Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any CBPO DH 19-9 applicants here? Have you gotten any updates? I completed the EQIP, Medical, Fitness, and Structured Interview portions, and now I'm waiting for the Polygraph to be scheduled after being told in late April that it would be postponed. Does anybody have any insider insight into when things might return to relative normal? I know they said it'll be 2021 before any polygraph exams get scheduled, but I was hoping things might make a turnaround earlier. Also, at what point would we be able to let them know about any updated information we have for the background investigation? Also, what's the deal with the polygraphs? I've come across people online who have had a problem with its effectiveness. Also, what jobs have you all been applying to/looking for while you wait for the next step in the process? And lastly, what have you been doing to get/stay in shape while waiting? I'd appreciate anybody who might know a little more than I do.

Comment

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      If I recall academy classes for 2020 are filled but I don't remember being informed that polygraphs wouldn't be scheduled until 2021. I'd assume once they have things sorted out to resume and open the academy along with the hiring process they can restart rescheduling polygraphs/interviews later this year. I'll take a guess and say they're going to open and resume the hiring process by late summer or early fall. (I hope... earlier would be nice too.)

19-2 here and still waiting for my polygraph so hunker down and wait.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did you hear they aren't starting polygraphs until 2021? When the recruiter called me the other week to clarify if I was still interested he said in the coming weeks/months they'll be up and running.

Regarding effectiveness it is what it is - there’s no way around it. I wouldn’t look around the internet about it either, I’d suggest to sticking to the CBP website for information
      about the poly.

I think someone on here got a date for the end of the year but yeah I’d agree EOD are set for 2021 and on.
      Last edited by corsair; 05-10-2020, 11:32 AM.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      SPX I’m 19-2 as well for JFK and I received a call from the polygraph division to confirm I am still interested as well as to confirm my email address. The gentleman reassured that your file is active and once the national Emergency shutdown is lifted the polygraph exam will resume. EOD at this point unfortunately going to be pushed into 2021.
      Last edited by fonzi7979; 05-11-2020, 06:26 AM.

• Good evening everyone,
    Are academy classes getting pushed back? I EOD LA/Long Beach Seaport August 28 and start the Academy September 14th. Any info is helpful. Thanks

Comment

• ProtoCBP
      ProtoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Beaueeeazy How is admin leave after you EOD in LA? I EOD there next month and was planning on staying at an extended stay or something similar. With the academy dates getting pushed back, staying at a hotel could get pretty expensive. Do you know if we have to stay in LA after pre academy until our classes at FLETC start, or can people go back to their current residence and wait for their FLETC start date?

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      ProtoCBP Once you get your final letter, it will have a point of contact. Contact that person for specific details.
      Myself and a friend both recently onboarded. One of us had already moved family and live local, the other was still living across the country. That said, the one living local to the port onboarded in person and was on admin leave the next day, the non local one was onboarded virtually from home and also placed on leave. If you dont already live local to your port, verify with your POC what they want to do.

• bigal.
      bigal. commented
      Editing a comment
      When do they give you your POC info?

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      BigAl it's in your final selection letter. I recieved mine by email about 6-8 weeks prior to my EoD.

• Hello guys, I'm new here.

I first applied in January, passed the entrance exam but got rejected because, according to them, my submitted documents were not official. A week later I decided to give it another try and made sure to upload the official certifications and University transcripts, and now I'm waiting for a notice of results.

I think I qualify for both GS-5 and GS-7. For GS-5 I have the general work experience and a bachelor's degree in Criminal justice and forensic Investigation which I completed with superior academic achievement. For GS-7 I meet the Bachelor's Degree in a related field with superior academic achievement. I think I'm more fit for GS-5, and I'm ok with that.

If I get rejected, then I'll just keep getting better until I make it.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a business management degree with superior academics and I was approved for GS 7.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      jfiguesilv94 I would reach out them and they can walk you through it.

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t be discouraged! I was waiting for my medical to clear for 7 months and it finally did. There is gonna be a lot of waiting. I’m probably looking at 2 years till everything is done. Give them a shout and CBP with try to help you !

• m4rk567
      m4rk567 commented
      Editing a comment
      @corsair
      I saw you posted that you have a Business Management degree (high gpa) and applied for GS-7. Have you tried GS-9? I am in similar situation but thinking if I should apply for GS9 and was wondering if you had experience or knowledge of it.

• Hey everyone I just signed up for this forum and this is my first post. I have been an avid read of this forum since I applied and it has helped me get through this long process! Just got the call last week and I EOD May 18th 2020 and was supposed to go to the academy May 21st 2020, but I believe it’s canceled until further notice. Just wondering if any fellow classmates are on here? Oh and I POE is Ajho AZ

Comment

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats that was super fast. Did you apply as direct hire?

• rmpee
      rmpee commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like BPA not OFO...am I right?

• GarrettB
      GarrettB commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it was surprisingly fast than I expected after reading some of the horror stories from other people on here lol. And yes for BPA

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      GarrettB it's because more people apply for OFO then BPA, and BP is in bad need for officers. I was told this during my BP SI by the supervisors that did it.

• Has anyone else in the 19 announcements choose Blaine, Wa or am I the only one?? LOL

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      cstephensiv Lol I wish I could say I did but unfortunately I’m in 19-2 and still waiting to be scheduled for my Polygraph Exam.

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I hope you hear something soon. I wish we all could understand the process a little more than just having to sit and wait... it all down hill after the poly..hang in the brother!!!

• Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, but I have been in this process quite a while. Applied for the first time in late 2017 after I graduated college. Went through the process for a little over a year, and had to withdraw due to my vision. I left off in the final stages of my BI.

