Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke with my Station contact, as of now I am still going to EOD as scheduled COVID be damned. Question for those that have EOD what is the attire for the pre academy, Polos? Buttonups? Slacks? I've lost about 50lbs since having to wear any kind of formal attire; need to know what to buy. Also; on the physical side; Im now completing the 1.5mi run in graduation standard. Current PR is 13:40. Looking forward to cutting that time down even further before i go to FLETC

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I wore black slacks and polos (grey, navy), then also wore my shined boots. My supervisor said she appreciated the professional appearance daily even with everything going on.
      Last edited by TsFost; 06-03-2020, 08:59 PM.

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      My first day I wore a suit and tie. Always dress to impress and then let them tell you what to wear. You only get one first impression

• Originally posted by Dulmarr View Post
    Spoke with my Station contact, as of now I am still going to EOD as scheduled COVID be damned. Question for those that have EOD what is the attire for the pre academy, Polos? Buttonups? Slacks? I've lost about 50lbs since having to wear any kind of formal attire; need to know what to buy. Also; on the physical side; Im now completing the 1.5mi run in graduation standard. Current PR is 13:40. Looking forward to cutting that time down even further before i go to FLETC
    What did you do to lose weight?

Comment

• Dulmarr
      Dulmarr commented
      Editing a comment
      Going to sound Cliche; but diet and exercise. Cut out soda completely, increased water intake, decreased carb intake. Maximum 1900 Calories per day. Daily sets of Pushups at a minimum, combined with weights and a running program! Started at half an hour of walking, 4 times per week, M W F SA; built up to half an hour of running over 12 Weeks. I weigh less now and am in way better shape than I was in High School!

• Hey guys, saw that NJ will allow non-essential businesses to open with limited capacity on June 15th and was wondering if polygraphers follow that time line. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Turboboigti; 06-03-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops, my bad guys.

• CyberSec59
      CyberSec59 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope they are allowing polygraphs! I’m at still waiting for that and my SI. @turbobiogti .. I would Definitely appreciate an update if they start back up again! Stay well.

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      CyberSec59 Will keep everyone posted, where are you taking SI? Newark?

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      Dodge_Guy19-4 LOL

• Has anybody been scheduled to go back to fletc yet?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      @sliva23 oh I thought you all were the ones heading to SC for part of your training? I'm glad to see things rolling again because I wanna get done lol.

Kevin1234 did they give you all a new packing list since nobody is allowed to go off base?

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Heading there tomorrow. Lots of rumors on what actually is true and what’s not about the reopening. Some of my buds who are there now have said that you can actually leave at your own risk of being denied entry.

As far as a packing list, I mean..pack like you are going somewhere for 5 months and have no access to the outside. Pretty much a military deployment before they got all fancy with the bull**** base exchanges. Chances are you will have a way to get daily necessities off base, but bring them anyway. The **** you personally need, black undershirts (highly recommend some type of drifit/hot weather gear), black boots, bug spray, highly recommend a water filter as the tap water is awful, some shower shoes, whatever your personal form of off time entertainment is.

• SheepDogg
      SheepDogg commented
      Editing a comment
      showtime15 What is your class number? Just trying to figure out when I will be headed back?

Has anyone got a call recently to head back to your POE next week (Pre Academy)?

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      SheepDogg there is a schedule floating around of when all classes are coming back. I know 519 is the last class to report to FLETC (520-523 go to Charleston first). 519 has a grad date of 8/29.

• I’m 539 so I got a long wait..... just trying to get things in order

Comment

• TsFost To be honest they gave us a long asd thing which I haven't even read yet, my suitcase were never unpacked so I dont have to do much packaging. And my friends in my session whose driving are buying groceries for us. I'm flying. So we basically gave our session mates grocery lists. I'll read those emails tomorrow. Thr only thing I did was book my Travel.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me if the 1.5m run is on a track or is it a road or trail run?

Comment

• Kevin1234
          Kevin1234 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its on a track. Your 45 second sprint and 1.5 mile are both on a track !!!

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kevin1234 do you know the order it goes in...
          1.5 mile run then 220 yard dash, then pushups?

• spilker13
          spilker13 commented
          Editing a comment
          220, pushups, 1.5 is the order

• Hey everyone, long time reader here!! I'm 19-4 and I just checked CASS and noticed my BI finally has a green check mark. I just had a question for those who've recently gotten "the call"or anyone who can help in general....

The locations to choose from...does it automatically give you an EOD/academy date.....or do you receive that AFTER you've picked your location?

I just was curious if location played a role in EOD/academy dates.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          They will call you with a proposed EoD and list of locations. Unless your VRA your options are to accept or deny. Dates are not based on location.

