300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..deleted .......
    Last edited by kc.lin55; 06-16-2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      You probably dont want to post exact dates in an open forum like that.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      kc.lin55 congratulations to getting through this long process. What announcement are you in?

• I EOD July 1st. question: when should I contact my POC and will he/she tell me what my wardrobe should be? TIA

Comment

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      When you get the email with the POC's contact info. They'll tell you everything you need to know.

• SpinyNorman83
      SpinyNorman83 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should wear business attire (business suit) as I met the Port Director on the first day for the swearing in ceremony. There are going to be other CPO's there and you want to present yourself well and I would advise you to email your POC because my POC didn't even know I was showing up on a Monday until I got in contact with him the previous Friday.

• I got the call today!!!! I selected Chicago O’Hare so if anyone here also selected Chicago lets connect I EOD 24 December 20.

Timeline

CBP Hiring Process VRA 19-9

29 June 19 - Applied

10 July 19 - Notice of Results

20 May 17 (Still current from last application) - Structured Interview

11 July 19 - Medical

24 July 19 (submitted current Air Force PT) - PFT

17 November 19 - Polygraph

04 June 20 - BI Cleared

09 June 20 - Drug Test

15 June 20 - Final Call

EOD – 24 December 2020

FLETC – January 11 - May 17

Duty Location: Chicago, IL

I wish everyone the best of luck through this long process and hope to see you at FLETC

Comment

• Yelpmats33
      Yelpmats33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nero714 Awesome see you there! wheres your POE?

• Yelpmats33
      Yelpmats33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bentley32 Hang in there it will come. The VRA postings move pretty fast compared to the regular postings and I also hold a current TS/SCI so it helps with the background.

• Nero714
      Nero714 commented
      Editing a comment
      San luis az

• danny121583
      danny121583 commented
      Editing a comment
      @yelpmats33...with the VRA process did they let you pick whatever location you wanted? I’m also VRA but just received tentative offer.

• So my port called me today and told me to report back from W&S leave tomorrow, and to prepare for FLETC. No date given today, but wondering if i'll hear one soon. Have they even gotten dates for all the classes that had to leave early?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      SpinyNorman83 yea i had an April 14th date originally as well.

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess as soon as 508 - 512 graduates you'll be coming down. You're not far behind. The first transition takes place July 29th... You're almost there !!!

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost the session sup for 526 (pretty sure he said 526) told me the are doing it in Charleston and he starts that class in August.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      invertedPanda August 3rd is their day to be there i believe. Im guessing ill receive my dates mid July at this rate for a mid August start

• Hey,
    so I’m 19-2, been sitting at 50% since March 2018,
    but recently re certified my EQIP, so now I’m at 38%, and I guess I gotta do fingerprints again.
    im doing that monday.

also got an email that I have a new case manager now.

think these are signs that my poly could be coming soon ? In the NYC area

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      DThomasNYPD you can say that again. I’m also in 19-2 still awaiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam too. Keep us posted.

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      well. 19-3 waitting for so long. i just heard the news that some states arizona, nevada, texas are opening back their polygraph and san francisco also opening up by the end of this month.. hopefully we will be scheduled by then

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is good to hear keep us posted. Good luck to all with the polygraph exam.

• Cleared my medical yesterday... now the waiting begins for the poly

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations and welcome to the club. Good luck and keep us posted.

• standtheman wow that is an absolutely good news for current applicants but I really doubt will they reopen polygraph scheduling so fast in CA due to pandemic. The numbers are keep rising these days.

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      captain2008 i doubt on that too lol... but who know since our president and governor wants to keep businesses open LOL. i hope when they do open back in SF, they will allow me to drive there since im living in LA... if you don`t might i am asking where do you live and applying to ?

• For those that EOD'd. Did you complete your paperwork on OPM Manager, or did you wait to complete it when you EOD'd? I'm getting conflicting directions.

Comment

• ProtoCBP
      ProtoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      You just complete the questionnaire. The questionnaire fills in the required documents. Once you EOD, you’ll go through each document and submit it. Whoever handles your paperwork should help you with the health and life insurance or whatever else you’re unsure of from the questionnaire.

• Thank you! I think with them having me swear-in via the web from home, then changing it to in-person..... I think they gave me two sets of contradictory instructions by mistake.

Comment

• To all current applicants awaiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. I am wondering if anyone has been scheduled for their exam. Any feedback is always greatly appreciated and good luck to all with this long hiring process.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        couple states are opening back up... so fingers cross

• EODGS
        EODGS commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just scheduled my SI for the beginning of July in Northern Virginia. It's not a poly exam but shows things are starting up again.

• captain2008
        captain2008 commented
        Editing a comment
        So far from what I have know, most applicants who recently took poly are from Michigan, Texas, and Georgia.

• standtheman lol, I am living in the same location as you man. I really hope they can start scheduling us as soon as possible even if they want me to go to SF for the exam.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        captain2008: oh yea. i m willing to drive to sf too lol... hopefully they really start re opening polygraph in sf

• Hey all, I’m new to this forum. I was hoping one of you could answer a couple questions. I started the CBP process about 2 years ago and have completed everything up until the background which has been in progress for some time now. Do any of you know how long the BI takes before we can potentially receive a final offer? Also if I were to apply to a different port would I have to go through the whole process all over again? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply’s guys. thelonelybum I met with my BI who talked with my neighbors and employers about 4/5 months ago.

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP I’m not to familiar with the difference between direct hire and regular announcement. It’s been a while since I applied but I believe I originally applied for direct hire for southern border but then talked with my recruiter after the structured interview and I reapplied for what I am assuming is a regular announcement for a position in the North East

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Buffalo_17 DH announcement, you WILL have to pick a SW border location (NM, TX, AZ, Southern CA). They won't offer you anything else. Regular announcement, you will be offered pretty much ALL locations available. VRA announcement, you will be offered ALL locations, even the one that is not opened, they will make a request to open it for you. If you have an Regular announcement already, you are good to go. No need to reapply again.

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP Gotcha, that makes sense. Thank you

• Anyone know, how long after passing the poly, the process is ? Or I’m assuming it’s generally unknown.
      USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
      Oorah!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        813Deputy2b eqip is just the info you give them, they have to verify if those info are true, background is expensive that's why they have to wait until after poly to start background, because supposedly 70% applicants fail poly, there is still option to eod before background is completed, but you are right, Corona probably killed it, also, not many people get granted provisional clearance, anyway, just hang in there bro, you are almost done, there are still people have been waiting 1 plus year just for poly... Good luck man,

• 813Deputy2b
        813Deputy2b commented
        Editing a comment
        @V_AnyCBP that’s fair enough, just a different way of doing it. I know when I applied to police departments they did backgrounds first, then poly, psych, medical, etc.

• Rubicon
        Rubicon commented
        Editing a comment
        813Deputy2b the background in CBP is also for security clearance, it's the most expensive step of the process, so it's saved for last.

• 813Deputy2b
        813Deputy2b commented
        Editing a comment
        Rubicon thanks, that Makes a ton of sense then!

• I got a call from my local port, but wasn't able tio answer. Now I'm trying to call back and no answer eod 7/01/20

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Man,I know it's frustrating... I'm waiting for them to tell me where I'm reporting too... They told me I could report locally but that's it... No confirm from anybody...

• @fronzi7979 @crosair please pm me. i have something that we can try regarding our polygraph and background check since we have been waiting so long
      Last edited by standtheman; 06-19-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4830 users online. 328 members and 4502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X