Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get a final offer over the phone while the background is still in progress? I got an EOD date for September 28th. Last I heard from my background investigator the only thing left was to meet in person, but we aren’t allowed to right now because of the stay at home orders. I’m wondering when I’ll get the formal email with the academy #.

Comment

• CBPO-ND
      CBPO-ND commented
      Editing a comment
      Pembina, North Dakota

• Mcdanh1
      Mcdanh1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did u select ok to enter on duty on a provisional status? They are against phone interviews but they are still meeting me next week.

• CBPO-ND
      CBPO-ND commented
      Editing a comment
      Mcdanh1 I think I did.

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you sign provisional clearance consent?

• Originally posted by moquito26 View Post
    Captain, the exact same thing happened to me. I was 17-10 the first time, waited the two years and now I'm 20-6. Currently stuck at 38% due to a vision waiver. Hopefully that doesn't take too long to clear. Good luck to you!
    Thank you. I hope everything goes smoothe as what you expected for you. This whole process requires deep patience. Don't give up on trying.

Comment

• Don't worry my Investigator came to FLETC to see me... So they'll get to you wherever you are, what ever stage in your CBP training you're in. Good Luck btw !!! Congrats

Comment

• Anyone have the same EOD date as me? 8/28/20

Comment

• Does anyone know what the policy is for going home on the weekends while in FLETC? My wedding is scheduled for when I’ll be in FLETC so I’m wondering if I’ll be allowed to fly home Friday night and come back Sunday.

Comment

• CBPO-ND
            CBPO-ND commented
            Editing a comment
            TsFost how and when will they notify you? I haven’t heard from anyone since I was given my EOD date.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            CBPO-ND they will contact you just as they have so far. Probably an email or phone call when they finally get things rolling a good bit. I'm class 527 and hoping to see FLETC by at least Sept.

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your weekends are your own time. As long as you report where you'll be and you're in class Monday morning they don't care. That said, given all the delays recently I wouldn't be surprised if they authorize 6 day class weeks to make up time.

• Kevin1234
            Kevin1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            leaving on a weekend at the moment is a no no. They aren't allowing people to go back to their respective cities when they reopen. Hopefully it gets better and these rules will be thrown out. But so far, this is what's being said.

• First time writer on this forum and just recently finished the written CBP test and passed, I guess now I await the update for referral. Does anyone know the general timeline on that? I know the eQIP is after and so on.

Also, I’ve seen many folks on here talking about completion rates in the format of percentages, is there a specific place I can see that or have I not reached that point as of yet?

Comment

• Wehob89
            Wehob89 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’ll be a while probably because of the current situation.

Download the CBP Jobs app. That’s where I see my progress.

• ProtoCBP
            ProtoCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the forum. I recommend downloading the CBP Jobs app. Once you get referred, the app is a quick way to track your progress in the hiring process.

• Anyone have a duty station San Francisco? If so, do you guys live in San Francisco or outside of San Fran? If so, what city? Do you have roommates or living by yourself? I’m looking at living situations if I’m going to be working at the San Fran port.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

• Jackpot40
            Jackpot40 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm also going to San Fran as of right now. Not sure about how my living situation will be but im looking to room up. When do you EOD?

• Finally got to 50% on CASS this week on a 20-4 application. Medical exam took 2 months from exam to Secondary exam with a doctor who was confused by the referral. Now the great wait for Poly. During my SI the recruiter/interviewer said 6 months. I’m sure I’m looking at at least December until any movement on that front.

Comment

• SPX
            SPX commented
            Editing a comment
            19-2 here, applied November 2018 and waiting for polygraph since. My medical cleared(green checkmark) with no hiccups March 2019.

What sucks is that I got a e-mail stating that I would be getting a call to schedule the polygraph in a few weeks from my recruiter early March 2020. Literally 2-3 days later the pandemic got worst and everything started shutting down. Got that call from CBP if I was still interested late April 2020 and answered yes. They're resuming polygraph scheduling once restrictions from COVID-19 are over.

• Theone720
            Theone720 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where did you guys sign up to have your poly administered? I wonder if certain ports may have longer delays due to a higher demand?

• Rubicon
            Rubicon commented
            Editing a comment
            There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the scheduling. I picked DC but was scheduled in my home town, and again in Newark for a followup poly. I'm a 19-9/GS-7 applicant but ahead of many people who applied before me and behind others. I'm in the BI stage now...

I thought briefly that test scores gave me an edge since I'm confident I missed less than 5 questions on my entrance exams, but GS-9 folks don't even test so should be ahead of me. So... I think they just use a bingo machine and pull our numbers randomly.

