Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if the academy does restart next month with the stipulations they have already said they are planning to run with. I'm gonna assume I'll be able to get to FLETC by about Sept maybe. Anyone from class 527 got their own guess?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP yea he was from BP. He came to OFO to be a supervisor but has to do the CBPO academy just like everyone else. Same if you left OFO in a few years for BP.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost oh damn, thats explain my confusion... I was like what the heck...haha

• Gixxerman
      Gixxerman commented
      Editing a comment
      @Dodge-Guy19-4.... I totally agree. I'd like to drive for that reason, I want as much creature comforts as possible. I was in FLETC back in 2000, I only left the base once.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Proportionally, the BP has far more management than OFO has. Since it's easier to promote there, it stands to reason that some will promote up...and then jump to OFO for a better location. Although, they probably end up losing money...depending on their port.

Last edited by showtime15; 05-20-2020, 03:13 PM. Reason: Mispost if that’s a word

Comment

• How's it going merlin436? Can we be friends again? I need your insight on something, want to ask you a question!
      Timeline:
      DAL-ERO-10676067-DH-MJ --- Applied 1/15/20 --- Many steps & some COVID delay ---
      EOD end of FY 20

((≡≡))

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly, I don't know.

I imagine that there's a fair amount of similarity due to the closeness of the two positions and the fact that it's pretty much the same people doing much of the hiring process. The fitness requirements largely disappear for CBPASs. The basic qualification vetting changes from more of an experience driven qual of a CBPO to an expanded educational qual for CBPASs. No mandated polygraph for CBPASs. Retirement is standard so no maximum hiring age or mandated retirement.for the CBPASs. I believe that Aggies are limited to secret clearances...at most. Their Academy is also shorter and easier.

• Page
        Page commented
        Editing a comment
        OK. Well, the hiring center lists parts of the process, but it does not really appear that it would make sense to do them as "steps" in the order that they listed, it would be unusual if it were done in that order I think. Used to be that they did the same written test as CBPO, looks like they got rid of that, maybe not necessary since the academic credits are already evaluated. Well, if I ever make it along in that application process I will park the application steps in my timeline! Not sure where else around there would be forum info on this particular job besides Delphi, but I did not even see anything there.
        Last edited by Page; 05-21-2020, 10:37 PM.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        There's also only around 2400 CBPASs vs 24,000 CBPOs and CBPASs are stationed in about half of the locations that CBPOs are...so the ultimate hiring chances and job flexibility is less for the Aggies.

• Page
        Page commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I realize it's a long shot, and it would definitely not be my first choice job anyway. But, you never know, I will try for it anyway. I'm sure the limited number of spots accounts for why it is hard to get real world info on how exactly the hiring process plays out for people as far as steps and timelines.

• Good afternoon everyone,
      I EOD Aug 28th at Long Beach and am suppose to start the academy September 14th. Has anyone heard how many months classes are behind or when academies will start up again?

Thank you

Comment

• bchalmers
        bchalmers commented
        Editing a comment
        Jbenz thank you for the Info. Thank goodness we get paid when we EOD.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        bchalmers if we can EOD lol... they may push back EOD since lot of new hires will possibly stay home several months waiting for Fletc (4-6 months after EOD is my guess) ... I don't know if they want to pay people that long... I hope they do though... i EOD in Jul.

• Jbenz
        Jbenz commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP, I EOD in June and I’m really hoping they don’t push back the EOD’s. I would think that they would lose some new hires if that were the case.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        When it comes to retention and recruitment, I've never noticed the agency all that concerned about losing people or making efforts at accommodating.

• First time poster on this forum. I received my final letter this week stating who and where I’m reporting to. EOD is 7/15. In my letter it did not talk about my academy date being postponed. It still shows an academy date of 7/30. I’ve been reading all this info about classes being cancelled, but the information being relayed to us newbies isn’t reflecting that. Just my experience. My letter did say to wait 24hrs prior to contacting my POC at my duty station for exact reporting time, so I’m going to wait a few weeks since it’s still May. I also have read about the strict restrictions of not being able to leave once arrived. I am in SC and was hoping to come back to visit my child but I guess we just hang on during the ride and enjoy the new experience. I’m looking forward to it all . We’ve waited this long in the process.

Comment

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        If you contact your POC they will let you know what to expect and if you will be required to report to POE or if your pre academy on-boarding will be virtual. what announcement/location did you accept?
        Last edited by cstephensiv; 05-21-2020, 08:30 AM.

