Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey yall, any CBPO DH 18-6 out there??? I finally got the call this past Monday and I am excited to say I EOD on Dec. 14 for Lukeville, AZ.
    I was kind of surprised when I was told that I have to spend 2 weeks there before I begin at FLETC, since I do not recall seeing that I have to do that and cover all of my expenses!
    Is that something new in place becasue of the pandemic or has this been done before?? I also could use some help finding accomodations if that's the case.

Comment

• Teyraen92!
      Teyraen92! commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I figured that 2 week window is to allow the person to decide whether or not they want to continue. I do wish there was some kind of assistance in finding accomodations for those 2 weeks

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      OFO in particular and CBP in general is not exactly known for it's willingness to provide accommodations and assistance to it's workforce.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Teyraen92! congratulations I am glad to see things are moving along again. It gives me hope that I will have an opportunity to complete this long process. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

• Teyraen92!
      Teyraen92! commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fonzi7979 I believe my only update will be relief when I can find accomodations! Good Luck though on your progress

• Anyone know if getting in to Orlando is difficult for gs-5? Or even possible? Lol non-vet here been waiting on a poly for over a year now. Or should I work a port closer to me and try and transfer in a year or two?

Comment

• gmen0587
      gmen0587 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok so next question, how hard is it to transfer in?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      As a rule of thumb, I'd say it's seldom easy to transfer anywhere.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you wanting FL for the weather or family reasons?

• gmen0587
      gmen0587 commented
      Editing a comment
      Both actually. Have family there

• I have just received an email saying I passed medical phase. I passed medical exam a year ago in May, and was notified within few days with Cass reflecting green. So I am not sure why they are sending this email a year later. Im curious if anyone else received something like this?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received the same email the other day as well. I completed my medical back in December 2018. My guess is that things are moving along. Did you take your polygraph?

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's been a lot of glitches in the system. I received it as well again yesterday. I've also received several emails telling me to register for my test which I already passed a year ago, so my best guess is that the system is just glitchy.

• Originally posted by kayro View Post
    I have just received an email saying I passed medical phase. I passed medical exam a year ago in May, and was notified within few days with Cass reflecting green. So I am not sure why they are sending this email a year later. Im curious if anyone else received something like this?
    I received the same email . I was a little confused as well

Comment

• NachoLaw
      NachoLaw commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too, passed my medical exam in 11/2019.

• Good morning ,
    I got my final selection letter this morning. Still on track for:

EOD: 8-28-2020
    Academy : 9-14-2020

Are academies getting pushed back?

Comment

• Tydaddy
      Tydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Playmaker1996 I'd highly recommend looking up info on here and the delphi forums about SFO. Theres some serious stuff going on there. Not trying to sway you - but I'd want to know...

• Playmaker1996
      Playmaker1996 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tydaddy Thanks, I will

• camtheman77
      camtheman77 commented
      Editing a comment
      This also my info, EOD and Academy. What a mess.

• camtheman77
      camtheman77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am also LBC Port

• [QUOTE=fonzi7979;n6912891]I received the same email the other day as well. I completed my medical back in December 2018. My guess is that things are moving along. Did you take your polygraph?[/QUOTE
    Yes, Im 19-6. Took my poly in October. Bi met my references in November and December. Haven't heard since then.

Comment

• So back at FLETC and you're made to sign a document regarding us not being able to leave. If you're driving you'll be OK, you can walk with your personal supermarket, if your flying, make friends with a person who has a POV and give them a grocery list to survive. FLETC is not going to be the same for a while, until.this COVID-19 thing is at a low contamination rate. You just have to role with the punches. Good Luck everyone !!!
      Last edited by Kevin1234; 06-08-2020, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin1234 Do they have any updates on when the next set of classes will be headed there? If so, can you let us know how many classes will be sent and how often.

• So leaving FLETC is on a case by case medical basis, you have to write a memo, and once reviewed and approved, you'll be given basically a permission slip, without it you would not be allowed back on campus, only to pick up your things and be kicked out.