Finally got LASIK recently. I reapplied prior to my 90 day recovery and they cleared my Poly two weeks after reapplying. Had to withdraw again, and reapply once I reached 90 days recovery. Waited and after my 90 days recovery I re-applied in March. They are taking a really long time to reflect my poly as completed this time around. Anyone experience this? I passed it on 10/2018. I seriously do not want to retake it. I took it twice 6hrs the first time and 4hrs the last time.

So far I have 50% completion on my CASS.

CBPO DH 20-6

03/01/20: Applied

03/05/20: Entrance Exam — Completed

03/11/20: Notice of Results — Tentative offer for GS-7 Accepted

03/16/20: Structured Interview — Completed/Passed

03/24/20: Medical — Completed/Passed

04/02/20: PFT — Completed/Passed

PENDING: Polygraph (Previously Passed on 10/2018)

PENDING: BI

PENDING: Drug

PENDING: Final Offer

Comment

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      if I recall correctly, your poly is only good for a year before it expires... so if it did expire in a year, you'll need to retake it... why'd you withdraw so many times? if you don't mind answering

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t know why you had to withdraw and reapply after 90 days .. By the time your background would clear, and got an EOD date, im sure 90 days would have passed giving you plenty of time to recover. At this point, u can expect long waits due to the situation in hand. I don’t think you’ll have to retake the poly but who knows. You just have to wait it out now.

• cwp93
      cwp93 commented
      Editing a comment
      thelonelybum it's valid for two years so I am good until this upcoming October.

First time I withdrew because I could not waiver the medical due to not having previous LEO experience with my vision. CBP would not let me continue the process unless I got LASIK.

Finally got LASIK December 2019. Re-applied in January was told I had to withdraw again and reapply once I reached 90 days recovery.

• cwp93
      cwp93 commented
      Editing a comment
      DrigoCBP I''m not sure either. I called them to ask them that as well, but they were saying that they needed to ensure there were no complications post-surgery so that's why I had to wait 90 days. I am just trying to hold on to the last bit of patience that I have — there's been a lot of back-and forth.

• HELP
    I appied for CBPO GS9 and CBPO direct hire GS9 and i have gotten selected for both but o wanted to know which one of them i am in the process with. I have completed 90 percent of the process. All i have left is drug test. they are cureently investigating my background but on CASS im at a 63%. On CASS it just says CBPO. Does anyone knows if it would say CBPO dircet hire if i did get selected for that?
    Last edited by Tracyman; 05-11-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you applied for both and were accepted for both you’re good for both. You will be offered the locations in both applications that are available or any other POE available. You’re application process may go a little faster but every case is different. CASS will say CBPO.

• Does anyone know anything about CBP paying our student loans off. I saw something that says they pay up to 60k back. How does that work?

Comment

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to be employed with the agency for so many days, submit the request through the proper channels prior to the start of your semester. There is information on the internal site that walks you through it.

• For those that have been through the academy. When is the best time to eat/drink before the pushup, sprint and run test? Can you drink sports drinks during the run? Are the test administered in the morning, afternoon or later in the day?

Comment

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      The water bottle you're given at the start of the academy that you must carry around with you everywhere can only have water in it. As far as any other kind of drinks or snacks you'll have to drink them on breaks or between classes.

Most people in my session will eat pretty light at lunch prior to any physical stuff. Just varies from person to person.

Tests will vary depend on your session and which section you're in. I've had it in the morning and the afternoon. It will all be in your schedule you get when you check in prior to day one.

• No drinks during the run just water. When I went through UPTP and it could be morning or afternoon. Just worry about passing the Physical fitness portion.

Comment

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      What order are the tests given? Or does it vary from instructor to instructor?

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      Typically, it's sprint, pushups, then mile and half run. But this can vary on what's going on and how adaptive your class needs to be to what else is going on with other classes.

• Class cancellation for this year

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...-cancellations

Comment

• SheepDogg
      SheepDogg commented
      Editing a comment
      None of these are CBPO. These classes are for other agencies or for advanced training.

• Hello everyone,
    I’m heading to JFK which was my first choice, my EOD is 11/13 and Academy Date is 12/01. Anyone else going to JFK or have the same Academy Date?

if there is anyone who is already in JFK I was wondering how is it day to day, hours/work schedule, duties, atmosphere, camaraderie?

Thanks and goodluck to all of us.

Comment

• Jant7
      Jant7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, 19-9 was for GS9 so it’s faster because it skips a few steps. And cstephensiv I doubt it will be pushed back. Fletc is pretty big and most classes that have to finish don’t have many weeks left

• Jant7
      Jant7 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I’m a GS9 so I skipped a few steps

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      19-3 got the same dates. See you at FLETC

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you give us a timeline of your process

• Anyone know what the requirements to pass the sprint, push ups and 1 1/2 mile run are at the academy?

Comment

• KayCan
      KayCan commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told differently and unless it official in an email. Its a rumor to me.

• rmpee
      rmpee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait so you're saying you can pass the first two PATs then trip on a rock for the 3rd and you fail? Dunno.

Also sit and reach is clearly stated in my final offer letter as a requirement...

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      @kaycan
      Believe whatever you want,but I can tell you with 100% percent certainty that there is no sit and reach. Hasn't been one in many sessions now. It's not coming back.

rmpee yes the first two FGS don't mean anything it's the final that counts. Also, your email is outdated, no sit and reach. Welcome to the world of CBP.

• antoniojeff808
      antoniojeff808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just the 3 events. Push up, 220yd, and the mile and a half run. We just had our 1st fgs that wk before they shut down the academy.

• Anyone going to the academy on 12/01?

Comment

• annoucement 20-5 waiting for polygraph, background investation, and drug test. Anyone knows did you started to schedule polygraph yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5702 users online. 309 members and 5393 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X