Also Academy dates mean nothing right now, as I'm sure you have read previous posts about many who have already started and are waiting for a new class.

• Oh yeah, I’ve been reading for a while...the hiring process was already a waiting game and now this..... just was curious about the process is all, thanks for your help!!

Comment

• What’s good with the polys? Any update yet?

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            SPX I’m with you still waiting to get scheduled for the polygraph exam. Interesting I received an email informing me that my medical has been completed I did that back in December 2018 maybe it’s a good sign that the poly will begin scheduling again.

• Florida_Man
            Florida_Man commented
            Editing a comment
            SPX I applied 12/2018, I’m right there with you bro

• Dulmarr
            Dulmarr commented
            Editing a comment
            Its a 2 Year process! Everyone knows it! Hurry up and wait should be the OPM's Motto!

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dulmarr you can say that again. Good luck to all I hope to meet anyone from this forum one day at Flect or at port.

• 19-2 ... have to retake a small portion of the poly.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing I’m 19-2 as well what location are you requesting if available. Keep us posted and good luck to you.

• K-9Unit
            K-9Unit commented
            Editing a comment
            I know it's a long shot, but I want to stay in Florida. How about you? Did you take your poly yet?

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            K-9Unit Florida is nice I’d love that but going to ask for JFK maybe if possible in the future ask for a transfer. No poly yet I’m still waiting to be scheduled for that but I received a call that my file is not lost and I also recently received email confirmation that my medical is completed. Very weird I did my medical back in December 2018. Just trying to keep positive and taking everything with a grain of salt. Good luck to you maybe we will see each other at training one day.

• Is there any timeline on medical waivers for very minor high frequency hearing loss when you're already a LEO? They said several weeks and I know Covid has everything backed up. Its coming up on 2 months and i would like to rejoin the active applicant pool. Thanks in advance.
          Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• moquito26
            moquito26 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been waiting about the same for an uncorrected vision waiver. Hopefully they won't take too much longer. I'm vra and a current fed leo and hope to be hired on sometime before FY21...wishful thinking.

• VeeDubs86
            VeeDubs86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hopefully we both hear back soon!

• moquito26
            moquito26 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here! This is my second time going through the process and was medically cleared 2 years ago

• What is the policy of boots wore at Fletc? I am looking to bring my own. I know that you have to able to polish them. Is there a height requirement or no zipper rule. Females are limited to what is available compared to males.

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            if they polish they are fine, they don't care about height or zippers from what anyone has ever posted.

• Kevin1234
            Kevin1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            no height or zipper rules, your pants will be dropped over them anyway, its not the military, your pants won't be tucked into the boots. Just make sure they can take polish. High polish, when you have inspection, you won't want to be that person with a dull boots or belt, they will yell in your face, say all sorts of **** to you, and if you don't have thick skin, you will either, cry or quit. I've seen it with my own eyes, they might even give you an EDR. most importantly, make sure them suckers can shine. Other than that, you'll be fine. They mainly do inspections when you have DNC, you'll know when you have to get the spit shiny.
            Last edited by Kevin1234; 06-07-2020, 12:50 PM.

• I have a general question for cbpo fit test. Fletc website shows peb requirements based on age/gender etc.....same format military uses. When I received my final confirmation from my duty location it didn’t say all the areas on the fletc website for fitness requirement. It said the 220 yd dash in 45 sec 24 pushups in a min and under and 1.5 mile in 15 min or under. It said these are the pass requirements. Is it just one standard for everyone? Either way is fine, but would like to know actual requirements.

Comment

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            That's the standard for everyone.

• Girlcarolina3
            Girlcarolina3 commented
            Editing a comment
            @ invertedPanda So what is the peb chart on the fletc website for fitness? It has body press and percentages.

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably just the FLETC standards. Some agencies may use it if they don't get an approved alternative fitness test.

• Looking for a little clarity on this. I’m looking on the CBP website and it says a GS9 can make, “be promoted in June 2022 to GS-9 and make $52,905 - $97,905 per year” That is a $45,000 range and more than my military salary. Is that completely dependent on overtime being made? Locality to where you are stationed? Could someone shed some light on if you actually make 45k in overtime pay? Is that common? Appreciate the input.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
            DrigoCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea that is all dependent on overtime, locality pay and shift differential.
            On this website u can find the base pay with locality so you know what will the minimum be before including shift diff, OT, etc.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...eral-schedule/

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea it's basically saying you could make this amount, but you'll at least make this.

• AdamF2882
            AdamF2882 commented
            Editing a comment
            Base salary plus OT and locality pay.
            Last edited by AdamF2882; 06-08-2020, 02:20 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5860 users online. 381 members and 5479 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X