Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that have recently gotten offers under VRA, how flexible were they when selecting duty stations?

Comment

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m still in the academy - due to the great FLETC shutdown but my port has given extra time off to the Officers to avoid the disease, generous rotating schedules, etc. It’s really dependent on where guys are honestly. Every port is different.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @raptor170

Land border ports are pretty much running more or less as usual...at least as far as cargo goes. Passenger traffic is down at least 90%. People are working as usual...but, depending on circumstances, working may mean a whole lot of busy work and down time.

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 hey a payheck is a paycheck. Good to hear they are still working at the least.

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I got Orlando by just asking under VRA... whatever u want, you will most likely get

• Can somebody tell what the Pre-security interview is? Has somebody gone through it? Is the meeting with your BI or what?

I put in for a waiver for the poly, but the MHC tells me it cannot process until I complete this interview...

Thanks

Comment

• handsom4life
      handsom4life commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey how are you doing? Sorry to bother you I notice that you have to tale the Pre-security interview. Have you taken it if so what's involved? I've been the CBP process before and never had to do it, my SI is still good from last time.

• Anyone heading to JFK OR is already at JFK?

Comment

• SonicDust187
      SonicDust187 commented
      Editing a comment
      JFK in November.

• Jant7
      Jant7 commented
      Editing a comment
      SonicDust187 same here, I EOD on the 13th of Nov. have you heard anything about how it is at JFK?

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      SonicDust187 & Jant7 congrats good luck hope to join you at JFK if when I am given the opportunity. Keep us posted.

• SonicDust187
      SonicDust187 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jant7 not a word. I start on the 9th.

• Good morning all.

I can Almost see the finish line for this process, now I can taste it. My dream job is mine for the taking now. It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. For everyone that’s in the process just keep your head up and Stay focused. For those who complain about the process, just keep in mind how many people are actually applying for these jobs (A LOT), and complaining about a job you want and don’t even have yet only sets you up for failure. Just a brief timeline for y’all. I’ve been seeking OFO for over four years now and oh man it wasn’t easy but luckily I had a career path already set for myself and I stayed determined even when I was told no.

For everyone that have been getting their EOD dates this month, what dates are they handing out?

Stay strong and safe y’all.

Comment

• stanford.west
      stanford.west commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx man. I think something happened then what that announcement came out and I missed the opportunity to apply but when I applied four years ago it was for Miami and I wasn’t even living here yet lol. But I will try my best to stay in south east fl.

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 My followup poly was in Newark (first was elsewhere), which people have rumored is the worst. I thought it went fairly smooth, the administrator was professional and quite pleasant. The other 2 polygraphers I saw in passing seemed pleasant, as well. I cannot give specifics about the questions or procedure, but try not to worry about it. You'll be asked certain specific past crimes you may have been involved with... and most won't hurt your process if you're honest about it! There will be no surprise questions, so there's nothing to be nervous about. I know, you'll still be nervous, it's an unknown thing and a major step in the hiring process... but if you're honest and don't try to hide or mislead... you'll be fine. I was crazy amped up in my first poly and it sucked, but I knew what to expect after that and was much more relaxed. Expect it to take all day, so bring a snack and something to drink.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rubicon thanks for sharing your experience. I understand no need to be specific. What announcement are you in and what location are you seeking?

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I'm 19-9, CBPO.

• Anyone in Florida (Miami and Orlando) interested in doing a swap, and coming to Boston MA?

Comment

• Is anyone starting academy July 25

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm Jul 28, Class 545

• DrigoCBP
        DrigoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        July 22 & V_AntCBP how do u know what class u are in? Did u get a final offer letter? ... i dont think i ever got that info

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        DrigoCBP class number is listed on final offer letter.

• When you get the call to EOD, do they offer you a single POE or a few and you get the choice?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        a list of them to choose from

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        They offer the critical areas in need first. Example Texas, Arizona, and California. Then they will offer other cities available

• I am June 26 class 539

Comment

• First post but have been lurking for years.
        Anyone else 19-6?

Long story short, my initial process was back in 2014. In 2016, I had both a CBPO and BPA offer. I'm a DPT, and had just signed a contract at a hospital - so I had to turn both down.

Fast forward to last year, I'd had it with healthcare and the unethical crap going on - I decided to reapply to CBPO - as the new age limit allowed me to do so. I started working with TSA last fall to get me into the airport swing of things.

So here I am. Background adjudication just completed and updated in CASS yesterday. Awaiting the drug test now.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was 19-6. I selected New Orleans - but seeing what others have been offered, that's looking highly unlikely.

Comment

• I’m in class CBPOBT-544 .. in Atlanta

Comment

• 210CBPO
            210CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            What is your eod? Im 543 eod july 1st. Good luck

• So if the academy does restart next month with the stipulations they have already said they are planning to run with. I'm gonna assume I'll be able to get to FLETC by about Sept maybe. Anyone from class 527 got their own guess?

