• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleared my medical yesterday... now the waiting begins for the poly

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations and welcome to the club. Good luck and keep us posted.

• standtheman wow that is an absolutely good news for current applicants but I really doubt will they reopen polygraph scheduling so fast in CA due to pandemic. The numbers are keep rising these days.

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      captain2008 i doubt on that too lol... but who know since our president and governor wants to keep businesses open LOL. i hope when they do open back in SF, they will allow me to drive there since im living in LA... if you don`t might i am asking where do you live and applying to ?

• For those that EOD'd. Did you complete your paperwork on OPM Manager, or did you wait to complete it when you EOD'd? I'm getting conflicting directions.

Comment

• ProtoCBP
      ProtoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      You just complete the questionnaire. The questionnaire fills in the required documents. Once you EOD, you’ll go through each document and submit it. Whoever handles your paperwork should help you with the health and life insurance or whatever else you’re unsure of from the questionnaire.

• Thank you! I think with them having me swear-in via the web from home, then changing it to in-person..... I think they gave me two sets of contradictory instructions by mistake.

Comment

• To all current applicants awaiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. I am wondering if anyone has been scheduled for their exam. Any feedback is always greatly appreciated and good luck to all with this long hiring process.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        couple states are opening back up... so fingers cross

• EODGS
        EODGS commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just scheduled my SI for the beginning of July in Northern Virginia. It's not a poly exam but shows things are starting up again.

• captain2008
        captain2008 commented
        Editing a comment
        So far from what I have know, most applicants who recently took poly are from Michigan, Texas, and Georgia.

• standtheman lol, I am living in the same location as you man. I really hope they can start scheduling us as soon as possible even if they want me to go to SF for the exam.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        captain2008: oh yea. i m willing to drive to sf too lol... hopefully they really start re opening polygraph in sf

• Hey all, I’m new to this forum. I was hoping one of you could answer a couple questions. I started the CBP process about 2 years ago and have completed everything up until the background which has been in progress for some time now. Do any of you know how long the BI takes before we can potentially receive a final offer? Also if I were to apply to a different port would I have to go through the whole process all over again? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply’s guys. thelonelybum I met with my BI who talked with my neighbors and employers about 4/5 months ago.

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP I’m not to familiar with the difference between direct hire and regular announcement. It’s been a while since I applied but I believe I originally applied for direct hire for southern border but then talked with my recruiter after the structured interview and I reapplied for what I am assuming is a regular announcement for a position in the North East

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Buffalo_17 DH announcement, you WILL have to pick a SW border location (NM, TX, AZ, Southern CA). They won't offer you anything else. Regular announcement, you will be offered pretty much ALL locations available. VRA announcement, you will be offered ALL locations, even the one that is not opened, they will make a request to open it for you. If you have an Regular announcement already, you are good to go. No need to reapply again.

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP Gotcha, that makes sense. Thank you

• Anyone know, how long after passing the poly, the process is ? Or I’m assuming it’s generally unknown.
      USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
      Oorah!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        813Deputy2b eqip is just the info you give them, they have to verify if those info are true, background is expensive that's why they have to wait until after poly to start background, because supposedly 70% applicants fail poly, there is still option to eod before background is completed, but you are right, Corona probably killed it, also, not many people get granted provisional clearance, anyway, just hang in there bro, you are almost done, there are still people have been waiting 1 plus year just for poly... Good luck man,

• 813Deputy2b
        813Deputy2b commented
        Editing a comment
        @V_AnyCBP that’s fair enough, just a different way of doing it. I know when I applied to police departments they did backgrounds first, then poly, psych, medical, etc.

• Rubicon
        Rubicon commented
        Editing a comment
        813Deputy2b the background in CBP is also for security clearance, it's the most expensive step of the process, so it's saved for last.

• 813Deputy2b
        813Deputy2b commented
        Editing a comment
        Rubicon thanks, that Makes a ton of sense then!

• I got a call from my local port, but wasn't able tio answer. Now I'm trying to call back and no answer eod 7/01/20

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Man,I know it's frustrating... I'm waiting for them to tell me where I'm reporting too... They told me I could report locally but that's it... No confirm from anybody...

• @fronzi7979 @crosair please pm me. i have something that we can try regarding our polygraph and background check since we have been waiting so long
      Last edited by standtheman; 06-19-2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Anyone has received polygraph appointment recently? Any California applicants?

Comment

• JL85
        JL85 commented
        Editing a comment
        20-4 here and nothing yet. I had my SI in CA but nothing yet for the poly yet.

• CBPO 19-3 for JFK been at 50% for a while anyone from this notice waiting on polygraph examination as well? Thanks in advance
      Last edited by tusky06; 06-19-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        19-6 NYC waiting since June 2019

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 Remember you do not need to, or will take your Poly in NYC. I took mine in MA back this past January, and I'm from downstate NY. They can call or email any day, offering for you to take it at any location within a 5 hour commute of your home location.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        SmokeScreen07 hey thanks for the reminder just taking everything with a grain of salt and hoping for the best. Good luck to you hope to see you one day at port.

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 You're welcome, and thank you. I finally finished the entire process last week. You guys should be getting calls soon, just stay positive.

• Is there any soCal applicants with EOD date ??
      Last edited by joseroberto60x; 06-22-2020, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Anyone at FLETC in Georgia know how flexible the dining is with menu options? I have a minor wheat and soy allergy and I hope there is at least a good amount of vegetable options for lunch and dinner.

Comment

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll need to submit some info and write a memo about your allergy restrictions. When it gets approved you'll get a different badge that will block you from eating in the chow but you'll get per diem to buy food and it's a lot more than the $5 a day.

Or you could just eat the rice and vegetables at chow.

• redfish112
          redfish112 commented
          Editing a comment
          jdop7 invertedPanda I have a similar dietary issue. I EOD in July. Would I want to contact my POC at my port or the hiring center about this.

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          redfish112 I would probably wait until you do preacademy and tell them, they might be able to get the ball rolling then. Then again it might not hurt to tell your POC, they might have done this stuff before. Either way.

• Think things are starting to pick back up in the CBP hiring process with this Covid-19 starting to go down. Just got a call for the drug test. Does anyone know about how long after the drug test until a final offer is made?

Comment

• Nero714
          Nero714 commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually got my final offer 2 days after i took my drug test. It took a out 10 days to get drug test to feflect on the app

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 273 members and 3634 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X