300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eann86 View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Does anyone know what they mean by buses to FLETC? I’m supposed to be traveling to FLETC on June 26th in my own personal vehicle, has this changed? I know now that they won’t be letting us off base, taking a personal vehicle might be pointless or not even allowed?
    I believe they mean Buses from the airport to fletc

Comment

• Goodmorning ...

I’ve completed everything CASS at 88% no call yet. Any word on if they are still making offers ???

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        QueenBlue07 congrats to receiving final offer for JFK I see there is some hope and light at the end of this long process. What announcement are you in?

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        QueenBlue07 congrats !!!!

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on your offer. Which announcement are you? And can you give us your timeline in the process

• d0212
        d0212 commented
        Editing a comment
        QueenBlue07 Congrats!! See you at JFK

• Question: I've heard from my medical POC that I have to wait 90 days before I can get medically cleared, nothing major, just the wait time for LASIK. Question is, the process still moving forward with the background investigation etc.. or is it being put on hold until I get medically cleared?

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        mike2010 from what Corsair mentioned is correct from my timeline where my medical took over 6 months to clear with no additional requests along the process and I have yet to be scheduled for the polygraph exam and the background is still being processed to a point. From what I have read on this forum everyone’s process is different therefore no one really knows it to a T. Be patient I know it’s frustrating. What announcement are you in?

• AdamF2882
        AdamF2882 commented
        Editing a comment
        mike2010 so just a heads up, I failed me vision and had to go to my eye Dr to get cleared also I have asthma so they needed more info on those 2 issues of mine. They asked for more info which was 3 documents on both issues on 01/2018 and my medical didn’t clear until 07/2019. They told me 90 days to clear as well and it took 19 months. Everything was put on hold until my medical cleared.
        Last edited by AdamF2882; 05-07-2020, 08:01 AM.

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        Background wont begin until you get the pass on the poly....

• cwp93
        cwp93 commented
        Editing a comment
        This happened to me when I first applied. Was a little over a year into the process. Passed the Poly and was in the final stages of my BI. I had the option of requesting a waiver on the basis of prior experience in law enforcement with my vision, but I had none. Due to this I was forced to withdraw my application.

It's not the end of the world though. I got LASIK and I was cleared almost a week after I submitted my paperwork. You do have to wait 90 days of recovery until you can reapply.

• Originally posted by QueenBlue07 View Post
      V_AntCBP update: I got the call today !!! EOD novermber 23
      Where ya going? We EOD the same time. I’m 23rd of Nov scheduled too!

Comment

• *Sheesh*

Haven’t posted or been on this forum in a very long time. I hope all is well with each and everyone of you during this horrific pandemic. I’m announcement 19-2. I finally received a call sometime last week regarding my polygraph asking if I was still interested in the position. Which I most definitely am. The gentleman stated that I will be placed on his list and once things get back up and running, I will receive notification regarding when I’ll take my polygraph. Any 19-2’s still in here? What’s the latest? Anything new for you guys?

Comment

• ChampagnePapi
          ChampagnePapi commented
          Editing a comment
          You’ll get the call soon DThomasNYPD. A few friends of mine got their call a day or so after I got mine.

How long did the poly process take Greyhound8 & David1984 ? & After the poly, how long was the wait for the background check & the drug test until you got the final offer?

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          ChampagnePapi

19-2

SI- 1/19
          Poly Scheduled- 5/19
          Poly 1- 6/19 verbal pass
          Poly 2- 7/19 verbal pass again (finally passed and updated on CASS)
          BI- 9/19
          BI cleared- 4/20
          DT scheduled- 4/20/20
          DT taken- 4/22/20
          Final offer- 4/22/20

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          ChampagnePapi hang in there I’m in 19-2 for JFK as well I received that call last week and scheduling will begin again once the shutdown is lifted. Good luck it’s been a long waiting process but it is what it is.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 congrats hope maybe I will see you at Flect I’m in 19-2 just waiting to be scheduled for the poly and hopefully the rest will continue in a timely fashion. Good luck

• Hi Everyone!

I received the final call today and they left a voicemail. Also everything just cleared for me except of the drug test which I took last week. I tried calling back but had to leave a voicemail. Going to decide between JFK, Dulles or Newark if I have them as options.

Just got the call. EOD 11/20/20
        Last edited by bigal.; 05-07-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• cstephensiv
          cstephensiv commented
          Editing a comment
          bigal. are you VRA? If not once you hear back can you list the options available to you? Im not VRA and I am interested in Dulles. It just wasnt available last week for me.

• bigal.
          bigal. commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Fonzi7979

cstephensiv I am not VRA. I put in two applications and they were JFK and Dulles. He told me Dulles is currently not available. I chose JFK and also asked him if Newark was available which was.

• cstephensiv
          cstephensiv commented
          Editing a comment
          bigal. Was boston still available

• bigal.
          bigal. commented
          Editing a comment
          cstephensiv Yes, it was still available.

