• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 months = No Poly

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man hang in there I’m right with you 18 months and no polygraph exam yet but good things come to those who are patient and wait. Keep your head up.

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I’m trying to be as patient as I can be but I’ve just about had it. I wouldn’t mind waiting 2-2.5 years for a job but to go 18 months and not even be half way through and still have to test for a poly that 70% of applicants fail? That’s tough bro.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you and understand the frustration. If it is like they said during that telephone call from the polygraph division as soon as the Pandemic COVID 19 closures are lifted the scheduling shall resume. Did you receive the call last month.

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man i am on the same boat with you.... 15 months of waiting for poly

• Deleted post
    Last edited by ncavazos; 05-27-2020, 09:01 PM. Reason: Deleted post

Comment

• Deleted post

Comment

• Originally posted by Dodge_Guy19-4 View Post
      539? When is your EoD?
      I eod June 8th

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured it was in the next two weeks based on your class number.

Using fuzzy math, based on the recently posted restarts vs grad dates, if things keep at that pace, and as a class graduates another is brought in... I would estimate 539 to be sometime in October.

But again that's just a logical guesstimate... and as most here already know, nothing about this entire process is ever logical.

• How is Port Canaveral, FL ?

Comment

• Got the call today. EOD 12/7. FLETC 12/21-4/29.

She said there are no incentive locations right now.
        I'll post the locations asap when I can get to a computer. I'd like input from whoever has experience at any of the locations.

I believe I'm trying to decide between NOLA, Chi, maybe derby line? VT is beautiful and its 40 mins from the best brewery in the world.

Anyhow, here are the options I was given - If you have knowledge, info, suggestions - good or bad - I'm all ears. I requested the weekend to make a selection...(also posting for those who are expecting a call soon)

* currently not offering incentives for any locations

CA - calexico, douglas, lukeville, andrade, otay mesa, SF, san ysidro

ID - east port

IL - chicago

MA - boston

ME - calais, coburn gore, fort fairfield, jackman, madawasaka, van barun

MI - detroit (land)

MN - grand portage

MT - raymond, sweet grass

ND - pendina, portal, dunseth

NJ - newark

NY - alexandria bay

TX - presidio

VT - derby line

WA - blaine, oroville

LA - NOLA
        Last edited by Tydaddy; 05-29-2020, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Tydaddy
          Tydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Was leaning towards NOLA until I started looking at real estate prices and commute times. We have 4 - 100# dogs so a yard is necessary, and a big one. In our price range, I'd be looking at well over an hour commute. I've done that before - andxwill never do it again.

Alex Bay is the likely choice. I was also talking to someone at FLETC who is from and picked alex bay. Shes been there since being sent home from FLETC for COVID19. New hires typically work 8-4 m-f, no weekends. OT will obviously be a challenge, but with the new port being constructed, they're apparently hiring 75 new officers, per what she said, essentially doubling the port size.

• Tydaddy
          Tydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          ES90 thanks for all of that. I keep forgetting I posted all of that in the delphi forum. Got some good advice there too.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/custo...sages/35112/32

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Tydaddy where are u from originally? I was stationed in Fort Drum, NY when i was in the Army (near Alexandria Bay) , winter are brutal (mind you im from NYC) and there is nothing to do. I was stuck there and it was one of the reasons i got out.
          However, if you’re looking for a remote area that is quiet, by all means go for it.

• Tydaddy
          Tydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          DrigoCBP lancaster, pa, but live in marietta pa. I dont mind cold and snow. Itll be a slight change of pace for sure. But with 4 - 100# dogs, upstate weather seems much more enjoyable for them - than nola.

• Hello Lady and Gent. How are ya 19-2, 19-3 doing? anyone one of you still waiting for Poly? and i am wondering when they will continue Poly again....i have been waiting more than 1 year already and going to be 1 and a half year next month. . the wait is no joke at all!!!! ...

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          standtheman 19-2 for JFK waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. Did you receive a call last month from polygraph division informing you that your file and application is still valid and if you are still interested in pursuing a career with CBP? I guess time will tell. Hang in there.

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 yes, i got the call back in march or april to ask if i still interesting and i said yes i do. been checking cass everyday to make sure im not missing any important message from them

• StevenMal
          StevenMal commented
          Editing a comment
          19-4 here. Just patiently waiting for my polygraph exam to be scheduled just like everyone else. I’m not too bothered by waiting due to circumstances that are out of my control. Hopefully within a month or two we get word when they will start again

• Ya know thinking about it I'll be about 5 months into CBP most likely by the time class 527 starts with the way it's looking (end of July start fletc or early august). That being said it has me curious. For anyone that finishes their first year with CBP and still at FLETC will they still get their automatic pay grade increase, or does it wait till they are out of the academy to start? Just bored so coming up with hypotheticals while we all wait lol.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was actually curious about this as well

• SAS-CBPO
          SAS-CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not familiar with their contract but it definitely seems to a contract thing, so I would say yes you would still be promoted unless there is something there in the contract.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          https://nteuchapter128.org/wp-conten...TEU_NCBAv3.pdf

That's the current CBA.

"Section 12. Career Ladder Promotions. An employee occupying a position with established career ladder promotion potential will be promoted on the first pay period after a period of fifty-two (52) weeks, or whatever lesser period may be applicable, provided the supervisor has determined the employee has demonstrated the ability to perform at the higher grade level, all qualification and administrative requirements have been met, the employee’s current rating of record is at least fully successful (or equivalent) and there is sufficient higher level work to be performed."