Good luck to all of my fellow applicants, keep working out and eating right (I know, I know... easier said than done). Apply for other fed and local LE jobs if that's what you're interested in. I applied for local stuff too, but they've been put on hold because of the virus.

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Theone720 after I took my interview they said "don't be surprised to get your poly scheduled in the next few weeks." My SI was last April... Still no poly haha. At this point, I'll be surprised if I ever get it.

• Anyone know how long it takes to get cleared after speaking to one of their psychologists?

Comment

• Theone720
            Theone720 commented
            Editing a comment
            It took about a full business week for me to get the green check but I was cleared verbally on the phone

• Bentley32
            Bentley32 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh great. Mine was a minor issue about 5 years ago and thought it would be fine. Now I'm thinking otherwise..

• Has anyone been scheduled for the poly?

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            No sir - wait continues

• SPX
            SPX commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope 19-2 here and still waiting.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            The wait continues let’s see hopefully things start up again in June.

• Hey guys I’m new to this forum and was just wondering how long you guys think the exams will be temporarily suspended. I got a call a few weeks ago from the polygraph dept. asking if I’m still interested in the position I applied for being that all polygraphs are suspended because of corona. I’m just really hoping it won’t be too long and just wanted to know what you guys think and how long you all believe it will take.
          thanks a lot.

Comment

• AdamF2882
            AdamF2882 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sit back and enjoy the ride. I’m in NJ and have been waiting to schedule my poly since July 2019. Depending on where you are, it’s a long slow drawn out process.

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m in NJ applied for 19-4 still no poly. If I had to guess I’m hoping to be scheduled by end of the year.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sit tight it will happen one of these days. I been only waiting since April of 2019 over a year already. I gave up on figuring out the logistics to this process. I had no issues with my medical and it took over six months to officially clear. Go figure that one. Anyway good luck stay safe and be positive.

• Turboboigti
            Turboboigti commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here corsair fonzi7979, since April of 2019, 19-2 EWR

• So without going through 4K of forum pages, how many people can say they have had their poly waivered?

and what’s the fastest someone has been hired, is this whole “fast track” actually fast?

Comment

• KYpoPo
            KYpoPo commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you get your poly waivered?

• Kevin1234
            Kevin1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got my poly waived and get my offer to EOD and start Fletc in 10 months.

• SAS-CBPO
            SAS-CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            I got my final offer in 10 months. No waiving poly. VRA/DH

• Wehob89
            Wehob89 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have an active full scope from another agency and an active TS/SCI yet still was denied a waiver for both. (Army Vet)

• Hello

I recently accepted my conditional job offer, filled out my personal history questionnaire and signed my OF-306 for CBPO Grade 7.

What should I expect next? Structured interview? Medical? Please let me know.

Comment

• EODGS
            EODGS commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied on March 27th. Since then I've completed the EQIP, fingerprints, medical, and fitness test over a five week span. From what I've seen the SI and poly are delayed due to the pandemic.

• Anyone that recently got the call remember hearing if Laredo, TX was available?

Comment

• jdop7
            jdop7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the call in March and was offered Laredo, and pretty much every border crossing south of Laredo. However, that was about 2 months ago

• cstephensiv
            cstephensiv commented
            Editing a comment
            jdop7 yeah, I just moved my POE from WA to TX. WA is just too far and its super expensive! Guess Ill be learning Spanish soon!!

When do you EOD? I EOD 11/13/20
            Last edited by cstephensiv; 05-19-2020, 03:22 PM.

• jdop7
            jdop7 commented
            Editing a comment
            cstephensiv I EOD on7/27 and academy starts on 8/10. And yeah the cost of living in South Texas is really affordable

• Hello everyone, I'm back (maybe?) under 20-7. I got my NOR for the SI, completed my onboarding forms, and got the email to complete my background investigation packet. Even got the email saying I've been tentatively selected. However in the CBP jobs app, I have no active application and never got an email with my applicant ID. I am assigned a case manager though and have an applicant ID because I'm seeing a number used to associate my steps completed so far (SI and EQIP email). Hopefully they change their minds this time around.
          18-2

3/02/20: NOPA
          3/13/20: Response Sent
          4/22/20: Unsuitable
          5/04/20: Reapplied
          10/20/20: Pre-security Interview

Comment

• rocky1988
            rocky1988 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you dont mind me asking, the NOPA was it in regards to BI or something else?
            I just completed my interview and waiting for the final part.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3172 users online. 153 members and 3019 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X