Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TsFost To be honest they gave us a long asd thing which I haven't even read yet, my suitcase were never unpacked so I dont have to do much packaging. And my friends in my session whose driving are buying groceries for us. I'm flying. So we basically gave our session mates grocery lists. I'll read those emails tomorrow. Thr only thing I did was book my Travel.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me if the 1.5m run is on a track or is it a road or trail run?

Comment

• Kevin1234
        Kevin1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its on a track. Your 45 second sprint and 1.5 mile are both on a track !!!

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin1234 do you know the order it goes in...
        1.5 mile run then 220 yard dash, then pushups?

• spilker13
        spilker13 commented
        Editing a comment
        220, pushups, 1.5 is the order

• Hey everyone, long time reader here!! I'm 19-4 and I just checked CASS and noticed my BI finally has a green check mark. I just had a question for those who've recently gotten "the call"or anyone who can help in general....

The locations to choose from...does it automatically give you an EOD/academy date.....or do you receive that AFTER you've picked your location?

I just was curious if location played a role in EOD/academy dates.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        They will call you with a proposed EoD and list of locations. Unless your VRA your options are to accept or deny. Dates are not based on location.

Also Academy dates mean nothing right now, as I'm sure you have read previous posts about many who have already started and are waiting for a new class.

• Oh yeah, I’ve been reading for a while...the hiring process was already a waiting game and now this..... just was curious about the process is all, thanks for your help!!

Comment

• What’s good with the polys? Any update yet?

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX I’m with you still waiting to get scheduled for the polygraph exam. Interesting I received an email informing me that my medical has been completed I did that back in December 2018 maybe it’s a good sign that the poly will begin scheduling again.

• Florida_Man
          Florida_Man commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX I applied 12/2018, I’m right there with you bro

• Dulmarr
          Dulmarr commented
          Editing a comment
          Its a 2 Year process! Everyone knows it! Hurry up and wait should be the OPM's Motto!

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dulmarr you can say that again. Good luck to all I hope to meet anyone from this forum one day at Flect or at port.

• 19-2 ... have to retake a small portion of the poly.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing I’m 19-2 as well what location are you requesting if available. Keep us posted and good luck to you.

• K-9Unit
          K-9Unit commented
          Editing a comment
          I know it's a long shot, but I want to stay in Florida. How about you? Did you take your poly yet?

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          K-9Unit Florida is nice I’d love that but going to ask for JFK maybe if possible in the future ask for a transfer. No poly yet I’m still waiting to be scheduled for that but I received a call that my file is not lost and I also recently received email confirmation that my medical is completed. Very weird I did my medical back in December 2018. Just trying to keep positive and taking everything with a grain of salt. Good luck to you maybe we will see each other at training one day.

• Is there any timeline on medical waivers for very minor high frequency hearing loss when you're already a LEO? They said several weeks and I know Covid has everything backed up. Its coming up on 2 months and i would like to rejoin the active applicant pool. Thanks in advance.
        Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• moquito26
          moquito26 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been waiting about the same for an uncorrected vision waiver. Hopefully they won't take too much longer. I'm vra and a current fed leo and hope to be hired on sometime before FY21...wishful thinking.

• VeeDubs86
          VeeDubs86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully we both hear back soon!

• moquito26
          moquito26 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here! This is my second time going through the process and was medically cleared 2 years ago

• What is the policy of boots wore at Fletc? I am looking to bring my own. I know that you have to able to polish them. Is there a height requirement or no zipper rule. Females are limited to what is available compared to males.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          if they polish they are fine, they don't care about height or zippers from what anyone has ever posted.

• Kevin1234
          Kevin1234 commented
          Editing a comment
          no height or zipper rules, your pants will be dropped over them anyway, its not the military, your pants won't be tucked into the boots. Just make sure they can take polish. High polish, when you have inspection, you won't want to be that person with a dull boots or belt, they will yell in your face, say all sorts of **** to you, and if you don't have thick skin, you will either, cry or quit. I've seen it with my own eyes, they might even give you an EDR. most importantly, make sure them suckers can shine. Other than that, you'll be fine. They mainly do inspections when you have DNC, you'll know when you have to get the spit shiny.
          Last edited by Kevin1234; 06-07-2020, 01:50 PM.

