300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HokieBird View Post
    Congratulations there, deyosurf19, on your good results!

Were there a lot of people testing on the same day?

Also, what was involved in the physical?
    Thanks HokieBird. I know that CBPO sent 60 people to that same physical location within the past two weeks. Our area needs ALOT of people.

Physical was Blood Pressure Check, EKG, Audiogram, Vision Test, Standard Poking of the stomach, Look in ears, throat. Someone told me they did a ball and AHOLE check, but the doc didn't do it to me. Thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
      I recently applied for BPA will work experience suffice for a GS 5 or will I need a degree to get hired?
      No degree required.

Conceivably, a 20 year old with a GED and three years work experience at McNasty’s meets the minimum standards for BP.

Comment

• Have a friend who started the academy Monday at Fletc. He said 5 people just didnt show up for the academy. They had their name plates on the desk, but they just failed to report, weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLAPIG View Post
          Have a friend who started the academy Monday at Fletc. He said 5 people just didnt show up for the academy. They had their name plates on the desk, but they just failed to report, weird.

Very common. There is a period where you report to your duty station for a few weeks to a month ahead of your academy date so you can get an idea of what the job entails. Some decide right there that it's not for them. In my class we had one that way. They usually try to refill the slot if they have time.

Comment

• cpbo applicant

hello everyone

cbpo applicant just waiting for security clearance to clear and coming up on the six month tentative processing timeframe (without complications) from the NOR date.
            applied to work in los angeles.
            all other pre screening is successfully completed.

does anybody have any information indicating how long the clearance and scheduling unit might take?

is it true that lax and long beach are still hiring fervently?

can i remain confident that this position will follow through? i know the government can take quite awhile but would it be sensible to move on and throw some applications out there for local law enforcement, etc. and maintain temp. work in the meantime?

i appreciate any advice and information. thanks.

anthony.

Comment

• Originally posted by antwatersx View Post
              hello everyone

cbpo applicant just waiting for security clearance to clear and coming up on the six month tentative processing timeframe (without complications) from the NOR date.
              applied to work in los angeles.
              all other pre screening is successfully completed.

does anybody have any information indicating how long the clearance and scheduling unit might take?

is it true that lax and long beach are still hiring fervently?

can i remain confident that this position will follow through? i know the government can take quite awhile but would it be sensible to move on and throw some applications out there for local law enforcement, etc. and maintain temp. work in the meantime?

i appreciate any advice and information. thanks.

anthony.
              I too am awaiting clearance for the LAX-Long Beach Position.

The special investigator just called me tonight, is it common for them to schedule a meeting somewhere else besides your home (The Library)? And for it to last 5-7 hours??? That seems like an awfully long meeting...

I am starting to find it more and more difficult to take all the time off of my current job to accomodate all this, anyone else have a similar experience with having to take 4 days off in a 90 day period??

Comment

• deyosurf,

i met with the special investigator in june. had the same issues. i hope your paperwork is organized--they need it all. initial meeting lasts at least a few hours and they can't meet at your house i believe because it may implement a bias, etc.

once you've completed your pre-investigation meetings, and have completed all other pre screening steps you pretty much just wait and log on to CASS religiously.

Comment

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
                  I too am awaiting clearance for the LAX-Long Beach Position.

The special investigator just called me tonight, is it common for them to schedule a meeting somewhere else besides your home (The Library)? And for it to last 5-7 hours??? That seems like an awfully long meeting...

I am starting to find it more and more difficult to take all the time off of my current job to accomodate all this, anyone else have a similar experience with having to take 4 days off in a 90 day period??

5-7 hours is the worst case scenario. My last SSBI interview only took two hours included BSing after the fact. Granted that was not a CBP case, but there aren't that many more questions with CBP and I do have several issues that needed to be resolved.

As far as going someplace for your interview it is policy no interviews in someone's house. There are several reasons for this this biggest one is as an investigator the last place I want to go is in someone's house there are too many things that could go very wrong. Not too mention do you really want to go to someone's house who has three dog's and five cats? It would seem very weird for an investigator to want to come to my house.
                  Last edited by kc12; 10-03-2007, 04:53 AM.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by antwatersx View Post
                    deyosurf,

i met with the special investigator in june. had the same issues. i hope your paperwork is organized--they need it all. initial meeting lasts at least a few hours and they can't meet at your house i believe because it may implement a bias, etc.

once you've completed your pre-investigation meetings, and have completed all other pre screening steps you pretty much just wait and log on to CASS religiously.
                    Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                    5-7 hours is the worst case scenario. My last SSBI interview only took two hours included BSing after the fact. Granted that was not a CBP case, but there aren't that many more questions with CBP and I do have several issues that needed to be resolved.

As far as going someplace for your interview it is policy no interviews in someone's house. There are several reasons for this this biggest one is as an investigator the last place I want to go is in someone's house there are too many things that could go very wrong. Not too mention do you really want to go to someone's house who has three dog's and five cats? It would seem very weird for an investigator to want to come to my house.
                    Thanks for all the info guys!!!

Guess it makes sense. Starting to loose money at work though to accomodate all these steps. I would be so ****ed if I went throught all these motions and didn't get the job.

Comment

• Does anyone know the minimum length of stay at an address to require its being listed under the category of previous addresses?
                      CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Put every address down, even if for a day. Omission is like lying in the BGI's eyes.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• officer slots after resgining

Had a question for anyone who might have an educated answer. i was already hired in as a cbpo and went thru fletc. due to personal business back home that couldnt wait i had to resign for personal reasons and leave fletc a week before my graduation. i was wondering in a case like this if you can reapply or get rehired without going thru the entire process from scratch. anyone ever heard of anything like this.
                            Thanks

Comment

• barnaj,
                              You'll have to go through FLETC from the beginning, if they rehire you.

Comment

• Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
                                barnaj,
                                You'll have to go through FLETC from the beginning, if they rehire you.
                                I saw something in the FLETC literature that said if a student is in good academic standing that they may return to the point that they left off at.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5148 users online. 191 members and 4957 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X