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP yea he was from BP. He came to OFO to be a supervisor but has to do the CBPO academy just like everyone else. Same if you left OFO in a few years for BP.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            TsFost oh damn, thats explain my confusion... I was like what the heck...haha

• Gixxerman
            Gixxerman commented
            Editing a comment
            @Dodge-Guy19-4.... I totally agree. I'd like to drive for that reason, I want as much creature comforts as possible. I was in FLETC back in 2000, I only left the base once.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Proportionally, the BP has far more management than OFO has. Since it's easier to promote there, it stands to reason that some will promote up...and then jump to OFO for a better location. Although, they probably end up losing money...depending on their port.

Last edited by showtime15; 05-20-2020, 03:13 PM. Reason: Mispost if that’s a word

Comment

• How's it going merlin436? Can we be friends again? I need your insight on something, want to ask you a question!
            Timeline:
            DAL-ERO-10676067-DH-MJ --- Applied 1/15/20 --- Many steps & some COVID delay ---
            EOD end of FY 20

((≡≡))

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Honestly, I don't know.

I imagine that there's a fair amount of similarity due to the closeness of the two positions and the fact that it's pretty much the same people doing much of the hiring process. The fitness requirements largely disappear for CBPASs. The basic qualification vetting changes from more of an experience driven qual of a CBPO to an expanded educational qual for CBPASs. No mandated polygraph for CBPASs. Retirement is standard so no maximum hiring age or mandated retirement.for the CBPASs. I believe that Aggies are limited to secret clearances...at most. Their Academy is also shorter and easier.

• Page
              Page commented
              Editing a comment
              OK. Well, the hiring center lists parts of the process, but it does not really appear that it would make sense to do them as "steps" in the order that they listed, it would be unusual if it were done in that order I think. Used to be that they did the same written test as CBPO, looks like they got rid of that, maybe not necessary since the academic credits are already evaluated. Well, if I ever make it along in that application process I will park the application steps in my timeline! Not sure where else around there would be forum info on this particular job besides Delphi, but I did not even see anything there.
              Last edited by Page; 05-21-2020, 10:37 PM.

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              There's also only around 2400 CBPASs vs 24,000 CBPOs and CBPASs are stationed in about half of the locations that CBPOs are...so the ultimate hiring chances and job flexibility is less for the Aggies.

• Page
              Page commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I realize it's a long shot, and it would definitely not be my first choice job anyway. But, you never know, I will try for it anyway. I'm sure the limited number of spots accounts for why it is hard to get real world info on how exactly the hiring process plays out for people as far as steps and timelines.

• Good afternoon everyone,
            I EOD Aug 28th at Long Beach and am suppose to start the academy September 14th. Has anyone heard how many months classes are behind or when academies will start up again?

Thank you

Comment

• bchalmers
              bchalmers commented
              Editing a comment
              Jbenz thank you for the Info. Thank goodness we get paid when we EOD.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              bchalmers if we can EOD lol... they may push back EOD since lot of new hires will possibly stay home several months waiting for Fletc (4-6 months after EOD is my guess) ... I don't know if they want to pay people that long... I hope they do though... i EOD in Jul.

• Jbenz
              Jbenz commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP, I EOD in June and I’m really hoping they don’t push back the EOD’s. I would think that they would lose some new hires if that were the case.

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              When it comes to retention and recruitment, I've never noticed the agency all that concerned about losing people or making efforts at accommodating.

• First time poster on this forum. I received my final letter this week stating who and where I’m reporting to. EOD is 7/15. In my letter it did not talk about my academy date being postponed. It still shows an academy date of 7/30. I’ve been reading all this info about classes being cancelled, but the information being relayed to us newbies isn’t reflecting that. Just my experience. My letter did say to wait 24hrs prior to contacting my POC at my duty station for exact reporting time, so I’m going to wait a few weeks since it’s still May. I also have read about the strict restrictions of not being able to leave once arrived. I am in SC and was hoping to come back to visit my child but I guess we just hang on during the ride and enjoy the new experience. I’m looking forward to it all . We’ve waited this long in the process.

Comment

• cstephensiv
              cstephensiv commented
              Editing a comment
              If you contact your POC they will let you know what to expect and if you will be required to report to POE or if your pre academy on-boarding will be virtual. what announcement/location did you accept?
              Last edited by cstephensiv; 05-21-2020, 08:30 AM.

• QJSBlue
              QJSBlue commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats =)

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              As of right now, EOD is still the same for everyone who has received final offer letter. But surely Fletc will be pushed back. All classes that were in progress when Fletc shutdown in Mar need to get finished first. I EOD Jul 13 and expecting Fletc in Nov-Dec time frame, could go into Feb Mar next year if they keep social distance rules and not allowed people to stay at local hotels, means they have to cut class size down and the amount of people allowed on site. Info from a training sup, Girlcarolina3 Fletc will be opened Jun 1, people will be self isolated for 14 days upon arrival, not allowed to leave academy until training is complete. Are you in 545 like me?
              Last edited by V_AntCBP; 05-24-2020, 07:12 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6809 users online. 357 members and 6452 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X