Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAS-CBPO My POE is JFK, we are doing virtual Onboard at the time.
    Last edited by Greyhound8; 05-07-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
      SAS-CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I just received my second email from POC about my EOD. She said we were going to do everything virtually. Good luck! See you some day at FLETC

• Has anyone have or had his SI rescheduled yet, I am announcement 20-5 here just wondering if anyone in the same announcement has received emails regarding SI?

Comment

• I eod June 8th out of Newark. I was instructed we doing virtual on boarding aswell. Every they will be done online until further notice...eod’s are still going strong

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy that, thanks for info, I eod Jul 13, little bit concerned.... Ed1990

• Are CBPOs training in pistol only or shotgun and rifle as well?

Comment

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        Shotguns are being phased out. Maybe one or two more sessions left that get to qual with them. It's all pistol and more m4 time from here on out.

• SonicDust187
        SonicDust187 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the first I have heard about shotguns being phased out.

God, I hope that decision gets walked back.

The shotgun is a far more appropriate platform for OFO...all things considered. It's easier to learn. It's also far more effective at the typical close-in distances that OFO usually deals with.

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        They're already gone at my POE. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I disagree about ease of use though, M4 is far easier to learn for a novice. People continually have more issues during qual day with the 870 in my experience.

• Who else is virtually onboarding? I'm not so far Onboard in two weeks (May 20, 2020)
      Last edited by KayCan; 05-08-2020, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        What is your POE?

• KayCan
        KayCan commented
        Editing a comment
        May 20th, 2020

• d0212
        d0212 commented
        Editing a comment
        KayCan I am virtually onboarding and I EOD at JFK next week.

• Just curious. After receiving the email saying your EQIP has been released and OPR is conducting your BI, how long before you were ever called by someone regarding your BI? It obviously varies, but as I said, just curious. It's been since August when I got the email and nothing yet.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
        DrigoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        You won’t get contacted regarding you BI until AFTER you take the polygraph. After you pass the poly, you will be contacted by a BI to start the investigation

• rergang3
        rergang3 commented
        Editing a comment
        DrigoCBP oh yikes. Well it looks like I'll be waiting another year

• After meeting with BI in February, i never heard back from her but today i checked CASS and it cleared. I received the offer back in February but I was still stressing about not being 100% on cass. Now i can finally stop stressing lol. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

CBP Hiring Process VRA 19-12

9/9/19 - Applied ✅

9/11/19 - Entrance Exam ✅

9/16/19 - Notice of Results ✅

10/8/19 - Structured Interview ✅

10/9/19 - Medical ✅

10/11/19 - PFT ✅

1/28/20 - Polygraph ✅

2/10/20 - Met with BI✅

2/14/20 - BI met with references✅ BI cleared 5/08/20

2/13/20 - Drug Test ✅ cleared 2/28

2/19/20 - Final Call ✅ cleared 2/28

EOD - July 22 2020

FLETC - August 6 - December 15

Duty Location: Orlando, FL

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        cstephensiv same for me...lol WA here i come in 3 weeks

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP are you on boarding virtually or are you making your move regardless?

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        cstephensiv moving regardless, already sold my house and one of my cars. Quitting my job in 4 days so can't stick around...lol According to recently posts, I should get final offer letter this week or next to confirm my EOD and onboarding process. I hope I get it before moving to put my mind at ease. But i'm moving no matter what. Whats about you? When are you planning on moving to WA?

• kc.lin55
        kc.lin55 commented
        Editing a comment
        how you get Orlando? did you request it? thank you

• VRA 20-7 here, awaiting poly. CASS at 50%.. apparently polys are continuing as normal..
      Last edited by Montey; 05-08-2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Where’d you hear that - as many of us received calls last week saying the complete opposite.

• Montey
        Montey commented
        Editing a comment
        This was as per an IAD email:

"This is an automatic response to your email. If your inquiry is not covered below, we will respond to you with further information.

COVID-19: Polygraph operations at CBP will continue as normal. However, if you are ill, or traveling by air to attend a scheduled polygraph appointment, please request to cancel your test by contacting your examiner. Rescheduling is permitted following a COVID-19 cancellation. CBP strongly advises applicants to adhere to all local travel restrictions imposed to mitigate the spread of the virus. Tests canceled due to travel restrictions will be rescheduled. Please contact your examiner when you identify any travel problems."

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        They also give out handouts saying 12 weeks to be scheduled for the polygraph after passing the SI - I take all of this with a grain of salt. I was told on the phone by the recruiter no polygraphs atm and same thing from the recruiter via email.

• Montey
        Montey commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I'm sure it'll be a while before I hear anything

• Double post deleted..

Comment

• Does anyone know what a pre-security interview is for? Apparently it's right after the structured interview if you pass.

Also would anyone recommend Baltimore or Washington DC as the port to work for?

Comment

• VeeDubs86
          VeeDubs86 commented
          Editing a comment
          I went through a post security interview for BPA gs-9. It just asks 10 questions yes or no as like a pre polygraph foundation.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          VeeDubs86 that’s something new after SI interview I had my fingerprints and that was it. Must be something new what announcement are you in?

• VeeDubs86
          VeeDubs86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fonzi that was for border patrol agent announcement 20-5 gs-9 direct hire. I did not have to do one for customs officer 20-4 gs-9 direct hire.