• QJSBlue
        QJSBlue commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats =)

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        As of right now, EOD is still the same for everyone who has received final offer letter. But surely Fletc will be pushed back. All classes that were in progress when Fletc shutdown in Mar need to get finished first. I EOD Jul 13 and expecting Fletc in Nov-Dec time frame, could go into Feb Mar next year if they keep social distance rules and not allowed people to stay at local hotels, means they have to cut class size down and the amount of people allowed on site. Info from a training sup, Girlcarolina3 Fletc will be opened Jun 1, people will be self isolated for 14 days upon arrival, not allowed to leave academy until training is complete. Are you in 545 like me?
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 05-24-2020, 07:12 AM.

• Hi. Where do I find the announcement information? On my USA jobs application! I applied for for Charleston, SC.

Comment

• Girlcarolina3 yes you can find it on USA jobs. what locations were offered to you?

Comment

• cstephensiv
          cstephensiv commented
          Editing a comment
          Were you able to get SC?

• I recently got notified to begin my E-qip, and was assigned a case worker. I have all my information organized and ready to go. Just one question: Can volunteer duty be added in the employment section? I want to but I'm not sure if they only accept paid labor.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comment

• If anyone is in Houston, and would like to swap to Baltimore shoot me a message. Or if someone coming in under VRA and wants Baltimore but can select Houston and then swap let me know. I’m willing to assist with moving cost up to 10K!

Comment

• So haven't posted since my poly, sadly I have failed the poly. The blood pressure cuff was so tight and I complained and that's all I could think of, I got a LEO job tho as a Deputy Sheriff. Now I have to wait 2 years

Comment

• JL85
              JL85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry about that man. Was the LEO poly different from CBP? Don’t want you disclose any info just asking, best wishes on your new career, stay safe and god bless!

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thatoneguyoh I am sorry to hear that. They would not adjust it for you. How long is the exam? If you did not age out definitely reapply when applicable. Thank you for sharing your experience I been waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph over a year with many other candidates as well. Upon reading on this forum some exams are very long and some are a couple of hours from start to finish. Keep your head up and stay positive.

• cstephensiv
              cstephensiv commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear bro... that pressure cuff was super freaking tight... my arm turned purple multiple times throughout my 7 hrs of poly... be safe sir

• QJSBlue
              QJSBlue commented
              Editing a comment
              I am so sorry to hear this was your experience. Definitely reapply when you can, but congratulations in your new career role!!

• JL85 I applied San Ysidro and Los Angeles for botth direct and non-Direct annoucement. I prefer to stay in California. I guess they will not schedule poly exams until 2021.

Comment

• JL85
              JL85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah man after my interview I was told people that apply for LAX can wait up to a year and half for a poly but stay positive we’re all in this together!

• JL85
              JL85 commented
              Editing a comment
              fonzi7979 I am 20-4 direct hire for San Ysidro and I didn’t receive any phone calls only via emails. How about yourself?

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              JL85 I’m in 19-2 for JFK I and many others received a call to inform us of the delay and to confirm our application and file is not inactive and once the the lockdown is lifted polygraph will resume. Good Luck

• JL85 Well, I guess there is nothing to do other than waiting and stay positive. Hopefully they will expedite the hiring process.

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              captain2008 & JL85 what announcement are you in. I hope to be scheduled once this national shutdown is lifted. Many candidates received a call from polygraph division and informed not to worry once shutdown is lifted they will be scheduling again.

• fonzi7979 I'm in 20-5. I personally have never received any calls from them regarding poly. I guess those who received the calls are the applicants who applied have been waiting for a long time.

Comment

• Yshaban
              Yshaban commented
              Editing a comment
              I am only 20-4 VRA and I received that call.

• So I applied under the VRA announcement as a GS-9 and was “selected”. I then submitted the paperwork to get the process rolling, what happens next now that I received the tentative job offer? Do I submit the locations I want to work at or does that come way later in the process? I’m sure its been posted here, but there are way to many pages to look through at this point. Thanks!

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
              Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
              Editing a comment
              You hurry and wait. More instructions/appts will be emailed. As for preferred location, that's your last step.

• Adrenaline54
              Adrenaline54 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dodge_Guy19-4 sounds like the military. Shouldn’t be to hard to understand this process lol

• stanford.west
              stanford.west commented
              Editing a comment
              It definitely wouldn’t hurt to read back from couple years or months, you will end up having no more questions and also you will learn a lot about the agency you’re applying to. You will have a lot of time to spare a far as start to finish goes in this process. Again it wouldn’t hurt to read back on what people have been saying instead of asking same questions over and over.

• To all applicants that recently received a call from the polygraph division. Has anyone been scheduled for the polygraph exam? Stay safe and healthy.

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              No update since the call.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4062 users online. 205 members and 3857 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X