• Do any of you know if things carry over to a BPA application?
        I’m at 50% awaiting poly for CBP.

Comment

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          everything but the fitness test and interview transfer over. At least they did for me.

• SAS-CBPO My POE is JFK, we are doing virtual Onboard at the time.
        Last edited by Greyhound8; 05-07-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
          SAS-CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I just received my second email from POC about my EOD. She said we were going to do everything virtually. Good luck! See you some day at FLETC

• Has anyone have or had his SI rescheduled yet, I am announcement 20-5 here just wondering if anyone in the same announcement has received emails regarding SI?

Comment

• I eod June 8th out of Newark. I was instructed we doing virtual on boarding aswell. Every they will be done online until further notice...eod’s are still going strong

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Copy that, thanks for info, I eod Jul 13, little bit concerned.... Ed1990

• Are CBPOs training in pistol only or shotgun and rifle as well?

Comment

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            Shotguns are being phased out. Maybe one or two more sessions left that get to qual with them. It's all pistol and more m4 time from here on out.

• SonicDust187
            SonicDust187 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's the first I have heard about shotguns being phased out.

God, I hope that decision gets walked back.

The shotgun is a far more appropriate platform for OFO...all things considered. It's easier to learn. It's also far more effective at the typical close-in distances that OFO usually deals with.

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            They're already gone at my POE. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I disagree about ease of use though, M4 is far easier to learn for a novice. People continually have more issues during qual day with the 870 in my experience.

• Who else is virtually onboarding? I'm not so far Onboard in two weeks (May 20, 2020)
          Last edited by KayCan; 05-08-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• cstephensiv
            cstephensiv commented
            Editing a comment
            What is your POE?

• KayCan
            KayCan commented
            Editing a comment
            May 20th, 2020

• d0212
            d0212 commented
            Editing a comment
            KayCan I am virtually onboarding and I EOD at JFK next week.

• Just curious. After receiving the email saying your EQIP has been released and OPR is conducting your BI, how long before you were ever called by someone regarding your BI? It obviously varies, but as I said, just curious. It's been since August when I got the email and nothing yet.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
            DrigoCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            You won’t get contacted regarding you BI until AFTER you take the polygraph. After you pass the poly, you will be contacted by a BI to start the investigation

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            DrigoCBP oh yikes. Well it looks like I'll be waiting another year

• After meeting with BI in February, i never heard back from her but today i checked CASS and it cleared. I received the offer back in February but I was still stressing about not being 100% on cass. Now i can finally stop stressing lol. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

CBP Hiring Process VRA 19-12

9/9/19 - Applied ✅

9/11/19 - Entrance Exam ✅

9/16/19 - Notice of Results ✅

10/8/19 - Structured Interview ✅

10/9/19 - Medical ✅

10/11/19 - PFT ✅

1/28/20 - Polygraph ✅

2/10/20 - Met with BI✅

2/14/20 - BI met with references✅ BI cleared 5/08/20

2/13/20 - Drug Test ✅ cleared 2/28

2/19/20 - Final Call ✅ cleared 2/28

EOD - July 22 2020

FLETC - August 6 - December 15

Duty Location: Orlando, FL

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            cstephensiv same for me...lol WA here i come in 3 weeks

• cstephensiv
            cstephensiv commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP are you on boarding virtually or are you making your move regardless?

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            cstephensiv moving regardless, already sold my house and one of my cars. Quitting my job in 4 days so can't stick around...lol According to recently posts, I should get final offer letter this week or next to confirm my EOD and onboarding process. I hope I get it before moving to put my mind at ease. But i'm moving no matter what. Whats about you? When are you planning on moving to WA?

• kc.lin55
            kc.lin55 commented
            Editing a comment
            how you get Orlando? did you request it? thank you

• VRA 20-7 here, awaiting poly. CASS at 50%.. apparently polys are continuing as normal..
          Last edited by Montey; 05-08-2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Where’d you hear that - as many of us received calls last week saying the complete opposite.

• Montey
            Montey commented
            Editing a comment
            This was as per an IAD email:

"This is an automatic response to your email. If your inquiry is not covered below, we will respond to you with further information.

COVID-19: Polygraph operations at CBP will continue as normal. However, if you are ill, or traveling by air to attend a scheduled polygraph appointment, please request to cancel your test by contacting your examiner. Rescheduling is permitted following a COVID-19 cancellation. CBP strongly advises applicants to adhere to all local travel restrictions imposed to mitigate the spread of the virus. Tests canceled due to travel restrictions will be rescheduled. Please contact your examiner when you identify any travel problems."

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            They also give out handouts saying 12 weeks to be scheduled for the polygraph after passing the SI - I take all of this with a grain of salt. I was told on the phone by the recruiter no polygraphs atm and same thing from the recruiter via email.

• Montey
            Montey commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I'm sure it'll be a while before I hear anything

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5079 users online. 386 members and 4693 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X