Try to Make friends with someone with a car, for persons who are now about EOD. I gave my session pal a grocery list for me, because I flew back to FLETC. Because you won't be allowed to leave to do shopping at Walmart etc.

SheepDogg I'll ask around. Right now everything is done via webex.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
        DrigoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        So if u have a car, you CAN leave base as long as u have the permission slip?

• DrigoCBP Our session supervisor said only for Emergency, like medical appointments, to pick up medication at local pharmacies etc. EMERGENCIES !!!

Comment

• Anyone else going to Long Beach, CA?

Comment

• bchalmers
          bchalmers commented
          Editing a comment
          Safranco2 I spoke to LB today and he said there is like 30 new peeps coming to LB is the next 6 months.

• commandostyle
          commandostyle commented
          Editing a comment
          Long Beach here too. Have you heard if they’re pushIng the eod dates at all? Hopefully not. Waiting on that final selection letter also, guessing a month or two before eod when folks have been receiving that?
          Last edited by commandostyle; 06-15-2020, 11:15 PM.

• Safranco2
          Safranco2 commented
          Editing a comment
          bchalmers I guess that us lol.

• camtheman77
          camtheman77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, I as well! Glad it wont only be 1-2 newbies

• Anyone receive a tentative polygraph date yet?
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 I hope so, cause i got that too.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Turboboigti you and me both and everyone else too. Just a matter of time.

• JL85
          JL85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same guys, although I’m 20-4 my medical was done a while ago and I’m just now getting my email for clearance, I hope that means they’re moving along with the process slowly but surely!

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          JL85 we can only hope with the communication that is being sent out will get everyone in this long process closer to the finish line. Stay positive I know it’s hard I am there too.

• Anyone from eagle pass that is station in the Rgv?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin1234 View Post
          DrigoCBP Our session supervisor said only for Emergency, like medical appointments, to pick up medication at local pharmacies etc. EMERGENCIES !!!
          Kevin1234 What about haircuts? Is that not a requirement at FLETC during this period?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
            Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol last I knew FLETC had a tiny 3 chair Barbershop. So, with social distance policies that probably means 1 customer allowed inside at a time. I'm guessing you could make an appointment when you show up, and hopefully it would be your turn in time for graduation.

That was also years ago when I attended a friend's graduation hopefully they have updated since then, if not hopefully they have planned something to address that for the current restrictions. Heard a rumor they were going to set up a trailer or something to expand the the little Express store, so who knows.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            If it's mandated to get a haircuts while at FLETC I'm pretty sure FLETC and/or the responsible agency will provide for a way to get them done...otherwise they risk butting heads with multiple unions and multiple CBAs.

• Kevin1234
            Kevin1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea but they not making a fuss about it, they understand the situation. So they aren't looking at grooming. Even the FLETC barbershop is closed. So dont worry about it.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            For guys learn to give yourself a high and tight. It's super easy with a little practice and will keep you cool in the hotter weather. A $20-$40 clipper set will keep you going all academy long.

• Originally posted by Adrenaline54 View Post
          Looking for a little clarity on this. I’m looking on the CBP website and it says a GS9 can make, “be promoted in June 2022 to GS-9 and make $52,905 - $97,905 per year” That is a $45,000 range and more than my military salary. Is that completely dependent on overtime being made? Locality to where you are stationed? Could someone shed some light on if you actually make 45k in overtime pay? Is that common? Appreciate the input.

Virtually no one makes 45K in overtime and very few even come close to 45K. For most, working at near an additional 45K would require working midnights, Sundays and a fair amount of overtime. Overtime and premium pay earnings are currently capped at $45K. Average mean overtime earnings run somewhere around $13K agency-wide in a normal year, so that ought to give you an idea of how rare it would be to approach the pay cap...especially as a GS-09. I'm not saying there's not a relative handful who manage to accomplish such a feat...but it's sure not common.

Comment

• rergang3 Well, I hoped it's because they are actually doing something lol but I guess will continue waiting patiently.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4807 users online. 327 members and 4480 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X