO, but id imagine it does. I'll reapply for another announcement and give it a go again. Good luck everyone!
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo_17 View Post
        Think things are starting to pick back up in the CBP hiring process with this Covid-19 starting to go down. Just got a call for the drug test. Does anyone know about how long after the drug test until a final offer is made?
        You get a call 5-10 business days

Comment

• Anyone currently at the Hidalgo POE? I need some help reaching my point of contact so we can discuss my EOD date.
          Last edited by jdop7; 06-23-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• 210CBPO
            210CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            I had no luck reaching mine either, but the training center reached out to me and gave me my reporting time. He said i didn't need to contact my POC anymore.

• jdop7
            jdop7 commented
            Editing a comment
            210CBPO yeah I actually just got off the phone with him. I called several numbers and was transferred several times, but I made it! haha

• EOD: 12/28 Location: New Orleans..

Anybody in the same boat?
          Last edited by Houston713; 06-27-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Deleted...
            Last edited by kayro; 07-29-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• UD007
              UD007 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was in the same boat as you ...a month ago. It’s freaking stressful, I was terrified. I honestly thought it would’ve have been the end of the road for me...PM, I’ll be more than happy to help

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              The BP applicant board at Delphi Forums used to keep keep several sucessful NOPA templates there as needed for the many BP applicants who have had a need for them over the
              years.

I'd look there for guidance.

• Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the CASS application status?
            Im announcement 19-4. Waiting polygraph for sfo

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
              SAS-CBPO commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine said I had no active applications.

• StevenMal
              StevenMal commented
              Editing a comment
              19-4 here as well. Waiting for my poly appointment

• Whats your announcement and what stage are you on?

Comment

• StevenMal
              StevenMal commented
              Editing a comment
              19-4 announcement and 50% on my application waiting for polygraph

• I don’t even remember...I’ve been in the process since September of 2018..I was pretty much done with everything except my BI...I got hit with NOPA last month..Responded a 14 days later. And I received the good yesterday, stated that I was found suitable.

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats there is light at the end of tunnel. It gives us all hope to continue this long process

• UD007 Thank you. I PM you

Comment

• Does anyone know if you only get locality pay for first 3 years at your port or is locality pay for each year of service. Also does the locality pay count towards retirement or is it only base pay that counts towards retirement.

Comment

• natural
                natural commented
                Editing a comment
                You receive locality pay every pay period based on where you are assigned.

• merlin436
                merlin436 commented
                Editing a comment
                The incentive pay is only for the first few years. Locality pay is dependent on location and lasts forever.

Base pay, plus locality, and, if you can work it, up to 1/2 of the cap in overtime(currently...what amounts to 22.5K) adds up to retirement creditable income.

Under usual situations, counting on overtime availability is often a futile and exacerbating experience. In today's world, I wouldn't figure on much in overtime overall...not at least until the COVID driven situation returns to normal.

• Bad post...

Comment

• standtheman did you ever hear back from OPR when you sent them an email to [email protected]

Comment

• Turboboigti
                  Turboboigti commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I sent them an email 2 days ago, and nothing.

• standtheman
                  standtheman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  not yet... i guess they too busy ? or just don`t want to answer mine question since i have been bugging hiring center and recruiters almost every 2 3 months LOL

• For those who received NOPA, how long after receiving your ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF ADVISEMENT Letter did you get a GREEN check on Cass...Thank you

Comment

• Is CBP no longer hiring gs-5?

Comment

• TsFost
                    TsFost commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes and no.

Yes in DH for the southwest border. No for general announcements because that's not where the need is for officers, especially those coming in with less experience then maybe a GS7 or GS9.

I'm sure at some point it'll change again

• Mike_lowrey
                    Mike_lowrey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @tsfrost thank you, i was wondering what happened to gs-5 general announcements. I’m guessing CBP has upped the requirements to get hired.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3927 users online. 273 members and 3654 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X