• I have a general question for cbpo fit test. Fletc website shows peb requirements based on age/gender etc.....same format military uses. When I received my final confirmation from my duty location it didn’t say all the areas on the fletc website for fitness requirement. It said the 220 yd dash in 45 sec 24 pushups in a min and under and 1.5 mile in 15 min or under. It said these are the pass requirements. Is it just one standard for everyone? Either way is fine, but would like to know actual requirements.

Comment

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the standard for everyone.

• Girlcarolina3
          Girlcarolina3 commented
          Editing a comment
          @ invertedPanda So what is the peb chart on the fletc website for fitness? It has body press and percentages.

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably just the FLETC standards. Some agencies may use it if they don't get an approved alternative fitness test.

• Looking for a little clarity on this. I’m looking on the CBP website and it says a GS9 can make, “be promoted in June 2022 to GS-9 and make $52,905 - $97,905 per year” That is a $45,000 range and more than my military salary. Is that completely dependent on overtime being made? Locality to where you are stationed? Could someone shed some light on if you actually make 45k in overtime pay? Is that common? Appreciate the input.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea that is all dependent on overtime, locality pay and shift differential.
          On this website u can find the base pay with locality so you know what will the minimum be before including shift diff, OT, etc.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...eral-schedule/

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea it's basically saying you could make this amount, but you'll at least make this.

• AdamF2882
          AdamF2882 commented
          Editing a comment
          Base salary plus OT and locality pay.
          Last edited by AdamF2882; 06-08-2020, 03:20 PM.

• Hey yall, any CBPO DH 18-6 out there??? I finally got the call this past Monday and I am excited to say I EOD on Dec. 14 for Lukeville, AZ.
        I was kind of surprised when I was told that I have to spend 2 weeks there before I begin at FLETC, since I do not recall seeing that I have to do that and cover all of my expenses!
        Is that something new in place becasue of the pandemic or has this been done before?? I also could use some help finding accomodations if that's the case.

Comment

• Teyraen92!
          Teyraen92! commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I figured that 2 week window is to allow the person to decide whether or not they want to continue. I do wish there was some kind of assistance in finding accomodations for those 2 weeks

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          OFO in particular and CBP in general is not exactly known for it's willingness to provide accommodations and assistance to it's workforce.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Teyraen92! congratulations I am glad to see things are moving along again. It gives me hope that I will have an opportunity to complete this long process. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

• Teyraen92!
          Teyraen92! commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks fonzi7979 I believe my only update will be relief when I can find accomodations! Good Luck though on your progress

• Anyone know if getting in to Orlando is difficult for gs-5? Or even possible? Lol non-vet here been waiting on a poly for over a year now. Or should I work a port closer to me and try and transfer in a year or two?

Comment

• gmen0587
          gmen0587 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok so next question, how hard is it to transfer in?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          As a rule of thumb, I'd say it's seldom easy to transfer anywhere.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you wanting FL for the weather or family reasons?

• gmen0587
          gmen0587 commented
          Editing a comment
          Both actually. Have family there

• I have just received an email saying I passed medical phase. I passed medical exam a year ago in May, and was notified within few days with Cass reflecting green. So I am not sure why they are sending this email a year later. Im curious if anyone else received something like this?

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received the same email the other day as well. I completed my medical back in December 2018. My guess is that things are moving along. Did you take your polygraph?

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here.

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          There's been a lot of glitches in the system. I received it as well again yesterday. I've also received several emails telling me to register for my test which I already passed a year ago, so my best guess is that the system is just glitchy.

• Originally posted by kayro View Post
        I have just received an email saying I passed medical phase. I passed medical exam a year ago in May, and was notified within few days with Cass reflecting green. So I am not sure why they are sending this email a year later. Im curious if anyone else received something like this?
        I received the same email . I was a little confused as well

Comment

• NachoLaw
          NachoLaw commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too, passed my medical exam in 11/2019.

• Good morning ,
        I got my final selection letter this morning. Still on track for:

EOD: 8-28-2020
        Academy : 9-14-2020

Are academies getting pushed back?

Comment

• Tydaddy
          Tydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Playmaker1996 I'd highly recommend looking up info on here and the delphi forums about SFO. Theres some serious stuff going on there. Not trying to sway you - but I'd want to know...

• Playmaker1996
          Playmaker1996 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tydaddy Thanks, I will

• camtheman77
          camtheman77 commented
          Editing a comment
          This also my info, EOD and Academy. What a mess.

• camtheman77
          camtheman77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am also LBC Port

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6266 users online. 366 members and 5900 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X