300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally cleared my self medical certification CASS still at 63%
    took my drug test 5/5 waiting results! Anyone else waited over a week for results?

Comment

• Safranco2
      Safranco2 commented
      Editing a comment
      jdop7 so it took you 2-3 weeks to find out you pass the drug?

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Safranco2 Took me about 2 weeks for it to update on my CASS. When I called to see why it was taking so long she told me that CASS only updates once a week

• d0212
      d0212 commented
      Editing a comment
      Took about a week and a half for it to update on my CASS. You're approaching the finish line Safranco2

• jdop7
      jdop7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Safranco2 it took about 2-3 weeks for me to get the results. They don't send an email or anything, it just updates on CASS. I've always been clean though, so I wasn't worried about when the results would come in.

• I saw Boston on the critical shortages list and it made me wonder if it's for any of the ports that fall under the Boston field office or if it's just for the ports in the city of Boston? Does anyone know?

Comment

• im waiting for laredo or san ysidro to open next month to apply .
    i think is the best chance to get hired in larger ports of entry like san ysidro or laredo even nogales ( calexico is another option , is open to apply this month but i will wait for next month if there is more options)
    Last edited by JoseG; 05-12-2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• straightaim
      straightaim commented
      Editing a comment
      It doesn’t matter what’s open when you apply. What matters is what’s available when you’re offered the job months or years down the road. I didn’t get offered any of my top choices that were available when I applied because they were filled by the time my offer came. I got offered places that weren’t open when I applied. I wouldn’t waste time waiting for places to open, this is a long hiring process.

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      JoseG I agree with straightaim... there was a lot of locations that were offered, but not the ones I really wanted that were on my announcement. So I picked the best location I could.

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      JoseG when you apply direct hire, they have to offer you the port you selected when you applied initially. They will offer you critical ports like calexico and Arizona for example. When i got the offer, Laredo was not open nor had it been for months, but it was still offered (and obvi I took it). Even though i got the call 1.5 yrs later I was told they would offer me my selected port after giving me all the other options. I don't know if the general hire is different but I've heard it is. Good luck!

• Hey guys,

im new here but I was hoping maybe someone could help out.

im at 63%.

still shows BI pending.

I interviewed with the investigator summer of last year though. Anyone have their investigation take this long?

I only have the drug test left after that. I’ve been processing since summer of 2018. Not sure why the process is this slow.

Comment

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine took almost 2 years after I met with an investigator. And I don't have much going on in my background.

• Tracyman
      Tracyman commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here I’m at a 63% coming up on a year in august. All I have left is the drug test. Just patiently waiting.

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. There's no rhyme or reason with this application process. My field investigator closed my sit-down portion up back in May 2019. I hit a year of no updates or movement. Still at the 63% mark. (18-12) All I need is the green light on background and drug test.

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re almost there. However I still need my Poly, Background, and Drug test. With the corona going around it will probably be awhile

• Since we all have a bunch of time on our hands - What do you think could be done to better the application process?

Examples
    -Opening up applications every few months vs monthly
    -Non negotiable locations when you apply
    -Increasing the physical fitness requirements to rule out people earlier in the process
    -NOPA people prior to BI regarding credit issues
    -Sending out a questionnaire prior to polygraph exam *apparently people confess stuff during polygraph that DQ's them
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      With the amount of people they need, they would ruin themselves with making the PT test harder. There really isn't a need to increase it for the type of work. If anything, take the poly out. That wastes so much time and resources up until that step and it needlessly eliminates people.

I think the main goal would be to get people through the process faster. If they could schedule a chunk of steps in one day, that would be the best thing they could do.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Recruit and hire people locally. That way the agency doesn't waste time and effort to hire people who, from day one, are just looking for way out of their port and, if they don't end up finding a way to relocate in a reasonable length of time, simply up and quit forcing the agency to restart the vicious cycle of hiring again.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Create a position that basically mirrors the CBP Tech position and hire all new CBPOs from the pool of "CBP Techs". That would ensure that new CBPOs would be well versed with the agency and their port and give the agency a sort of a taste of "new" hires before they are hired as CBP Officers.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @sheridan1

The polygraph is mandated by federal law. Good luck getting Congress to back the removal of it.

• Originally posted by Wehob89 View Post
    Hey guys,

im new here but I was hoping maybe someone could help out.

im at 63%.

still shows BI pending.

I interviewed with the investigator summer of last year though. Anyone have their investigation take this long?

I only have the drug test left after that. I’ve been processing since summer of 2018. Not sure why the process is this slow.
    fonzi7979 I believe it’s Announcement #: 18-12

i tested in august of 2018. The problem is, I changed my phone number and was locked out of usajobs so I had to recreate a login. Now my application doesn’t show in usajobs. Only shows on the cbp app.

ive been completing each task timely so not sure why it’s been almost two years.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      1) reach out to a recruiter so they have the correct contact Information

2) Some of us have been waiting almost 1.5 years for a polygraph - the process is deff running even slower with the whole covid-19 issue. I’d be annoyed waiting that long for a background to complete.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts are why not email cbp contact center, BI Case Manager or local recruiter if you have not done so already. I’m just being patient and awaiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam.

• Got the call!!
    picked Long Beach Ca
    EOD - 11/24
    Academy 12-10

Comment

• Safranco2
      Safranco2 commented
      Editing a comment
      ProtoCBP you’re in El Paso? What class are you?