That's all it has to offer as far as career ladder promotions go...
          Last edited by merlin436; 05-30-2020, 05:32 PM.

• 210CBPO
          210CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          I was wondering the same. Or at least if we will be out of probations of course, given that we pass the academy. I have a friend that was waiting to be sent again due to an injury and her yr is coming up in July and she said she is looking forward for her promotion pay.

• Any insight, I received the tentative offer and then the email about how to fill out the E-quip. Its been maybe 36 hours and still no email from OPM with the registration code and link. I emailed HR and they haven’t gotten back to me yet. Do I continue to wait or keep calling them? I have until the 3rd to have it completed and submitted.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you ever in your life done EQIP before? If so you may not get one. Just try to login, and if you have done it in the past use your actual birth location instead of the one in the instructions.

• Adrenaline54
          Adrenaline54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dodge_Guy19-4. Yes I have completed one for getting into the military and I was able to login and see my old e-Quip and a reference to the CBP one. But it specifically said in the email that even if i have completed one in the past I need to not use my old account and to create a new one once I receive the email

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Adrenaline54 my email never mentioned not using my old account, so that's what I did (and like you, my previous information populated. I made updates, deleted everything from previous investigations that was beyond the 10 year scope, and submitted), my background cleared a few months later with no investigator contacting anyone. I hope your BI case manager is better than the one I had, otherwise it will be weeks before you get an answer.

• Adrenaline54
          Adrenaline54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dodge_Guy19-4 Yea Ive decided to do the same. It makes it easier having all the old information in there and just making adjustments. Ive done my job by calling and emailing with no return answers from them so, well see what happens after I submit.

• CBPO GS7 20-6

Application submitted 3/28/20.
        According to the app, EQIP, fingerprints, Medical exam completed and cleared, Passed fitness test. All completed by end of April. Selected Newark, NJ.

Judging from all of the prior posts, it is obvious this process is going to take a much longer time than anticipated. I am getting a bit anxious about that.. Any rumors as to how long the next steps will take to complete (interview, polygraph, etc) ? Trying to remain very positive here. I am really looking forward to getting this process completed and starting the academy.

Comment

• CyberSec59
          CyberSec59 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your input. I have an extensive law enforcement background so hopefully that will speed things up a bit, God willing!

• EODGS
          EODGS commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm 20-6 VRA GS7. Applied one day before you and have the same things completed. The area of Northern Virginia that I live in has just started to open back up, so hopefully interviews will start again soon. Strange how we could complete the other tasks during the shutdown, but not an interview.

Hang in there, we are pretty much on the same rollercoaster.

• CyberSec59
          CyberSec59 commented
          Editing a comment
          EODGS thank you for your input. Good to know I am not the only one! Stay well!

• AdamF2882
          AdamF2882 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied to Newark as well in Jan 2019. Prior I applied in 12/2017 and completed everything by 2/2018. My medical didn’t clear until 7/2019, it took 1.7 years to clear. I reapplied to the Jan 2019 announcement to get Newark because my original application didn’t offer Newark. I’ve been waiting since 7/2019 for my poly.

• merlin436 I worked for border patrol for 6 months before leaving to go the CBPO route. On my SF-50 it shows that I have 6 months of federal time. I was a GL-9 for the whole 6 months. My question is will that 6 months of federal time as a 9 count towards my 11 when I EOD in aug?

Comment

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you know where I could go to find out? Would that be HR at my home port?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Promotions are OPM's bailiwick but I imagine a competent CBP admin person would know...or at least know where to find the answer.

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

• Jafo1984
          Jafo1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          X x x x x x xx x x x x x x
          Last edited by Jafo1984; 06-11-2020, 09:35 PM.

• 19-8 here!
        I applied back in May 2019 and I just completed my BI interview. All references have been checked as well. Now its the final waiting part for the adjudication.
        Hopefully I get my chosen location. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• JL85
          JL85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice, how many references did you need if you don’t mind me asking?

• rocky1988
          rocky1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          JL85 it was 3

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats rocky1988 I’m 19-2 still waiting for my Polygraph Exam. Good luck keep us posted.

• Announcement 19-6 !

SI : june 10 2019

poly pending

hoping for jfk

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          19-2 for JFK
          Keep us posted.

• I chose alex bay.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          You might like A-Bay. I've spent some previous job time with short trips to Ephrata, Reading and a few other Pennsylvania towns. It's sort of similar country around A-Bay...although less populated and flatter. Healthy greater area Amish population too...if you're into that.

• Question regarding virtual EOD... Are you supposed to complete Onboarding documents prior to EOD date?

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          call your POC and ask what their mission support team would prefer.

• Gixxerman
          Gixxerman commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told that I'm swearing-in from home. An OPM link will be sent one week prior to my EOD date, I am to have all of my forms completed a week prior to my EOD date as well.
          Last edited by Gixxerman; 06-02-2020, 12:10 PM.

• SAS-CBPO
          SAS-CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          Just to reiterate what TsFost said, call your POC. . I was told to prepare all docs but do not submit until I EOD. Every port is different. Good luck all and congrats to the ones EODing and I will see you at FLETC one day. Be safe stay healthy.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4424 users online. 287 members and 4137 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X