Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tyrell_jones3400
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2016

If anyone is in Houston, and would like to swap to Baltimore shoot me a message. Or if someone coming in under VRA and wants Baltimore but can select Houston and then swap let me know. I’m willing to assist with moving cost up to 10K!

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2019

So haven't posted since my poly, sadly I have failed the poly. The blood pressure cuff was so tight and I complained and that's all I could think of, I got a LEO job tho as a Deputy Sheriff. Now I have to wait 2 years

Comment

• JL85
        JL85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry about that man. Was the LEO poly different from CBP? Don’t want you disclose any info just asking, best wishes on your new career, stay safe and god bless!

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thatoneguyoh I am sorry to hear that. They would not adjust it for you. How long is the exam? If you did not age out definitely reapply when applicable. Thank you for sharing your experience I been waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph over a year with many other candidates as well. Upon reading on this forum some exams are very long and some are a couple of hours from start to finish. Keep your head up and stay positive.

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear bro... that pressure cuff was super freaking tight... my arm turned purple multiple times throughout my 7 hrs of poly... be safe sir

• QJSBlue
        QJSBlue commented
        Editing a comment
        I am so sorry to hear this was your experience. Definitely reapply when you can, but congratulations in your new career role!!
    • captain2008
      Forum Member
      • May 2020

JL85 I applied San Ysidro and Los Angeles for botth direct and non-Direct annoucement. I prefer to stay in California. I guess they will not schedule poly exams until 2021.

Comment

• JL85
        JL85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah man after my interview I was told people that apply for LAX can wait up to a year and half for a poly but stay positive we’re all in this together!

• JL85
        JL85 commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 I am 20-4 direct hire for San Ysidro and I didn’t receive any phone calls only via emails. How about yourself?

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        JL85 I’m in 19-2 for JFK I and many others received a call to inform us of the delay and to confirm our application and file is not inactive and once the the lockdown is lifted polygraph will resume. Good Luck
    • captain2008
      Forum Member
      • May 2020

JL85 Well, I guess there is nothing to do other than waiting and stay positive. Hopefully they will expedite the hiring process.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        captain2008 & JL85 what announcement are you in. I hope to be scheduled once this national shutdown is lifted. Many candidates received a call from polygraph division and informed not to worry once shutdown is lifted they will be scheduling again.
    • captain2008
      Forum Member
      • May 2020

fonzi7979 I'm in 20-5. I personally have never received any calls from them regarding poly. I guess those who received the calls are the applicants who applied have been waiting for a long time.

Comment

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        I am only 20-4 VRA and I received that call.
    • Adrenaline54
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2020

So I applied under the VRA announcement as a GS-9 and was “selected”. I then submitted the paperwork to get the process rolling, what happens next now that I received the tentative job offer? Do I submit the locations I want to work at or does that come way later in the process? I’m sure its been posted here, but there are way to many pages to look through at this point. Thanks!

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        You hurry and wait. More instructions/appts will be emailed. As for preferred location, that's your last step.

• Adrenaline54
        Adrenaline54 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dodge_Guy19-4 sounds like the military. Shouldn’t be to hard to understand this process lol

• stanford.west
        stanford.west commented
        Editing a comment
        It definitely wouldn’t hurt to read back from couple years or months, you will end up having no more questions and also you will learn a lot about the agency you’re applying to. You will have a lot of time to spare a far as start to finish goes in this process. Again it wouldn’t hurt to read back on what people have been saying instead of asking same questions over and over.
    • fonzi7979
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

To all applicants that recently received a call from the polygraph division. Has anyone been scheduled for the polygraph exam? Stay safe and healthy.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        No update since the call.
    • fonzi7979
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

Thanks for sharing Corsair. I understand the waiting given the situation. I just want to complete the process when it’s available so I know where I stand. Being in limbo for over a year except for that phone call. Stay positive and humble it should all workout in do time.

Comment

• stanford.west
        stanford.west commented
        Editing a comment
        Just sit tight man. You’re not the only person, be patient and apply other places in the mean time if you need work
    • TsFost
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2018

So unofficial chatter on Delphi is saying June 1st for the academy restart. Waiting on the official release of information, but it was said the information came from their training department supervisor. I was contacted by my temp port supervisor today out of the blue and asked if I had gotten any new news. So since she is the training supervisor for that temp port maybe it's good information. Being in class 527 I don't think I'd receive any news this soon even if it was a June 1st start.
      Last edited by TsFost; 05-23-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost Silva23 Any word or idea about when class 533 would be heading to FLETC??

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Sheepdog who knows to be honest. Nothing is even set in stone officially just yet for any of it. Literally it could change tomorrow and again the next day. Hopefully come Tue we will hear more.

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost Understood. Well if you hear more please keep us posted.