• ProtoCBP
      ProtoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Safranco2 Yeah, I currently live in El Paso. I’m class 540

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here but I didn’t get a class #! Normal?

• commandostyle
      commandostyle commented
      Editing a comment
      looks like you should get your class# once you get your final selection letter, closer to when you EOD. 6-8 weeks before eod is what I saw someone posted.

• How long from the application being submitted will i find out if its been referred? Also, will having a current DHS Clearance help expedite any of the process?

Comment

• QJSBlue
      QJSBlue commented
      Editing a comment
      It took about a week for my application to be referred.

• corsairfonzi7979

sorry I just signed up to this forum so I’m still trying to figure out how to properly quote.

October 2019 I received an email from the program manager congratulating me on my progress and with a couple of attachments about Glynco.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t lost in the system somewhere because that’s happened to me with another federal agency.

only reason I haven’t asked for an update is because I was a background investigator. It’s near impossible to get updates on your BI once it goes to adjudication.

Comment

• 19-3, STILL waiting for a poly

Comment

• Florida_Man
        Florida_Man commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 corsair this process sucks.. makes me feel they are as disorganized as TSA

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Florida_Man I hear you. I guess more waiting and hopefully we have a good examiner for the poly because from reading the horror stories on this forum makes you think. Of course there is 2 sides to the story always. Keep positive.

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        19-3 VRA here with an APPROVED polygraph waiver and im still waiting on BI and DRug test

• Wehob89
        Wehob89 commented
        Editing a comment
        MattCBP I applied to a VRA posting and a regular one I believe. I’m not sure which one I’m processing with. But, I heard with VRA you can be posted anywhere you choose. Is that true? Do you know what makes VRA different than general hire?

• Anybody still waiting from the 18-3 announcement from 12/2017 to get a polygraph test?
      MY TIMELINE
      12/2017- Referred to a GL-9 Position
      12/2017- EQIP Cleared
      01/2018- Medical Appointment
      02/2018- PFT Pass
      04/2018- SI Pass
      05/2018- Medical requests 3 docs pertaining to my Asthma and Vision for further review
      07/2019 Medical Cleared, so it took 1.7 years for medical to clear me. 3 documents took 1.2 years to review.
      Poly????? was told in July 2019 that I would hear from a Poly rep in about 6 weeks. It’s now May of 2020 and all I got was the call 2 weeks ago asking if I’m still interested in CBP
      BI?????
      Drug Test????
      FO- 2027 hopefully
      I’m trying to break a record for the longest application process prior to possibly getting hired.
      Last edited by AdamF2882; 05-13-2020, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Redwings1993
        Redwings1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m with you man. Applied back in August 2017, took about a year for them to let me know I failed my medical. Reapplied in late 2018, awaiting poly now. Got you beat haha, almost 3 years! Just got to be patient, many applied after me and are now officers. It is what it is, I also have 8 years military background.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        AdamF2882 you definitely are there with many others I’m in 19-2 announcement I thought I was alone. I am still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam.

captain2008 sorry to hear that. How long was your exam?

Redwings1993 I’m speechless you have everyone beat for timeline.

To all thank you for sharing your experiences and I wish everyone best of luck with this long hiring process.

I am still trying to make sense of this hiring process but I guess no reason to drive yourself insane.

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm an 18-3 but mine cleared 2 months ago

• StevenMal
        StevenMal commented
        Editing a comment
        It took me 7 months for my medical. I’m 19-4 and now I’m just waiting for poly but with this covid going around it will probably be awhile

• So if the hiring center is based out of Minneapolis, (not sure correct if I am wrong), the stay at home order expires on Monday and is lifted that means many businesses can reopen so hopefully that includes hiring agencies like customs and borders and maybe we can hear updates about the hiring process and everyone can move along where he/she should be, just being a little positive and hopeful. Let 's see what happens, I am currently standing at 38% in CASS.

Comment

• Bassboy
        Bassboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent an email the background unit yesterday.. Havent received anything back but I am getting a little anxious.. I am 20-5 standing at 50% on CASS. I have a Top Secret clearance so I submitted a waiver request for the polygraph.. My application should not take long to go through and get done because of my clearance and military background but we will see..

• Originally posted by Safranco2 View Post
      ProtoCBP you’re in El Paso? What class are you?
      How did you get your assigned class #?

Comment

• ProtoCBP
        ProtoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        It is in my final selection email

• Originally posted by fonzi7979 View Post
      AdamF2882 you definitely are there with many others I’m in 19-2 announcement I thought I was alone. I am still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam.

captain2008 sorry to hear that. How long was your exam?

Redwings1993 I’m speechless you have everyone beat for timeline.

To all thank you for sharing your experiences and I wish everyone best of luck with this long hiring process.

I am still trying to make sense of this hiring process but I guess no reason to drive yourself insane.

The exam took about 6hours but I had terrible performance on that day which resulted as a unfavorable result. Therefore, I waited 2 years and reapplied this 20-5 announcement.

Comment

• moquito26
        moquito26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Captain, the exact same thing happened to me. I was 17-10 the first time, waited the two years and now I'm 20-6. Currently stuck at 38% due to a vision waiver. Hopefully that doesn't take too long to clear. Good luck to you!

• Bi interviews completed , Bi spoke to 3 prior job references on Wed. Social, Neighboring, current job and another prior employments references yesterday, as per her , she was submitting everything yersterday.
      Last edited by Mcdanh1; 05-15-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3495 users online. 172 members and 3323 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X