Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. Where do I find the announcement information? On my USA jobs application! I applied for for Charleston, SC.

Comment

• Girlcarolina3 yes you can find it on USA jobs. what locations were offered to you?

Comment

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        Were you able to get SC?

• I recently got notified to begin my E-qip, and was assigned a case worker. I have all my information organized and ready to go. Just one question: Can volunteer duty be added in the employment section? I want to but I'm not sure if they only accept paid labor.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comment

• If anyone is in Houston, and would like to swap to Baltimore shoot me a message. Or if someone coming in under VRA and wants Baltimore but can select Houston and then swap let me know. I’m willing to assist with moving cost up to 10K!

Comment

• So haven't posted since my poly, sadly I have failed the poly. The blood pressure cuff was so tight and I complained and that's all I could think of, I got a LEO job tho as a Deputy Sheriff. Now I have to wait 2 years

Comment

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry about that man. Was the LEO poly different from CBP? Don’t want you disclose any info just asking, best wishes on your new career, stay safe and god bless!

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thatoneguyoh I am sorry to hear that. They would not adjust it for you. How long is the exam? If you did not age out definitely reapply when applicable. Thank you for sharing your experience I been waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph over a year with many other candidates as well. Upon reading on this forum some exams are very long and some are a couple of hours from start to finish. Keep your head up and stay positive.

• cstephensiv
            cstephensiv commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear bro... that pressure cuff was super freaking tight... my arm turned purple multiple times throughout my 7 hrs of poly... be safe sir

• QJSBlue
            QJSBlue commented
            Editing a comment
            I am so sorry to hear this was your experience. Definitely reapply when you can, but congratulations in your new career role!!

• JL85 I applied San Ysidro and Los Angeles for botth direct and non-Direct annoucement. I prefer to stay in California. I guess they will not schedule poly exams until 2021.

Comment

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah man after my interview I was told people that apply for LAX can wait up to a year and half for a poly but stay positive we’re all in this together!

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 I am 20-4 direct hire for San Ysidro and I didn’t receive any phone calls only via emails. How about yourself?

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            JL85 I’m in 19-2 for JFK I and many others received a call to inform us of the delay and to confirm our application and file is not inactive and once the the lockdown is lifted polygraph will resume. Good Luck

• JL85 Well, I guess there is nothing to do other than waiting and stay positive. Hopefully they will expedite the hiring process.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            captain2008 & JL85 what announcement are you in. I hope to be scheduled once this national shutdown is lifted. Many candidates received a call from polygraph division and informed not to worry once shutdown is lifted they will be scheduling again.

• fonzi7979 I'm in 20-5. I personally have never received any calls from them regarding poly. I guess those who received the calls are the applicants who applied have been waiting for a long time.

Comment

• Yshaban
            Yshaban commented
            Editing a comment
            I am only 20-4 VRA and I received that call.

• So I applied under the VRA announcement as a GS-9 and was “selected”. I then submitted the paperwork to get the process rolling, what happens next now that I received the tentative job offer? Do I submit the locations I want to work at or does that come way later in the process? I’m sure its been posted here, but there are way to many pages to look through at this point. Thanks!

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
            Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
            Editing a comment
            You hurry and wait. More instructions/appts will be emailed. As for preferred location, that's your last step.

• Adrenaline54
            Adrenaline54 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dodge_Guy19-4 sounds like the military. Shouldn’t be to hard to understand this process lol

• stanford.west
            stanford.west commented
            Editing a comment
            It definitely wouldn’t hurt to read back from couple years or months, you will end up having no more questions and also you will learn a lot about the agency you’re applying to. You will have a lot of time to spare a far as start to finish goes in this process. Again it wouldn’t hurt to read back on what people have been saying instead of asking same questions over and over.

• To all applicants that recently received a call from the polygraph division. Has anyone been scheduled for the polygraph exam? Stay safe and healthy.

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            No update since the call.

• Thanks for sharing Corsair. I understand the waiting given the situation. I just want to complete the process when it’s available so I know where I stand. Being in limbo for over a year except for that phone call. Stay positive and humble it should all workout in do time.

Comment

• stanford.west
            stanford.west commented
            Editing a comment
            Just sit tight man. You’re not the only person, be patient and apply other places in the mean time if you need work

• So unofficial chatter on Delphi is saying June 1st for the academy restart. Waiting on the official release of information, but it was said the information came from their training department supervisor. I was contacted by my temp port supervisor today out of the blue and asked if I had gotten any new news. So since she is the training supervisor for that temp port maybe it's good information. Being in class 527 I don't think I'd receive any news this soon even if it was a June 1st start.
          Last edited by TsFost; 05-23-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• SheepDogg
            SheepDogg commented
            Editing a comment
            TsFost Silva23 Any word or idea about when class 533 would be heading to FLETC??

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            Sheepdog who knows to be honest. Nothing is even set in stone officially just yet for any of it. Literally it could change tomorrow and again the next day. Hopefully come Tue we will hear more.

• SheepDogg
            SheepDogg commented
            Editing a comment
            TsFost Understood. Well if you hear more please keep us posted.

• Silva23
            Silva23 commented
            Editing a comment
            SheepDogg our trainer mentioned that new classes will be starting or scheduled beginning of August (more or less) but that is the expectation.

• Why is Newark rumored to be the most horrible poly location?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny as I just talked to my coworker who failed the poly out of Newark. Hes also an idiot and failed the SI first go around.

• Yshaban
            Yshaban commented
            Editing a comment
            AdamF2882 Damn that examiner is a dick for telling your friend he failed miserably how can he hold a federal position. I'll be taking mine in Newark as well I was just curious after I read someone post that. Is there a way to widen my poly location? I know newark is backed up and wondering if I can opt to travel to take the poly farther away.

• AdamF2882
            AdamF2882 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yshaban You can try and contact CAD and ask if you can travel elsewhere to take it.

• Yshaban
            Yshaban commented
            Editing a comment
            AdamF2882 thanks will do.

• My poly was in Newark and I had no issues. I was there under 2 hours. I’ve heard of ppl from NJ that go to other states to have a better shot but I honestly had no issues no complaints about Newark.

Comment

• Is CBP currently a 12(d) covered position?

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep...since July of 2008.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4598 users online. 280 members and 4318 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X