• Silva23
        Silva23 commented
        Editing a comment
        SheepDogg our trainer mentioned that new classes will be starting or scheduled beginning of August (more or less) but that is the expectation.
    • Yshaban
      Forum Member
      • May 2018

Why is Newark rumored to be the most horrible poly location?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny as I just talked to my coworker who failed the poly out of Newark. Hes also an idiot and failed the SI first go around.

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        AdamF2882 Damn that examiner is a dick for telling your friend he failed miserably how can he hold a federal position. I'll be taking mine in Newark as well I was just curious after I read someone post that. Is there a way to widen my poly location? I know newark is backed up and wondering if I can opt to travel to take the poly farther away.

• AdamF2882
        AdamF2882 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yshaban You can try and contact CAD and ask if you can travel elsewhere to take it.

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        AdamF2882 thanks will do.
    • Ed1990
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2020

My poly was in Newark and I had no issues. I was there under 2 hours. I’ve heard of ppl from NJ that go to other states to have a better shot but I honestly had no issues no complaints about Newark.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
        1895DC
        • Nov 2018

Is CBP currently a 12(d) covered position?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep...since July of 2008.
      • jfiguesilv94
        Forum Member
        • May 2020

Hello, I'm a candidate for Gs-7 CBPO. There is something concerning me.

In the background investigation guideline, it's stated that the purpose of it is to see who's trustworthy and less vulnerable to coercion and such. I'm the son of emigrants. They all came to the U.S legally and became U.S citizens, they own businesses and contribute to the country with their taxes of course and have never been involved in Criminal acts.

I just feel like due to the bad image/stereotype regarding emigrants I can be put in doubt during the Investigation because they might think I have split loyalties, which I don't. I was born a U.S citizen, and have a strong desire to serve my country above all.

Comment

• stanford.west
          stanford.west commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think you should feed into and crap you hear. Just do the right thing and concentrate on what you can control. Don’t put down the process and don’t lose focus. Applying for this job ——- CBP doesn’t owe you anything, just make sure they know how they benefit from hiring you and the rest is up to the man upstairs. Good luck and stay outta trouble. #everyones process is different and don’t believe everything you hear on here.

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm exaggerating, but I feel like half of my FLETC class had a parent or immediate family member who were still LPR. Don't worry about it and don't believe the media stories on anti-immigrant BS. Some of the best Officers I work with weren't even born in the US.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          One set of my grandparents were immigrants. Much of CBP has a personal reference to immigration...especially those working land border ports. Most border communities have been inextricably interconnected, both north and south, especially under the lights of historical perspective.

The left likes to spin a narrative of an US society hostile to immigration and immigrants because immigration and law enforcement runs counter to the left's worldview of embracing illegality and dysfunction. The truth is that CBP, especially OFO, embraces diversity and eclectic backgrounds and experiences. If you and your extended family have no criminal history/security/terrorism concerns and zero problems as far as past immigration status issues, your family's immigrant past will not be viewed as a detriment and will likely be seen as an asset...especially if you are bilingual.
      • ZOak93
        Forum Member
        • May 2020

Short question: I just finished my eQIP and was wondering once it’s submitted if they start doing other things like the PFT, Medical, Poly while the eQIP is being investigated or do I have to wait for that to clear before those other steps?

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Assuming all goes well when I'm scheduled for the polygraph I'll be looking way past 2 years for completion. I'm already at 16 months and I'm still waiting to be scheduled. I didnt have any holdups and I scheduled all tests ASAP.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair I’m right with you hopefully we will get scheduled soon for the polygraph and sometime next year to FLECT.

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          Rubicon Even without the pandemic its taking me 33 months from Application to EOD

• Tydaddy
          Tydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          thelonelybum I'm at 14 months!? drug test today.
      • Tydaddy
        Forum Member
        • May 2020

Originally posted by Tydaddy
        First post but have been lurking for years.
        Anyone else 19-6?

Long story short, my initial process was back in 2014. In 2016, I had both a CBPO and BPA offer. I'm a DPT, and had just signed a contract at a hospital - so I had to turn both down.

Fast forward to last year, I'd had it with healthcare and the unethical crap going on - I decided to reapply to CBPO - as the new age limit allowed me to do so. I started working with TSA last fall to get me into the airport swing of things.

So here I am. Background adjudication just completed and updated in CASS yesterday. Awaiting the drug test now.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was 19-6. I selected New Orleans - but seeing what others have been offered, that's looking highly unlikely.
        Drug test tomorrow.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Make sure you study

• Jacktone22
          Jacktone22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Tydaddy I am also a 19-6. I met with my background investigator in September of 2019, and I've been waiting for adjudication since, feels good to see that some of us are moving along. If you don't mind sharing, when did you meet with your BI or approximately how long did your adjudication take? Congratulations on making it through!

• Tydaddy
          Tydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Jacktone22 Met with my BI in January - about 4 months.
          Last edited by Tydaddy; 05-26-2020, 10:02 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19616 users online. 36 members and 19580 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...