• handsom4life
          handsom4life commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey how are you doing? Sorry to bother you I notice that you have to tale the Pre-security interview. Have you taken it if so what's involved? I've been the CBP process before and never had to do it, my SI is still good from last time.

• Anyone got hit with a medical self-certification ???

Last edited by Safranco2; 05-08-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Safranco2
          Safranco2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwings1993 houses are amazing and at a reasonable price!

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          yea, it's just that your medical expired and they want you to verify that nothing has changed or no injuries have happened since your medical last cleared. You're just signing saying that everything is still in good standards... takes like a week and it clears up

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Safranco2 MSC is normal . I had to do it before Drug test. Basically just fill out 3-4 forms saying nothing changed medically since the last medical exam. I scanned and sent it in, medical cleared the next day.

• StevenMal
          StevenMal commented
          Editing a comment
          I live like 2 hours away from E.P. I go there constantly to get away from the small town life. EP is wonderful that’s why I chose that as my #1 on recommended location. I’m just waiting for my polygraph to be scheduled but it will be awhile

• Safranco2 I know you mentioned you were 19-4. I am as well, but did you apply to the DH or/and the other than southern border announcements?

Comment

• How are you guys? I was told to clarify/update something in my eqip during my polygraph, when my package went to adjudication I got a nopa, then I sent all explanations and paperwork within 24 hours later, HR resent me eqip to recertify , got a new hr manager but never received a nopa letter from opr,

Has this happened to anyone?

Nopa at adjudication, but got a new Hr manager and i had recertify eqip i guess per poly instructions, I am lost, should I be in adjudication or Bi?

Any information on this will be appreciated.
        Last edited by Mcdanh1; 05-09-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          must mean it's a big deal if you didn't put it before. Chances are you're at the bottom of the stack now waiting for your eqip to clear again before it goes to BGI again.

• Mcdanh1
          Mcdanh1 commented
          Editing a comment
          it was disclosed but they wanted an explanation in the equip, i answered all nopa questions, and equip clared right after certification am back at 63%

• Any CBPO DH 19-9 applicants here? Have you gotten any updates? I completed the EQIP, Medical, Fitness, and Structured Interview portions, and now I'm waiting for the Polygraph to be scheduled after being told in late April that it would be postponed. Does anybody have any insider insight into when things might return to relative normal? I know they said it'll be 2021 before any polygraph exams get scheduled, but I was hoping things might make a turnaround earlier. Also, at what point would we be able to let them know about any updated information we have for the background investigation? Also, what's the deal with the polygraphs? I've come across people online who have had a problem with its effectiveness. Also, what jobs have you all been applying to/looking for while you wait for the next step in the process? And lastly, what have you been doing to get/stay in shape while waiting? I'd appreciate anybody who might know a little more than I do.

Comment

• SPX
          SPX commented
          Editing a comment
          If I recall academy classes for 2020 are filled but I don't remember being informed that polygraphs wouldn't be scheduled until 2021. I'd assume once they have things sorted out to resume and open the academy along with the hiring process they can restart rescheduling polygraphs/interviews later this year. I'll take a guess and say they're going to open and resume the hiring process by late summer or early fall. (I hope... earlier would be nice too.)

19-2 here and still waiting for my polygraph so hunker down and wait.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you hear they aren't starting polygraphs until 2021? When the recruiter called me the other week to clarify if I was still interested he said in the coming weeks/months they'll be up and running.

Regarding effectiveness it is what it is - there’s no way around it. I wouldn’t look around the internet about it either, I’d suggest to sticking to the CBP website for information
          about the poly.

I think someone on here got a date for the end of the year but yeah I’d agree EOD are set for 2021 and on.
          Last edited by corsair; 05-10-2020, 11:32 AM.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX I’m 19-2 as well for JFK and I received a call from the polygraph division to confirm I am still interested as well as to confirm my email address. The gentleman reassured that your file is active and once the national Emergency shutdown is lifted the polygraph exam will resume. EOD at this point unfortunately going to be pushed into 2021.
          Last edited by fonzi7979; 05-11-2020, 06:26 AM.

• Good evening everyone,
        Are academy classes getting pushed back? I EOD LA/Long Beach Seaport August 28 and start the Academy September 14th. Any info is helpful. Thanks

Comment

• ProtoCBP
          ProtoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Beaueeeazy How is admin leave after you EOD in LA? I EOD there next month and was planning on staying at an extended stay or something similar. With the academy dates getting pushed back, staying at a hotel could get pretty expensive. Do you know if we have to stay in LA after pre academy until our classes at FLETC start, or can people go back to their current residence and wait for their FLETC start date?

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          ProtoCBP Once you get your final letter, it will have a point of contact. Contact that person for specific details.
          Myself and a friend both recently onboarded. One of us had already moved family and live local, the other was still living across the country. That said, the one living local to the port onboarded in person and was on admin leave the next day, the non local one was onboarded virtually from home and also placed on leave. If you dont already live local to your port, verify with your POC what they want to do.

• bigal.
          bigal. commented
          Editing a comment
          When do they give you your POC info?

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          BigAl it's in your final selection letter. I recieved mine by email about 6-8 weeks prior to my EoD.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4393 users online. 272 members and 4121 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X